Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:05:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Business - Coins for Gift Cards. Updated Pricing!!! 12/16  (Read 1454 times)
Giftsforcoins (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 05:55:15 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2012, 02:40:12 AM by Giftsforcoins

Hey All!

I'm new around here and I wanted to announce my new business with a buddy of mine. We're not new to bitcoins but we are new to the merchant side of things. We set up a site to accept only bitcoins for numerous giftcards that can be sent to the purchaser or as a gift to a friend or family member for the holidays. It's not listed on the site yet, as it's constantly being updated, but the price you see is the price you pay! That includes taxes and shipping! I'm looking for some feedback regarding the site and anything that should be added/changed/removed or whatnot.

I'm constantly on the forums so any PMs or posts I should see within a couple hours unless I'm asleep  Wink. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on what we have set up so far.

The site is www.giftsforcoins.com/store and everything should work perfectly as we've tested a couple products ourselves. It's only two of us right now but we should be able to send any product sold within 24 of purchase. That means either same or next business day, whatever you buy will be in the mail! (EDIT: I'm currently looking for gift cards that are ecodes so shipping doesn't have to play a part at all although not all cards are that easy.

But I'm mostly here for feedback so send everything you've got my way! Thanks for looking and I appreciate everything. I'm really passionate about btc and I hope it continues to thrive!

EDIT: I just updated prices again... and by updated I mean lowered!!! Also just added Jamba Juice gift cards!

Check out my btc only store!!! GiftsForCoins.com/store

Order takeout or delivery Pizza's with BTC! PizzaForCoins.com

Hotels? Of Course!!! HotelsForCoins.com

Plane Tickets?! Duh! TravelForCoins.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lurk

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 06:01:19 AM

Your btc price is higher than face value...good luck
Giftsforcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 06:04:03 AM

I try to update the prices daily but because the coins have been so volatile I had to keep some cushion room for fluctuation. What would you suggest?

Giftsforcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 06:05:03 AM

Also the pricing includes shipping and taxes.

RantinRave

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 12:33:32 AM

Why don't you have Amazon ..  or cards that are in high demand?
Giftsforcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 12:47:04 AM

I am in talks with amazon now. I'll let you know what I come up with Smiley. Let me know companies that you'd buy gift cards for and I'll see if I can get them.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 11:42:29 AM

I am in talks with amazon now. I'll let you know what I come up with Smiley. Let me know companies that you'd buy gift cards for and I'll see if I can get them.

Talking with Amazon?

All you need to do is buy your own gift codes, lol.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 04:16:34 PM

Aww all the gruff mean people.

Gl with your business new guy.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 07:02:20 PM

Talking with Amazon?

Jeremy at spendbitcoins.com kept getting suspended by Amazon for buying gift codes for us. Amazon needs to uber-whitelist you if you're doing that on a regular basis.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 07:12:56 PM

I try to update the prices daily but because the coins have been so volatile I had to keep some cushion room for fluctuation. What would you suggest?

Use the price based on the MtGox, I believe that there's an API for this.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 08:19:57 PM

http://btcticker.appspot.com

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Giftsforcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 08:28:27 PM

Talking with Amazon?

The point of being in business is to make some kind of profit at the end of day. If I'm buying gift cards/codes at $25 and then selling them for $25 worth of btc I'm making no profit. Getting a high demand gift card would be ideal but I'm still in talks with some bigger, more in-demand gift card companies. The ones I currently have listed I get for a small discount so there is a small profit margin which helps me with server cost, power and living haha.

If you guys want to see some legit gift cards give me businesses you'd actually purchase gift cards for and I'll work on it. Even if Jeremy from that other site kept getting suspended, if we both do the same thing then when he's down I can sell and when I'm down he can sell. Helps the economy and both of us with sales. That's just imo and I have to keep pestering Amazon because they aren't as easy to start relations with as I originally thought.

Giftsforcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 08:31:07 PM

Aww all the gruff mean people.

Gl with your business new guy.

Thanks very much!

Giftsforcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 08:33:11 PM

I definitely use the pricing on MtGox but I give myself a 10 cent cushion at least depending on the day and how much they bounce. I'm worried about accepting them at their trading value at that moment because if they drop then I lose pocket money.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 11:10:12 PM

The site is registered with privacy protection, the About and Contact are generic with no identifying information, and I don't see any reference to #bitcoin-otc trust history or similar.

Do you have any plans to remedy this problem with anonymously run e-commerce sites?

Working with an escrow provider would be one approach.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Giftsforcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 11:29:02 PM

The site is registered with privacy protection, the About and Contact are generic with no identifying information, and I don't see any reference to #bitcoin-otc trust history or similar.

Do you have any plans to remedy this problem with anonymously run e-commerce sites?

Working with an escrow provider would be one approach.

I can definitely add some personal information to the "About Us" section. It's just my buddy and me running the site and we're new to this haha. What type of information should I put in the "About Us" section? Anything that helps us be more transparent I'd be willing to do.

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 11:45:20 PM

What really needs to happen is for someone to hook up with one of these gift card producers to get them to SELL BITCOINS through their existing networks.  Specifically they would be buying USD-denominated credit that could be immediately converted to bitcoins, just like if someone bought a MtGox USD code at retail.

Very simple: someone would activate a "Bitcoins" gift card the same way as a prepaid phone card, and then could log on and use the redemption code to lock in their exchange rate and send their new bitcoins to the address of their choice.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Giftsforcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 02:11:36 AM

What really needs to happen is for someone to hook up with one of these gift card producers to get them to SELL BITCOINS through their existing networks.  Specifically they would be buying USD-denominated credit that could be immediately converted to bitcoins, just like if someone bought a MtGox USD code at retail.

Very simple: someone would activate a "Bitcoins" gift card the same way as a prepaid phone card, and then could log on and use the redemption code to lock in their exchange rate and send their new bitcoins to the address of their choice.

I'm not sure I quite follow your thought. Could you explain this a little more?

I understood like bitcoins on a prepaid card. Is that what you're talking about?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: