Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:12:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen if there's no price rise for the halfing?  (Read 13535 times)
Juhagic

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:00:11 PM

If the price doesnt rise then the miners stop mining because of  lack of profit, Once this happens the network becomes less secure and bitcoin starts dying off. Whats to stop this from happening? 
Maybe we are getting to prices that cant be maintained with the current user base. I wasnt here at the last halfing and the price will need to be much higher so im not too sure what will happen.

Agree with you since after halving, bitcoin rewards will be half. For example, miner gets 25 BTC for a block to mine before halving, now they will get only 12.5 BTC. So, if they get only half with same effort before halving,its possible that its not profitable anymore.Take note also that difficulty is also increasing. BUT, maybe there are also mining harware that is superfast... Lets see...
I agree with you. Even if its halved, I still think it will be profitable for miners because I think the price will be more than the price before halving happen. If for example the new base price would be 800$ then it will still be profitable but if not then it isn't.

For the people who are not miners, it is better to just buy the bitcoin then to be the miners. They can earn more.
DavidoAlto

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:11:44 PM

If the price doesnt rise then the miners stop mining because of  lack of profit, Once this happens the network becomes less secure and bitcoin starts dying off. Whats to stop this from happening?  Maybe we are getting to prices that cant be maintained with the current user base. I wasnt here at the last halfing and the price will need to be much higher so im not too sure what will happen.

Miners have more coins then everyone else so they are the one who define the price (they won't sell if it's not profitable for them)  , beside ... logically Bitcoin price is based on Supply and demand , so It's impossible for the supply to get halved and the demand stays the same or rise and nothing at all happens to the price ...
I dont think there would happen allot because the prise is continues rising and you all dont know whatthe halfing means it does not affect the price of the bitcoin directly i think they only will affect the miners of the coins.
DavidoAlto

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:33:53 PM

What will happen if there is no price rise for the halving i can tell you what will happen. The price of the bitcoin wont change anything cause the halving because it does not even affect the price only the bitcoin miners will feel something.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:40:27 PM

At the moment the price is rising but if they was no price rising before the halving the price would still be somewhere around $500.
And then after the halving to price would go even lower, maybe somewhere around $300.
fravia

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:12:56 PM

If the price doesnt rise then the miners stop mining because of  lack of profit, Once this happens the network becomes less secure and bitcoin starts dying off. Whats to stop this from happening?  Maybe we are getting to prices that cant be maintained with the current user base. I wasnt here at the last halfing and the price will need to be much higher so im not too sure what will happen.

I think that answer is pretty simple, bitcoin would die, as all bitcoins miners wouldn't get any profit so they would leave their jobs

And with no miners bitcoin would die pretty soon, unless there will be new miners that have very cheap electricity and they still will get profit

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Juhagic

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:01:49 PM

At the moment the price is rising but if they was no price rising before the halving the price would still be somewhere around $500.
And then after the halving to price would go even lower, maybe somewhere around $300.

That is right. The price has already risen from $400 to $650 now. That is more than 50% rise in the last 6 months.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 06:35:26 AM

That is right. The price has already risen from $400 to $650 now. That is more than 50% rise in the last 6 months.
It is unreasonable to expect a sharp price increase around the Halving as the event is anticipated.
the price of Bitcoin will surge or maintain its stability after the halving of miner's reward.
cambda

Activity: 759

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:04:56 AM

I think that answer is pretty simple, bitcoin would die, as all bitcoins miners wouldn't get any profit so they would leave their jobs

And with no miners bitcoin would die pretty soon, unless there will be new miners that have very cheap electricity and they still will get profit

Bitcoin will not die completely but price will definitely go low, and that will disappoint majority of users and they will prefer to sell their coins at what so ever price it is at that time.
bitcoin-hunter

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:22:39 AM

There will happen nothing because the price of the bitcoin has nothing to do with the halving the halving is only for the people
who are mining becasue they need to search for the blocks and they are halving so they cant barrely mine further.
Juhagic

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:12:38 PM

There will happen nothing because the price of the bitcoin has nothing to do with the halving the halving is only for the people
who are mining becasue they need to search for the blocks and they are halving so they cant barrely mine further.

If the supply of the new bitcoin is reduced, and if the demand is the same, all the bitcoin price will rise in the meantime.
trickshot22

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:09:44 PM

thats a really great thing in my opinion and i think that in the future the price is going to go up even further more up thus making us really big time really fast, lets hope im correct

well if there will be no price rise then there will be a lot of people pissed off that they invested their money expecting the price to grow and they have to sell their bitcoins for the same price or even lower
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:19:47 PM

nothing will happen even if there is no price rise after the halving.
some weak hands will be shaken out because they start to panic and price will fall a little and then because of this fall a lot of the whales will start buying bitcoin and then price will rise even more that it could rise if there were not fall.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Juhagic

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:15:15 PM

some weak hands will be shaken out because they start to panic and price will fall a little and then because of this fall a lot of the whales will start buying bitcoin and then price will rise even more that it could rise if there were not fall.

Form the price action in the last few months, and we all know there will be a halving in July. It is already priced in.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:56:00 PM

Yeah if price doesn't rise after halving then majority of users will get frustrated and will sell their coins, and long term holders will hold it for future as they are aware that they can earn higher profits in future.
ebookscreator

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:05:37 PM

Yeah if price doesn't rise after halving then majority of users will get frustrated and will sell their coins, and long term holders will hold it for future as they are aware that they can earn higher profits in future.
Their will be still holding their coins because we will not see the price rise fast after block halving and i think it takes more weeks or months before you can see the price increase movements.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄    ▄████████
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄▀█████████
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀█   ▀███████
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄ ▄█▄▄   ▀██▀
  ████▀   ████▀█████████▀ ▀██▄▄▄▄█
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀   ▀██    ▄▀  ████
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀ ▄▄████   ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

[]
▄██▄▄
██████▄▄
█████████▄▄
█████████████▄▄
█████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
████████████████████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
█████████▀▀
██████▀▀
▀██▀▀

GET IT ON
Google Play
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:08:55 PM

If the price doesnt rise then the miners stop mining because of  lack of profit, Once this happens the network becomes less secure and bitcoin starts dying off. Whats to stop this from happening?  Maybe we are getting to prices that cant be maintained with the current user base. I wasnt here at the last halfing and the price will need to be much higher so im not too sure what will happen.

Total network hashing rate has kept a trend up until now reaching about 1.53M Thash/s  but daily growth rate has kept down, even if the price keep the same and the reward decreases the energy efficiency will be increased to compensate for any waste of hashrate. In simple terms: less and more powerful miners.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:40:51 AM

If the price doesnt rise then the miners stop mining because of  lack of profit, Once this happens the network becomes less secure and bitcoin starts dying off. Whats to stop this from happening?  Maybe we are getting to prices that cant be maintained with the current user base. I wasnt here at the last halfing and the price will need to be much higher so im not too sure what will happen.

Total network hashing rate has kept a trend up until now reaching about 1.53M Thash/s  but daily growth rate has kept down, even if the price keep the same and the reward decreases the energy efficiency will be increased to compensate for any waste of hashrate. In simple terms: less and more powerful miners.
The most important thing is that even if the hashrate declines, it will not compromise the security of the Bitcoin network. As to the Bitcoin price, it surged close to 20 percent. This is an indication that the halving event is regarded as a good thing for the Bitcoin industry and it is positively impacting the market even before it takes place.
Juhagic

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:30:30 PM

The most important thing is that even if the hashrate declines, it will not compromise the security of the Bitcoin network. As to the Bitcoin price, it surged close to 20 percent. This is an indication that the halving event is regarded as a good thing for the Bitcoin industry and it is positively impacting the market even before it takes place.

The hash rate will only drop about 10 to 20%. Then the hash rate will increase again due to more efficient miners.
technol0gies

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:06:45 PM

then a lot of people like me would be really sad
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 08:38:32 PM

then a lot of people like me would be really sad
Not for the ones that have not bought into it in the first place.
Alot of people are holding on to the coins that they currently have. But most are selling at a premium to try and cash in on it's speculative factor of this very same perfect storm.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █