Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freedom is ...  (Read 14365 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 04:57:43 AM

Cool! Education for the rich.

I think you may be confusing education and schooling.

Schooling for the rich, education for the masses.

You mean a reduced and cheap product for the masses, graduated in such a way as to insure the poor get the least education. How thoughtful.

Once again, you're confusing schooling and education. Everyone gets the same education (as I said, reading, writing, and math, and most importantly how to learn) but not everyone gets the same schooling - classes, curriculum, etc.

So you're saying they really don't get the same thing? Some get the Yugo of education, and others get the Rolls Royce of education.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:05:05 AM

Cool! Education for the rich.

I think you may be confusing education and schooling.

Schooling for the rich, education for the masses.

You mean a reduced and cheap product for the masses, graduated in such a way as to insure the poor get the least education. How thoughtful.

Once again, you're confusing schooling and education. Everyone gets the same education (as I said, reading, writing, and math, and most importantly how to learn) but not everyone gets the same schooling - classes, curriculum, etc.

So you're saying they really don't get the same thing? Some get the Yugo of education, and others get the Rolls Royce of education.

Everyone gets basic education. Some get more schooling. Schooling ≠ Education.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
furrycoat

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 06:32:36 AM

Freedom is a government with low amounts of power
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:59:25 AM

Freedom will be possible only in a world without the monetary system !

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 08:15:22 AM

Peddle your robocommunism elsewhere.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 01:40:24 PM

You want to tell me what good a speeding ticket does the person who is harmed as a result of a driver speeding? (Assuming anyone is actually harmed... and if not, who gives a fuck?)

Victimless crimes FTW.

It is not a victimless crime.  I could shoot a gun in public, randomly waving it about, and not hit a single person, but it's still a bad idea because the CHANCE of hurting another person was increased due to my actions.  The fact that I didn't actually hit anybody doesn't change anything.

luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 01:43:49 PM

Violence and freedom are inexorably linked.  This is because violence can always overpower nonviolence, unless you have for example a non-violent shield or other defense-- however this only encourages the violent to come up with better violent tactics.  At some point the effort required to maintain defense -- the people killed manufacturing the shield -- becomes so expensive in both property AND human life that the most ethical thing to do is to kill the attackers.

Non-aggression only works until it doesn't.

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 02:29:31 PM

You want to tell me what good a speeding ticket does the person who is harmed as a result of a driver speeding? (Assuming anyone is actually harmed... and if not, who gives a fuck?)

Victimless crimes FTW.

It is not a victimless crime.  I could shoot a gun in public, randomly waving it about, and not hit a single person, but it's still a bad idea because the CHANCE of hurting another person was increased due to my actions.  The fact that I didn't actually hit anybody doesn't change anything.

You've got it all wrong. It's not a bad idea because you might hurt someone, it's a bad idea because others might think their lives are in danger and they'll hurt you to stop you. Same goes for speeding.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 02:38:02 PM

This prove that you dont know what the Zeitgeist Movement is really about !
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:06:01 PM

This prove that you dont know what the Zeitgeist Movement is really about !

Apparently, adding exclamation points to sentences that don't need it. Let's see if any of this sounds familiar:

"a theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capital, land, etc., in the population as a whole. "

Does that sound anything like Zeitgeist?

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:37:11 PM

Victimless crimes FTW.

You've got it all wrong. It's not a bad idea because you might hurt someone, it's a bad idea because others might think their lives are in danger and they'll hurt you to stop you. Same goes for speeding.

So let me get this straight, waving a gun in public and randomly discharging it is not a bad idea because you might hurt someone?  But instead it is because someone might hurt me?   That is one of the most selfish statements I have ever heard.  I am sorry but unless you restate this, you discredit yourself on the grounds of your lack of judgement and common sense.  How can we take your opinions on this as reasonable if they is your thoughts on waving and firing a gun in public randomly.   

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:48:11 PM

Victimless crimes FTW.

So let me get this straight, waving a gun in public and randomly discharging it is not a bad idea because you might hurt someone?  But instead it is because someone might hurt me?   That is one of the most selfish statements I have ever heard.  I am sorry but unless you restate this, you discredit yourself on the grounds of your lack of judgement and common sense.  How can we take your opinions on this as reasonable if they is your thoughts on waving and firing a gun in public randomly.   

Apparently you misread that.
it's a bad idea because others might think their lives are in danger

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:56:39 PM

Victimless crimes FTW.

It is not a victimless crime.  I could shoot a gun in public, randomly waving it about, and not hit a single person, but it's still a bad idea because the CHANCE of hurting another person was increased due to my actions.  The fact that I didn't actually hit anybody doesn't change anything.

So let me get this straight, waving a gun in public and randomly discharging it is not a bad idea because you might hurt someone?  But instead it is because someone might hurt me?   That is one of the most selfish statements I have ever heard.  I am sorry but unless you restate this, you discredit yourself on the grounds of your lack of judgement and common sense.  How can we take your opinions on this as reasonable if they is your thoughts on waving and firing a gun in public randomly.  

Apparently you misread that.
it's a bad idea because others might think their lives are in danger

I did not misread anything, trying reading again.  Here is the direct quote.  I know your not stupid so what gives?

Hazek  - "It's not a bad idea because you might hurt someone, it's a bad idea because others might think their lives are in danger and they'll hurt you to stop you. "

Above comment was in response to:  " I could shoot a gun in public, randomly waving it about, and not hit a single person, but it's still a bad idea because the CHANCE of hurting another person was increased due to my actions.  The fact that I didn't actually hit anybody doesn't change anything."

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:02:41 PM

And you think you're smart enough to live without any government... Roll Eyes

I am, but I have my doubts about Dalkore.

I did not misread anything, trying reading again. 

lets try that again:
This is why it's a bad idea:
because others might think their lives are in danger

And this is what happens when you act on that bad idea:
they'll hurt you to stop you.

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:09:19 PM

lets try that again:

Ok, your discredited as well.  I am done with this, I feel comfortable that Myrkul and Hazek's lack of common sense on something so basic is proof enough that you do not have the capacity to setup AnCap or any other system in a manner that would be beneficial and safe for the people in it.  I am serious.  I'll just let your comments on this stand and people and judge them all they want.  

Me personally, have enough common sense and compassion to know I would not randomly discharge a firearm in public because I would not want to hurt someone, not because someone might hurt me. 

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:12:40 PM

lets try that again:

He said RANDOMLY waving it about, you mental nut-case. Thus the danger to anyone within range is real, not imagined. If you can't figure such simple things out, you are not fit to live in a society free from government. Yet another reason for governments to exist: to protect others from the dangers posed by people with your dangerous attitude.

Just leave them be, they have shown themselves and discredited their opinions based on a lack of common sense or a sense or right and wrong.  Can't trust what they say at this point.  I would not feel safe around them in person with these attitudes. 

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:19:42 PM

Just leave them be, they have shown themselves and discredited their opinions based on a lack of common sense or a sense or right and wrong.  Can't trust what they say at this point.  I would not feel safe around them in person with these attitudes. 

Arrrrr!!!!!.... Fine... Wink

Mind you, I went to a firing range one time, and there were quite a lot of people with really dilated pupils -- it seems handling a gun often gives people an adrenaline rush which they might find addictive. This would explain a lot...

I am sad actually, I was surprised to see this reckless comment.  It is really telling in my opinion on how they see the world. 

Quite scary that the threat of harm against them is what would stop them from randomly firing a gun in public, not that they might hit an innocent.  Scary.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:29:58 PM

lets try that again:

He said RANDOMLY waving it about, you mental nut-case. Thus the danger to anyone within range is real, not imagined. If you can't figure such simple things out, you are not fit to live in a society free from government. Yet another reason for governments to exist: to protect others from the dangers posed by people with your dangerous attitude.

It seems your whole argument hinges on the selection of the word "might" in hazek's post. Let's try again with a different word:
because others [will] think their lives are in danger

Is that better?

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 06:35:14 PM

lets try that again:

It seems your whole argument hinges on the selection of the word "might" in hazek's post. Let's try again with a different word:
because others [will] think their lives are in danger

Is that better?

No its not better at all.  You literally don't get it.   Good luck. 

FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 07:16:50 PM

Dalkore, blablahblah, and others,

These same absolutely absurd things have been discussed over and over, a year and more ago. What these scenarios reveal, is what you guys are coming to realize. And the arguments are circular as well, meaning that they keep following an extraordinarily long and crazy form of logic which ignores key points until you're right back at the beginning, having to go through it all again.

Were any of you here during the discussion about the knife juggler on the inflatable life raft with four other individuals, floating in the ocean, with sharks swimming around? The conversation was actually rather creepy in what it revealed about these people. There was even mention of the first guy in the life raft as having a claim of ownership on the raft, but then it proceeded on to discussion about the knife juggler practicing juggling on board the raft...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: