Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone trying to sell "his" way to get some btc  (Read 1286 times)
teston25 (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 08:00:55 PM

Holla, i've pm'ed a fairly new member over here, few days ago, asking how could he get as much btc, assuming the amount said previously wasnt bollox, and as answer, he offered me ''his"' way to get some bitcoin, for money, still via pm, its me or did this sound fishy ?

Regards.
teston25 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 08:09:28 PM

I'm sorry i don't get it.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3247

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 08:52:43 PM

Holla, i've pm'ed a fairly new member over here, few days ago, asking how could he get as much btc, assuming the amount said previously wasnt bollox, and as answer, he offered me ''his"' way to get some bitcoin, for money, still via pm, its me or did this sound fishy ?

Yes. It is fishy, but he might have been kidding. Don't pay for this information. It is worthless. Who is this member?

BTW, there are occasionally members that are new to this site but have been involved in bitcoin for a while. There are also people that have several accounts (a.k.a. "sockpuppets").

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
teston25 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 09:09:59 PM

The member is mah87, asking me 1000euros for making 100btc per week, i've to admit he made me laught, i could drop some screenshot if you want.

I started this thread, cause in some case, offer like could be serious & honest, not in this situation unfortably.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 09:12:53 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2012, 09:57:34 PM by Otoh

You PMed a new member who claims to be btc rich
He offered to sell you his 'method'
You ask: does that look dodgy?

Answer: Yep, of course it does
Steps you can take if you still wished to pursue it:

Ask him to prove his claimed large btc balance by sending (eg) 0.00014300 from it to an address of your choice
In the unlikely event of that happening, agree to pay X btc for his 'How to get btc rich info' & have him agree for the funds to be escrowed until you do so, I'll hold them & arbitrate any dispute if you like

ie: He tells you how he got rich but it's no use going forwards (eg: by scamming ppl like you) = your money back
He sends you good & actionable trading etc info which if you followed it would have made you good money = he gets paid

Edit: posted before I saw the rediculous offer he'd made

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 09:44:59 PM

Pay me, I will tell you how to get bitcoins, it does involve a spaceship and going to the planet Uranus LMAO

Yes this is fishy, just use bitinstant you get your bitcoins for cash
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3657
Merit: 1448

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 09:49:05 PM

His way is probably to make you pay him.  Grin
Gatorhex

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 10:13:37 PM

His way is probably to make you pay him.

Correct, this the old "work from home" scam.

You see a flyer on a telephone pole saying...

"Unemployed? You can earn $1000 per week working from home, just send me $50 for a starter pack"

You send off your $50 and they send you back a black marker, some paper, and instructions to put flyers on telephone poles saying "you can work from home".

Wink
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 10:45:32 PM

His way will work if you give into him.

your way will work if he gives in to you.

The neither gives in then the system worked. 

There are others that will trade your way.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
teston25 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 11:45:15 PM

Well guys, you're turning this like i'm a dumb, of course it sound silly to pm a new comer who claims stuff like this, but as new comer, firstly i would like to improve my knowledge and secondly i'm not like, hey everyone is a scamer etc.

Just saw he's was french and seems to have some clue, thats it, but anyway you're all right in final ahah asked 1k euros for some sweet wind, i got know he make some bitcoin.

At least you guys make me laught, or did im laughting about myself..
mjc

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2012, 11:55:57 PM

Bitcoin-OTC has a web of trust infrastructure.  The way it works two fold.  One if no one trusts you, you work with people that have established trust.  You earn the trust, so that others will trust you.  It comes slowly over time.  The user that is trusted goes last.  So if I'm new and I'm working with a trusted user, I'll pay first then they will pay.  If two people that don't trust one another meet, its a very risky deal.

That was really what i was getting at.  check out bitcoin-otc.  This web site will help: bitcoin-otc.com

Also, I go over how to get on IRC safely and how to get started in my book.  The link is in my signature.  It contains step by step instructions.  The web site I listed has everything you need too. 

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 05:31:49 AM

For 10 BTC I will let you know if the guy is a crook or not. Hurry, this offer will expire soon.
teston25 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 05:44:11 AM

I love the way how people could be ironic, when as new comer in a community, you start asking question, who from your side could be really silly.

Remember, not every newbi are low brained or have lack of cmon sense, i still admit my question could be more accurate in some other community, but since the economic side effect here's taking the main part.

Why i started this topic, cause i thought it could be sort of book or information like mjc's book, but more specific.

Anyway, hope you enjoy making fun of people, you should remember when you joined at first, cause some people don't ask stupid question, but are doing stupid thing.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3247

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 06:00:49 AM

I love the way how people could be ironic, when as new comer in a community, you start asking question, who from your side could be really silly.

Remember, not every newbi are low brained or have lack of cmon sense, i still admit my question could be more accurate in some other community, but since the economic side effect here's taking the main part.

Why i started this topic, cause i thought it could be sort of book or information like mjc's book, but more specific.

Anyway, hope you enjoy making fun of people, you should remember when you joined at first, cause some people don't ask stupid question, but are doing stupid thing.

Don't worry. Nobody is making fun of you. Members here have seen every scam known to man. So, when somebody joins and tries such an obvious get-rich-quick scam, it is kind of funny (as long as nobody falls for it).

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 08:13:02 AM

I'll tell you his method (for free).

Troll around looking for suckers, offer to tell them how to get tons of bitcoins for a price, get $$ upfront.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
teston25 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 10:29:05 AM

I perfectly got your point, even if i'm new in the btc community, i also know how people could be naive, but i wont take advantage, by principle, but yeah i pretty sure thats easy to make ton of "free btc" while abusing of those kind of person.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 11:23:51 AM

Sorry, I misread the headline. Thought it was something about letting a guy have his way with you for BTC.
nyusternie

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

"Living the Kewl Life"

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 01:36:29 PM

Sorry, I misread the headline. Thought it was something about letting a guy have his way with you for BTC.
LMAO

1SDoTrAWQnbJ2ZHvLs3a2XxazqNSishn1
GPG A1638B57 | OTC nyusternie
lightlord
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 02:17:19 PM

LMAO

LMFAO

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mjc

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 04:06:07 PM

We really are not trying to make fun of you.  Your question is legit and one we see a lot.  How do you manage a transaction? 

I personally do not mean to make you feel bad in any way.  I think others here are just having fun too.  This community is certainly one that means well and will always try to help. 

I TOTALLY agree that a book could be written about Bitcoin  : Trust and Transactions.  Did I just come up with a title? :-)  I had toyed with the idea for a bit.  I'm wanting to dig in a bit deeper before I under take a book like that.  I had been reading Bruce Schneiers book called Lairs and Outlairs, which is really all about trust models. http://www.amazon.com/Liars-Outliers-Enabling-Society-Thrive/dp/1118143302

I like the idea of the Web Of Trust associated with the Bitcoin-otc.  I have some other ideas too, but we'll leave them in my head for now.

It someone beats me too it, I'm cool with that as long as they do it right.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: