Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:28:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen if there's no price rise for the halfing?  (Read 13535 times)
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 09:27:21 AM

if after halving no increase for bitcoin prices i think many people will feel disappointed because they had already hold their bitcoins before halving because predict and expect that bitcoin prices will rise up and i guess they will start to selling their bitcoin and would happen big dump
Juhagic

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 01:45:02 PM

if after halving no increase for bitcoin prices i think many people will feel disappointed because they had already hold their bitcoins before halving because predict and expect that bitcoin prices will rise up and i guess they will start to selling their bitcoin and would happen big dump

I will not be disappointed. The bitcoin price will rise in long term. The bitcoin price has already double since last year.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 03:59:53 PM

there has already been a big price rise from the start of this topic up until now and bitcoin price doesn't even show any signs of slowing down.

so even if by the time of halving there is no price rise it is not the end of the world, maybe some weak hands will be shaken out of the market because they panic sell but after their selling the price will rise.

Buying the dip...
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 04:29:45 PM

Well the more will sell, the more I can buy for a nice cheap price before Bitcoin will start moving up again.
Awesome! Smiley
When you look at the fundamentals, people who sell massively just because they feel subjectively disappointed by a halving with too less gains, those ones are completely stupid!Sorry for those hard words, but this is the truth!
Juhagic

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 12:52:13 PM

Well the more will sell, the more I can buy for a nice cheap price before Bitcoin will start moving up again.
Awesome! Smiley
When you look at the fundamentals, people who sell massively just because they feel subjectively disappointed by a halving with too less gains, those ones are completely stupid!Sorry for those hard words, but this is the truth!

I wish the price could be lower than the current $640 level so that I can buy more, it is not drop at present.
langedwig

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:05:33 PM

As of now nothing can be predicted. If still it happen, then no other go. Need to accept the fact. But damn sure that the price will raise to its core. The price is getting increased. For the last 2 days the price growth is seen stable. So hope that the price does not go down on halving.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:34:12 PM

If there's no price rise for after halving, i think miners will be disappointed.  Depending on what Bitcoin / USD exchange stabilize, miners might stop or continue.  Worst is if the price drop like what happen in 2014, for sure majority of the miner will have problem with mining maintenance, and possibly most of them will shut down.
ebookscreator

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:43:39 PM

If there's no price rise for after halving, i think miners will be disappointed.  Depending on what Bitcoin / USD exchange stabilize, miners might stop or continue.  Worst is if the price drop like what happen in 2014, for sure majority of the miner will have problem with mining maintenance, and possibly most of them will shut down.
I think the price of bitcoin is already reach into double according to price before.. if you notice the price before and now the price is doubled and i think its enough because block halving only source will be change it will half by 12.5 btc so price should be double..

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄    ▄████████
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄▀█████████
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀█   ▀███████
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄ ▄█▄▄   ▀██▀
  ████▀   ████▀█████████▀ ▀██▄▄▄▄█
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀   ▀██    ▄▀  ████
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀ ▄▄████   ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

[]
▄██▄▄
██████▄▄
█████████▄▄
█████████████▄▄
█████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
████████████████████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
█████████▀▀
██████▀▀
▀██▀▀

GET IT ON
Google Play
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:52:07 PM

Due to the pace of the recent rises I wouldn't expect the price to rise further after the halving. To the contrary, I think that what we see is actually an exaggerated version of halving pump. This may end up in the one way only, that is, elevator down.

this space is intentionally left blank
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 05:53:41 PM

Due to the pace of the recent rises I wouldn't expect the price to rise further after the halving. To the contrary, I think that what we see is actually an exaggerated version of halving pump. This may end up in the one way only, that is, elevator down.

That's why it's better to secure a certain amount of your profits at these prices right now just in case the price goes down heavily. It will leave you a very bitter taste if you could have secured profits at these prices,  but you didn't while the price has gone down heavily.
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 06:25:11 PM

That's why it's better to secure a certain amount of your profits at these prices right now just in case the price goes down heavily. It will leave you a very bitter taste if you could have secured profits at these prices,  but you didn't while the price has gone down heavily.

Exactly, I think this is the right time to sell some coins and grab the profits as we are not sure what will be the exact scenario after the halving.
helloeverybody (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 06:29:25 PM

Exactly, I think this is the right time to sell some coins and grab the profits as we are not sure what will be the exact scenario after the halving.

Sell now and maybe in a couple of years time you will be telling your friends storys about how you used to own x amount of bitcoins that nowadays would be worth 10k,100k,1kk etc.  I know that selling now to secure profits is the most sensible move but the way i see it is im all in till the end, Be that major profits or bust. I dont need the money from my bitcoins atm anyway so im holding.

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 06:40:49 PM

Whereas the price to come close to achieving $800 and seing charts the elevator is going up yet.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 09:28:10 PM

Price has already been arose and way above previous prices, almost more than 400% if we remember the days bitcoins were dumped under 200 and stayed stable near 240. Whatever you will see now can be considered a pump. This price is needed to get the things going for everyone.
Juhagic

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:56:22 PM

Price has already been arose and way above previous prices, almost more than 400% if we remember the days bitcoins were dumped under 200 and stayed stable near 240. Whatever you will see now can be considered a pump. This price is needed to get the things going for everyone.

The price is going down at the moment. It is around $650 now. If it drops below $600 during the halving, many miners will be shut down.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:24:12 PM

Whereas the price to come close to achieving $800 and seing charts the elevator is going up yet.

Now the price has been decreasing continuously. I believe the next increase would happen only when we were very close to the days of halving. Possibly halving surely gives a big profit.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 01:45:41 PM

a price rise before the halving what will happen actually there will happen nothing because the halving does not affect the price or anything only the miners have problems with it.
Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:26:03 PM

a price rise before the halving what will happen actually there will happen nothing because the halving does not affect the price or anything only the miners have problems with it.
If the price doesnt rise then the miners stop mining because of  lack of profit, Once this happens the network becomes less secure and bitcoin starts dying off. Whats to stop this from happening? 
Maybe we are getting to prices that cant be maintained with the current user base. I wasnt here at the last halfing and the price will need to be much higher so im not too sure what will happen.
Qatuca

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:26:29 AM

The halving will affect the cost of the newly minted coin, it will double the cost, so it will also affect the existing coins.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:33:14 AM

If the price doesnt rise then the miners stop mining because of  lack of profit, Once this happens the network becomes less secure and bitcoin starts dying off. Whats to stop this from happening? 
Maybe we are getting to prices that cant be maintained with the current user base. I wasnt here at the last halfing and the price will need to be much higher so im not too sure what will happen.

Agree with you since after halving, bitcoin rewards will be half. For example, miner gets 25 BTC for a block to mine before halving, now they will get only 12.5 BTC. So, if they get only half with same effort before halving,its possible that its not profitable anymore.Take note also that difficulty is also increasing. BUT, maybe there are also mining harware that is superfast... Lets see...

Open for Campaigns
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: