Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:38:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vladimir  (Read 3433 times)
bittenbob (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:56:01 PM

Now that Vladimir's actions at Bitcoin Magazine have become public, I think it is time to do the right thing and give him a scammer tag. I will let the following thread speak for itself.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129722.msg1387040#msg1387040
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 09:14:18 PM

Now that Vladimir's actions at Bitcoin Magazine have become public, I think it is time to do the right thing and give him a scammer tag. I will let the following thread speak for itself.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129722.msg1387040#msg1387040

Only a tiny amount of "old timers" are respected anymore. The rest have shown how they operate. This is not surprising in the least.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2012, 09:30:21 PM

And I thought Nefario paying himself a ceo salary while destroying glbse was bad.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 09:43:26 PM

1. I'm not sure why all of this is being made public.

2. If it is to be made public, no judgement by me will be passed until I see proof that disputes the other party's story.

This thread at this point is unwarranted without proof and context of any wrong doing on Vladimir's part.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 03:58:35 AM

Only a tiny amount of "old timers" are respected anymore. The rest have shown how they operate. This is not surprising in the least.

I was expecting this day for awhile.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 05:12:39 AM

Me too.  It raises the interesting question of whether the scammer tag is an appropriate response to internal conflicts within private companies.  I guess that Nefario being given the scammer tag for acting against the wishes of some of the other shareholders set something of a precedent.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 05:22:59 AM

Me too.  It raises the interesting question of whether the scammer tag is an appropriate response to internal conflicts within private companies.  I guess that Nefario being given the scammer tag for acting against the wishes of some of the other shareholders set something of a precedent.

It depends what the company by laws state, if there are any.

repentance

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 05:53:07 AM

In many jurisdictions it's also governed by legislation related to companies as well - this was an actual company, not one of many Bitcoin enterprises which present themselves as companies but aren't.

This isn't a new drama.  It's been going on behind the scenes for months.  I'm not sure about the wisdom of the parties involved making it public, but that horse has already bolted now.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 05:55:50 AM

In many jurisdictions it's also governed by legislation related to companies as well - this was an actual company, not one of many Bitcoin enterprises which present themselves as companies but aren't.

This isn't a new drama.  It's been going on behind the scenes for months.  I'm not sure about the wisdom of the parties involved making it public, but that horse has already bolted now.

If the forum gives someone a scammer tag can they sue for defamation ?

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 06:00:26 AM

Meh, he's always been a dodgy piece of work.  One of those types who will do anything, and trample over anyone, to make a dollar.   Scourge of society basically.

Scammer tag that bitch.

repentance

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 06:07:49 AM

If the forum gives someone a scammer tag can they sue for defamation ?

I doubt anyone's going to be suing for defamation.  It's unbelievably expensive to pursue defamation action, takes years to litigate, and awards tend to be inadequate even when you've sustained legitimate damages, especially when there are no "deep pockets" defendants involved.  You're not going to find a lawyer willing to take a defamation case on contingency.  Even establishing jurisdiction can be difficult in defamation cases which involve parties in different locations.

SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 06:08:35 AM

I'm starting a magazine called Better Bitcoin Monthly. I plan on having as much drama as possible, so you're all hired. Let's make bitcoin history! (and i mean that in the worst possible way)

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 08:26:44 AM

I'm starting a magazine called Better Bitcoin Monthly. I plan on having as much drama as possible, so you're all hired. Let's make bitcoin history! (and i mean that in the worst possible way)

Only if you ship 7% of paid orders each month.

As to the original question: I very much doubt anything of use or importance "came to light" in that thread. People who know about it knew about it independently, people who had no clue still have no clue. Even if you happen to fall in the first category, the information you're working with is fragmentary, in good part not particularly credible and in other (or partially overlapping) good part not actually true. The only people who approach having half the information are possibly the two muppets involved (or maybe more aptly said, their respective WAGs). Consequently, purporting to make calls and issue scammer tags on the basis of such a pile of crap is nonsense.

I do suspect what happened there was, a collection of the more naive but capitalized evangelists were herded together to contribute a pittance each to acquire the Bitcoin Magazine brand "so it may be preserved" as if it were actually valuable. I'm pretty sure they were at least in part lied to by that Alisie character and I'm pretty certain they were blindsided by Marchenko's reply, and they'll have an unpleasant time actually going through the settlement of this mercy acquisition of theirs.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
repentance

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 10:48:14 PM

Meh, he's always been a dodgy piece of work.  One of those types who will do anything, and trample over anyone, to make a dollar.   Scourge of society basically.

Scammer tag that bitch.

If I recall correctly, he was the person who popped my 'ignore' cherry, for many of the reasons you list.

You must have half the board on ignore by now if those are your criteria.   Grin

MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 02:15:55 PM

Scammer tag that bitch.

If I recall correctly, he was the person who popped my 'ignore' cherry, for many of the reasons you list.

You must have half the board on ignore by now if those are your criteria.   Grin

I think you got it backwards. I heard rumors that so does reeses.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 02:46:47 PM

Everyone should ignore everyone else. That would also cut down on scams and spams.
Herodes

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 01:54:10 PM

careful now, if vladimir comes in here, he'll make sure to sue all of you!  Grin
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 06:59:00 AM

It looks like this is one of the better descriptions of what has went down:
http://codinginmysleep.com/the-bittalk-media-meltdown/

What's the qualification for "old timer"? There's still plenty of people who have been around since 2010 that are just quieter than the others. Maybe they just don't intend to use their clout to sell out?
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 08:48:28 AM

Maybe they just don't intend to use their clout to sell out?

Or maybe they just don't know what to do with it.

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 09:22:50 PM

I think you got it backwards. I heard rumors that so does reeses.

I have about 2/3 of the chatty fuckers on ignore.  I let other people curate the rare insightful comment for me by replying.

But I do believe I have a small but respectable number of ignores myself.  Not MPOE-PR scale, but also not too far behind.

you are both the same shade of yellow. how about me? :-)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: