Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:13:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning, ALL BFL PRE-ORDERS ARE NON REFUNDABLE - CONFIRMED BY INABA  (Read 7701 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 05:52:16 PM

It's amusing that anyone raising concerns about BFL is automatically labeled a troll. Almost like no one has ever been scammed in the BTC community.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 05:54:17 PM

Please excuse my naive question (and excuse me if it comes off as offensive, no offense intended), I'm not really into mining anymore and have only followed these ASIC-related developments from a distance, but has this BFL company ever delivered anything to anyone ?

gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8419

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 06:15:30 PM

Please excuse my naive question (and excuse me if it comes off as offensive, no offense intended), I'm not really into mining anymore and have only followed these ASIC-related developments from a distance, but has this BFL company ever delivered anything to anyone ?
They have— a great many FPGA products— but maybe that was just a "CYA" and not their actual policy. Tongue
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 06:21:19 PM

They have— a great many FPGA products— but maybe that was just a "CYA" and not their actual policy. Tongue
Thank you!

creativex

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 06:23:56 PM

As stated, they have indeed delivered FPGA products. Then like now they were months late, but they did eventually deliver.

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 06:33:13 PM

It's amusing that anyone raising concerns about BFL is automatically labeled a troll. Almost like no one has ever been scammed in the BTC community.

My point was not that that any questions are automatically trolling,  but that it is all the bad advertisement that is giving BFL the advantage.  They get free advertisement from the haters and questioning.   

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
freecoin

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 06:45:17 PM

I was scammed by the Federal Reserve/IRS scheme for many years, as the trust account records show:
http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showthread.php?461-Social-Security-Number&p=5059&viewfull=1#post5059

Federal Reserve Act - Remedy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU6fxC5CXMg
mem (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 12:58:10 AM

citation please
/thread

Until mem posts a BFL link and/or quote from Inaba/Josh, he's just the shitfaced typical liar he usually is.

mufa23 the BFL shill with his BFL sig.

Still talking out his arse, does not even check the website of the company he endorses.

This is what a shill looks like everyone.

Struggling to see a confirmation in the thread.

Cant see the confirmation for your shilling.
Obvious shill is obvious.

So many newbies with paid BFL sigs refusing to read their favourite companies website.

Oh the cognitive dissonance is strong with BFL fans/shills.

creativex

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 01:40:45 AM

My point was not that that any questions are automatically trolling,  but that it is all the bad advertisement that is giving BFL the advantage.  They get free advertisement from the haters and questioning.

I dunno, perhaps. I think they had the advantage in the ASIC arena when they announced(lied) that they'd "schedule shipments" for October. Warning folks that this company doesn't keep it's word will hopefully give some pause.

bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:10:38 AM

citation please
/thread

Until mem posts a BFL link and/or quote from Inaba/Josh, he's just the shitfaced typical liar he usually is.

Still talking out his arse, does not even check the website of the company he endorses.

Struggling to see a confirmation in the thread.

Cant see the confirmation for your shilling.
Obvious shill is obvious.

So many newbies with paid BFL sigs refusing to read their favourite companies website.

Oh the cognitive dissonance is strong with BFL fans/shills.

Mem - What BFL signature?  Try reading the text of mufa23s post. I think mufa23 has a good point, you are shitfaced right?

Pretty much mem is emotional and wants to make a scary ALL CAPS thread.  Again, please read my reply on the first page of this thread.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:48:17 AM

Again and again.. Another thread bashing BFL Sad

Nothing new here, this refund policy is quite old, and BFL still refund if asked, even if they could wait until jan 1st for refund..
They are more accomodating that their policy state.

Anyone who wish to cancel, do so, especially if you are under 6000 order number, this will make me have my rigs sooner..

For anyone interested, I'll order another 60Gh from BFL this week.. and im pretty confident to have it delivered, sometime !!

At least, I think all those BFL-Hater are not hurting that much, as it often stated in marketing, speak about it for good or for bad, but speak about it Smiley

I'm quite impressed to see that few bitcointalk user are making so much effort to bash BFL.. post full of fallacy, misconducting lies etc.. those few haters must be paid to use so much time posting about it.. 

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:50:02 AM

Yet another TROLL thread.
Yep, Yatt.

FRIZZ23 - Guaranteed 23 identities at least! - Pre-Order Yours Today! No charge at all!
`````` 24/7 - 100% totally anti-BFL devoted trolling! - go check him or one of his other identities @ Bitcointalk.org-Forums``````

LOL, indeed.. FRIZZ23 is totally insane, or get paid for posting that much hate Wink
creativex

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:53:48 AM

Can anyone confirm or deny that BFL just announced yet another delay? As in won't receive chips until mid January 2013? Links please if you have them.

I'll order another from their competition if this is the case.

mem (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:55:23 AM

Nothing new here, this refund policy is quite old, and BFL still refund if asked, even if they could wait until jan 1st for refund..

It seems you do not grasp what an official policy is.

Whatever they say, do and promise means nothing when they have an official policy stating NO REFUNDS.

Twist, turn and make excuse as I know you will, their policy is and always has been no refunds.
Meaning they can at any point cease business and keep the preorder capital.

You know this to be true and it is factually true.
Your cute opinions are just that and they can offer no assurances.

Keep insisting you trust a company run by a convicted felon because he gives you the warm fuzzies, I'll stick to the unadulterated facts.

I'm quite impressed to see that few bitcointalk user are making so much effort to bash BFL.. post full of fallacy, misconducting lies etc.. those few haters must be paid to use so much time posting about it..  

You are the liar sir and its disgusting how you blatantly ignore facts and attempt to slander those who present the very facts that contradict your opinions.
Still you are another BFL shill, I dont expect you to acknowledge the facts I only expect you to attempt to derail the topic with your lies and misinformation as I have quoted above.

There are no fallacies in my argument only facts quoted from their own webpage.
misconducting lies etc - the only lies here are your own, if you have any character worth defending then list said lies and we discuss them fact for fact.
haters must be paid to use so much time posting about it. - says  the shill with his paid sig.

You would be funny were you not so sad.

BTCHashers

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:56:26 AM

It doesn't say that they are non-refundable, they are just saying that you can't get a refund until January 1st at the latest
creativex

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:59:47 AM

Can anyone confirm or deny that BFL just announced yet another delay? As in won't receive chips until mid January 2013? Links please if you have them.

I'll order another from their competition if this is the case.

n/m...found it. Unfugging believable.

10 Dec 2012 BFL ASIC Update
After talking with our liaison tonight and still having not received a final confirmation date, we were as tired of this as everyone else is, so we continued to push for a date and they gave us 30 days from today. That's my update. It's an update I'm not happy about at this point and it may very well be that things will wrap up sooner than that. I am hoping I was just given a date that they would be sure to be ready by so we would get off their case. When pressed for a reason why, I have been told that because this is a very dense, hand routed design they are afraid of making a mistake and have required extra checking and sign offs which has slowed down the whole process considerably. They don't want to be on the hook financially for having to redo the whole order. It sounds reasonable to me and I have no reason to doubt this, but it doesn't make it any more palatable at the moment.

That said, after reviewing the new information coming out of the bASIC camp and the Avalon camp, I'm pretty convinced we won't see a shipping product on their current timelines either, or at least not a product that is at the specs they have given. Unless they have significant information they are not sharing in their released information so far, I suspect they are going to run into some of the same problems we have run into and have resolved, which has caused our delays. This does not excuse the fact that we are delayed again, by any means. I just want to point out that this process (developing ASICs) is not a trivial process and there are bound to be bumps in the road, which everyone, including us, are experiencing right now. Be that as it may, as usual we will gladly honor any refund requests on orders people have placed with BFL. If you wish to cancel your order and request a refund, please email office@butterflylabs.com with your order number and customer service will be happy to accommodate you.

I apologize for this new delay and I am exceptionally displeased at the moment (to put it mildly). I am hoping for better news at some point in the near future, but I am not counting on it right now. I don't have any additional information at this time; I have pushed for as much information as I could get and this is what I received so far. I'm afraid of running into the soup ASIC nazi.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 03:14:26 AM

10 Dec 2012 BFL ASIC Update
After talking with our liaison tonight and still having not received a final confirmation date, we were as tired of this as everyone else is, so we continued to push for a date and they gave us 30 days from today. That's my update. It's an update I'm not happy about at this point and it may very well be that things will wrap up sooner than that. I am hoping I was just given a date that they would be sure to be ready by so we would get off their case. When pressed for a reason why, I have been told that because this is a very dense, hand routed design they are afraid of making a mistake and have required extra checking and sign offs which has slowed down the whole process considerably. They don't want to be on the hook financially for having to redo the whole order. It sounds reasonable to me and I have no reason to doubt this, but it doesn't make it any more palatable at the moment.

That said, after reviewing the new information coming out of the bASIC camp and the Avalon camp, I'm pretty convinced we won't see a shipping product on their current timelines either, or at least not a product that is at the specs they have given. Unless they have significant information they are not sharing in their released information so far, I suspect they are going to run into some of the same problems we have run into and have resolved, which has caused our delays. This does not excuse the fact that we are delayed again, by any means. I just want to point out that this process (developing ASICs) is not a trivial process and there are bound to be bumps in the road, which everyone, including us, are experiencing right now. Be that as it may, as usual we will gladly honor any refund requests on orders people have placed with BFL. If you wish to cancel your order and request a refund, please email office@butterflylabs.com with your order number and customer service will be happy to accommodate you.

I apologize for this new delay and I am exceptionally displeased at the moment (to put it mildly). I am hoping for better news at some point in the near future, but I am not counting on it right now. I don't have any additional information at this time; I have pushed for as much information as I could get and this is what I received so far. I'm afraid of running into the soup ASIC nazi.
Bold added. You can lock this thread now.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 03:50:42 AM

citation please
/thread

Mem - What BFL signature?  Try reading the text of mufa23s post. I think mufa23 has a good point, you are shitfaced right?
What this guy said.

I'm not too sure if this is lame attempt at trolling, or if you are just misinformed. I've never advertised any companies in my signature, let alone BFL. I have purchased stuff from BFL, and have a user account on their support forum, but that's as far as my involvement has been with the company.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 03:57:07 AM

What does the american law say about that?
If the law says you must be able to cancel and get a refund if it takes longer than twice the time they say when you order, they have to give a refund, even if it says something else in their policy because the law is more important.
I'm not sure what law they must follow for orders in other countries, for example for me. The dutch law because I order it from within the Netherlands, or the american law because they are an american company.

For these types of issues, since it is a business incorporated in an American state, they must follow American law, even with respect to customers in other countries. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
wdBTCtrader

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 04:17:04 AM

It seems you do not grasp what an official policy is.

Whatever they say, do and promise means nothing when they have an official policy stating NO REFUNDS.

Twist, turn and make excuse as I know you will, their policy is and always has been no refunds.
Meaning they can at any point cease business and keep the preorder capital.

You know this to be true and it is factually true.
Your cute opinions are just that and they can offer no assurances.

Keep insisting you trust a company run by a convicted felon because he gives you the warm fuzzies, I'll stick to the unadulterated facts.

You are the liar sir and its disgusting how you blatantly ignore facts and attempt to slander those who present the very facts that contradict your opinions.
Still you are another BFL shill, I dont expect you to acknowledge the facts I only expect you to attempt to derail the topic with your lies and misinformation as I have quoted above.

There are no fallacies in my argument only facts quoted from their own webpage.
misconducting lies etc - the only lies here are your own, if you have any character worth defending then list said lies and we discuss them fact for fact.
haters must be paid to use so much time posting about it. - says  the shill with his paid sig.

You would be funny were you not so sad.

You are a fucking drama queen.  Do you even have an investment with BFL?  If not, why do you care? If you do, then why are you rooting for them to fail?

Oh that's right you're a drama queen. This post has nothing to do with BFL and everything to do with you starting shit so that you are the center of attention.

seriously, it's pathetic.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: