Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 624 times)
rflxso (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:07:05 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 10:17:20 PM by rflxso

buying $10 in bitcoins, it seems impossible to buy bitcoins for me, even when i submit ID's and do whatever they ask, i can't seem to buy them, can anyone here help, no scammers PLEASE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sardasa

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:09:36 PM

I can sell this to you for $12.25 PayPal paid as goods & services but few questions before we deal:

1. Is your PayPal account Verified & on your name? I would need your ID to verify this.
2. Are funds in your PayPal account legit? I would need screenshots of how you obtained these funds + all cases screenshot from your PayPal's resolution center.
3. You promise to never charge back this payment once you receive BTC ?

rflxso (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:23:41 PM

i can't use paypal, here's why http://caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news/paypal-to-stop-person-to-person-payment-service-in-puerto-rico-116675.html
sardasa

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:28:31 PM

then how do you want to pay?

though you can still send payments as goods and services "“Our customers in Puerto Rico will no longer be able send money to friends and family abroad with Venmo or PayPal, but will be able to continue to use PayPal to pay for goods and services and receive payments."

rflxso (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:44:37 PM

i was checking, it seems i can, i'm sorry i didn't notice that, well regarding to my paypal account, it's verified and yes it's on my name, yes i can give you my id, yes the money in the paypal account is legit and yes i promise to not chargeback, question, where do i send the id and the sreenshot of how i obtained the funds?
sardasa

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:45:41 PM

i was checking, it seems i can, i'm sorry i didn't notice that, well regarding to my paypal account, it's verified and yes it's on my name, yes i can give you my id, yes the money in the paypal account is legit and yes i promise to not chargeback, question, where do i send the id and the sreenshot of how i obtained the funds?
Send all these details via PM to me on the forum here.

rflxso (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:55:10 PM

will do
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:13:12 PM

No offense, sardasa, but, ideally, you would be sending the BTC to an escrow, at this point (many of them do escrow work for free, and it's always an extra layer of security for both parties).

Also:

I can sell this to you for $12.25 PayPal paid as goods & services but few questions before we deal:

1. Is your PayPal account Verified & on your name? I would need your ID to verify this.
2. Are funds in your PayPal account legit? I would need screenshots of how you obtained these funds + all cases screenshot from your PayPal's resolution center.

1. Would this really help? ID's can be fake/stolen (along with accounts), and the amount is so small that pursuing it would likely be unprofitable anyway.
2. Hmm, can't those screenshots / the pages from which the screenshots are taken be easily edited?
3. ... really? Smiley
rflxso (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:17:58 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 09:44:10 PM by rflxso

can you give me your email please, i don't know how to attach screenshots here

man, you really don't answer so, bye, i'll just deal with someone on this earth that actually knows how to deal or help me, thanks, for the wasted time.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:23:26 PM

Escrow does nothing for this transaction as there is no guarantee against a chargeback.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
rflxso (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:24:47 PM

No offense, sardasa, but, ideally, you would be sending the BTC to an escrow, at this point (many of them do escrow work for free, and it's always an extra layer of security for both parties).

Also:

1. Would this really help? ID's can be fake/stolen (along with accounts), and the amount is so small that pursuing it would likely be unprofitable anyway.
2. Hmm, can't those screenshots / the pages from which the screenshots are taken be easily edited?
3. ... really? Smiley

i hardly know anything about this, i just want to finish the transaction without any problems, that's all
u9y42
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:26:15 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 09:45:04 PM by u9y42

Escrow does nothing for this transaction as there is no guarantee against a chargeback.

It's certainly true that the escrow can't prevent a chargeback, but it would protect rflxso from, say, sardasa not sending the BTC. Additionally, and maybe I'm giving escrow too much credit here, escrow might be able to prevent other types of scams, like, for instance, users trading among several of their alts to gain the veneer of trust (not saying that is what is going on here, but you never know Tongue).

EDIT:

i hardly know anything about this, i just want to finish the transaction without any problems, that's all

For safety's sake, contact someone from the following escrow list next time (assuming the current deal is already done): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0 - they'll help you out, step by step, if needed, and (many of them) charge absolutely nothing for it.
sardasa

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:00:17 PM

I am the one who is taking risk here. Why should I use escrow & pay for the escrow fee? Which escrow would be willing to deal for just $10?

3. ... really? Smiley

I assume you have done all these things in here that's why you know so much about it.
Anyways, the guy has sent me his id holding in his hand.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PS: Just for the sake of spamming your signature please do not post comments on thread(s)

sardasa

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:02:04 PM

can you give me your email please, i don't know how to attach screenshots here

man, you really don't answer so, bye, i'll just deal with someone on this earth that actually knows how to deal or help me, thanks, for the wasted time.

Feel free to deal with anyone you want. I am not forcing you to deal with me. In any case I am only earning $1 in this deal. So, its not going to be a big loss for me Smiley

u9y42
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:15:17 PM

I am the one who is taking risk here. Why should I use escrow & pay for the escrow fee? Which escrow would be willing to deal for just $10?

Several would be willing to do so; plus, look at the list I posted above, and you'll see not every escrow requires a fee.

In relation to who is taking a risk here, that depends on how you go about it: you are always at risk of chargebacks here, no doubt; but, if you require him to go first, for example, he is also taking the risk you won't send the BTC.

3. ... really? Smiley

I assume you have done all these things in here that's why you know so much about it.
Anyways, the guy has sent me his id holding in his hand.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't take this personally, sardasa.

PS: Just for the sake of spamming your signature do not post comments on my thread

I'm raising what I see are valid concerns but, if you believe they are nothing but spam, click the "Report to moderator" link in the bottom right corner of each offending post, and a moderator will be along shortly to clean them up.
sardasa

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:21:06 PM

Several would be willing to do so; plus, look at the list I posted above, and you'll see not every escrow requires a fee.

In relation to who is taking a risk here, that depends on how you go about it: you are always at risk of chargebacks here, no doubt; but, if you require him to go first, for example, he is also taking the risk you won't send the BTC.

If I don't send the BTC then can't he initiate charge back?

Tell me one reason why should I not?
Did you even check my trust here? Have I not sent BTC to users before? Did you even check my thread about selling BTC or you were to eager to just throw your judgement?

PS: Just for the sake of spamming your signature do not post comments on my thread

I'm raising what I see are valid concerns but, if you believe they are nothing but spam, click the "Report to moderator" link in the bottom right corner of each offending post, and a moderator will be along shortly to clean them up.
I would have done this if you had shitted on my thread. Apparently its not my thread so you are free to shit as much as you want.

u9y42
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:21:13 PM

If I don't send the BTC then can't he initiate charge back?

Yes, he can, but chargebacks are not without risk either - using escrow would be far safer (and faster, if things go wrong).

Tell me one reason why should I not?
Did you even check my trust here? Have I not sent BTC to users before? Did you even check my thread about selling BTC or you were to eager to just throw your judgement?

Sardasa, I'm not saying that you will scam, or that rflxso will scam - I'm saying that the way you both were going about this was riskier than it should be. In fact, if you look back at my very first post in this thread, you will see that I criticized both the lack of escrow (which would be a risk to rflxso, if he went first) and the precautions you were taking to protect yourself (which seemed insufficient to me, and so, posed a risk to you).

I would have done this if you had shitted on my thread. Apparently its not my thread so you are free to shit as much as you want.

You can (and arguably should) report spam no matter where in the forum it occurs.
sardasa

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:32:03 PM

Yes, he can, but chargebacks are not without risk either - using escrow would be far safer (and faster, if things go wrong).

Is there anything in life w/o risk?
You marry a girl/guy. are you 100% sure that both of you would be able to live together all your life? Isn't there a risk involved?
You deposit your money in the bank and after few days bank gets bankrupt. Isn't there a risk involved?
You are driving on the road & suddenly met an accident. Isn't there a risk involved?

Sardasa, I'm not saying that you will scam, or that rflxso will scam - I'm saying that the way you both were going about this was riskier than it should be. In fact, if you look back at my very first post in this thread, you will see that I criticized both the lack of escrow (which would be a risk to rflxso, if he went first) and the precautions you were taking to protect yourself (which seemed insufficient to me, and so, posed a risk to you).

What else can I take as precautions if I have to sell BTC for PayPal?
No escrow can help as user got 180 days to charge back the payment they send.

You can (and arguably should) report spam no matter where in the forum it occurs.

Its NOT my moral responsibility to keep this forum spam free. Rules are there in place & people should follow them!

sardasa

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:43:48 PM

Just checked your trust score & as I wrote here, you are nothing but signature spammer.
All feedbacks left by you are for users who paid you for spamming this forum: http://prntscr.com/9h0nnw

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: