Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:25:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freedom is ...  (Read 14365 times)
Bitware (OP)

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:52:16 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2012, 03:40:20 AM by Bitware

the inability to be coerced.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 03:19:51 AM

Uncompromisedly strict adherence to the non-aggression principle.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Bitware (OP)

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 03:41:20 AM

Uncompromisedly strict adherence to the non-aggression principle.

I like that too.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 05:53:37 AM

A uniform set of laws guaranteeing rights to protection of everyone regardless of their wealth, such that everyone may go about their business and recreation reasonably and comfortably.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 06:05:49 AM

I'm going to guess, without even looking, that the post directly above mine has nothing to do with freedom...

Edit: Well, Not as bad as usual. I stand corrected.

Though I wonder why uniformity trumps fairness.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 06:12:46 AM

I'm going to guess, without even looking, that the post directly above mine has nothing to do with freedom...

I'm going to point out (as opposed to guessing) that the above post has nothing to do with freedom.

Edit: Well, Not as bad as usual. I stand corrected.

Fairness cannot exist without uniform application.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 06:15:27 AM

I see, so we should make the speed limits in all the US states the same? Otherwise they're not fair, right? And we should make the highway speeds the same as the city street speeds. That's fair, right?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 06:19:23 AM

I see, so we should make the speed limits in all the US states the same? Otherwise they're not fair, right?

Wow. What a weak comeback. I doubt one freeway will feel that it got unfair treatment as opposed to another freeway.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 06:22:59 AM

I see, so we should make the speed limits in all the US states the same? Otherwise they're not fair, right?

Wow. What a weak comeback. I doubt one freeway will feel that it got unfair treatment as opposed to another freeway.
It's not the freeway, but the motorist that gets unfair treatment. What will get a man fined in one state (going, say, 75mph), or in one section of a state, will not get another man in trouble at all. That is not uniform, and so, not fair, am I right?

Therefore, all speed limits everywhere should be exactly the same, in order to be fair to all motorists.

FirstAscent

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 06:29:23 AM

It's not the freeway, but the motorist that gets unfair treatment. What will get a man fined in one state (going, say, 75mph), or in one section of a state, will not get another man in trouble at all. That is not uniform, and so, not fair, am I right?

Not really. Both encounter the same speed limit on the same highway.

Therefore, all speed limits everywhere should be exactly the same, in order to be fair to all motorists.

No, not really. But all motorists should get equal treatment regarding emergency response should they get in an accident on some particular highway. For example, if Alice and Bob are in a head on collision on highway X.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 06:44:44 AM

Not really. Both encounter the same speed limit on the same highway.

But it's not uniform from highway to highway! What if on one highway, the speed limit is 65, but on the other, it's 55? A motorist traveling from one highway to another could get charged with speeding for doing something that was not before he took the exit. And a motorist traveling from Highway to city streets suffers even more stiff penalties for doing something that was perfectly legal only moments before. It's madness, I tell you.

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 01:26:10 PM

Reasonable and prudent sounds good... Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
tbdunamis

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 02:58:06 AM

...that quality of life where one may follow the dictates of conscience without molestation.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 03:59:39 AM

Being able to do whatever you want so long as it doesn't hurt others in the process.

I guess I take a simpler view on it Tongue
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 04:13:52 AM

Being able to do whatever you want so long as it doesn't hurt others in the process.

I guess I take a simpler view on it Tongue

Lots of people get killed accidentally by others who hold beliefs such as yours. It sucks.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 04:15:30 AM

They will not find me such easy prey Tongue
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 04:16:39 AM

They will not find me such easy prey Tongue

I'm not sure you understand what I'm saying.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 04:20:32 AM

poo I misread, sorry about that, I just woke up LOL Cheesy

Now I read it better there's no way I'd let that happen because I actually follow my beliefs Sad a lot of the people who claim to hold our beliefs and stuff don't actually follow them and just use it to blend in with society, like mainstream politicians. People end up being killed in accidents anyway no matter what you do though sadly, it's just a fact of life, there's little you can do to prevent it, so we may as well enjoy life until it happens, most of the time laws get brought about is because it's one or two people or a one in a million disaster when there are other perfectly careful people who do just fine normally.
FirstAscent

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 04:28:11 AM

I'm sorry, but all the dumbasses out there think they can do this and that and it won't hurt anybody else, because, by gosh, they know what they're doing. But then how come these accidents happen where innocent people get killed? Such as speeding, or fucking around with a gun, or failing to follow building codes, etc.

It's bad enough as it is, because the above references are with laws. Imagine them without laws and total freedom for the dumbasses to do as they want, because they think they know what they're doing (which they don't).
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 04:39:45 AM

You want to tell me what good a speeding ticket does the person who is harmed as a result of a driver speeding? (Assuming anyone is actually harmed... and if not, who gives a fuck?)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: