Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:04:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dwolla hacked..  (Read 2207 times)
saadtariq30 (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:47:18 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2011, 03:18:10 PM by saadtariq30

ok i dunno what happened..but something happened..
$ were withdrawn from my bank account thats linked to dwolla..and then transfered out from there...

now the statement at dwolla doesnt show any such transcation..BUT in my email ive got notifications that a bank was linked and then cash was withdrawn after which the bank was unlinked..

EDIT: OK seems like a fuck up on the banks end...they say they'l refund the money by tomorrow..still dont understand the random emails i got from dwolla..PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND MONITOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS FROM DWOLLA...

mods please lock this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:49:35 PM

Could you be more specific?

Are you sure your machine wasn't compromised by something logging your passwords?

Have you emailed Dwolla for support and have they replied?

All these answers would be helpful in determining what you're talking about is an actual 'hack' or just an unfortunate isolated incident.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:59:11 PM

The account belongs to a friend..dwolla and the bank account..i just use it to sell btcs since im not in the us but my friend is..

her real bank account shows a $1200 transfer

also the dwolla password was changed..i had to reset it..

BUT there was no password change notification email so i guess my email was compromised as well..

what should be our best course of action..right now shes on her way to the bank to freeze/inquire about it

Yeah, sorry to hear that. Appears you were compromised in some way, which isn't too hard considering all the trojans out there. Best of luck stopping the whole mess.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:04:20 PM

Atleast someone can use your dwolla account  Undecided I can't send or receive funds and i have $250 hanging in limbo between mtgox and dwolla.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

help guys?

could it be that Dwolla thinks that you 'hacked' your friends account, i'm pretty sure they can track IPs and since the account is in US and you seem from another country they maybe have limited access to you or suspended your friends account for violation of their ToS?
saadtariq30 (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:14:36 PM

help guys?

could it be that Dwolla thinks that you 'hacked' your friends account, i'm pretty sure they can track IPs and since the account is in US and you seem from another country they maybe have limited access to you or suspended your friends account for violation of their ToS?

Please read my previous posts...

they didn't suspend the account, all i had to do was change the password and i had full access once again.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 12:54:21 AM

So someone guessed your password. Why do you have the title "dwolla hacked"?

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:52:09 AM

So someone guessed your password. Why do you have the title "dwolla hacked"?

Technology has become so mystifying to people that soon we'll be seeing threads - "Wizards used magic to extract funds from my account"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: