Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Economic Growth - What do you want?  (Read 3035 times)
MKEGuy (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 12:01:24 AM

I've already spent a lot of time asking a lot of other people if they have heard of and what they think of Bitcoin.  I was also sure to make sure I was taking input from a wide range of people so i didn't just focus on the "computer nerds", the everyday "clueless", etc.

You currently do not have a name, a face, or any value. The weasely pretense of "things you've done" would go over a lot better if either a) you were somebody as opposed to nobody or else b) it were documented. If I say "I've talked to a lot of idiots just like you," I can readily back it up with links to me talking to lots of idiots just like you saying and doing the same idiotic things you're saying and doing. The difference is I don't need to, because unlike you, a).

So let's get back on track here. Get in the WOT, lurk moar, come back 1 yr.

Really?  There is no need for me to even respond if you have to drop to that instead of continuing (or just staying out of) the conversation.

Did I say I was starting this tomorrow?  No.

Honestly, I hoping to start enough conversation that more people besides myself come up with their own ideas and move forward.

Kindly keep to the topic, or stay out of the thread please.  I enjoyed your post about "So you want to start a business.."  Everything from you in this topic has been wind.  Thank you for sharing though.

If you have >100 posts play the Circle of Trust Game  If I have helped you in any way, or you are just feeling generous... please feel free to donate! Smiley LNarfMNLyymkS9WYQFLcmr46AeMYNP8Qj2
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cottoneyeJoe

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 12:16:55 AM

I want to see bitcoin displace PayPal for :

donations to non-profits
donations to open source projects

It's well past time. BitPay or Gox POS should step up and provide a low friction way for these orgs to embrace btc.
greyscale

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 01:14:02 AM

I would like to see bitcoin replace or be heavily integrated with in-game currencies, so that a person who generates wealth in one game can transfer that to the next game they play, or withdraw it to the real world. Virwox is a step in the right direction, but only for one in game currency when there are in fact dozens of popular game currencies. Gamers are already used to using virtual currencies, so transitioning to bitcoin is not a big step for them.
RhoDelta

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 01:44:35 AM

Would be nice if some Gas stations were taking bitcoin. Of course that bitinstant debit card is supposed to come out soon and could help with that.
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 01:51:41 AM

I would like to see bitcoin more easily and safely to use just like email on every mobile devices.

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Serith

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 02:43:29 AM

A marketplace for items of extreme low value. That kind of business model is uncharted territory because it wasn't viable before Bitcoin, so it would be nice if we can figure out what kind of penny value items, digital goods or services people would want to buy.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 02:58:29 AM

Everything that can be delivered through network, like game/domain/antivirus subscription, software download, music, etc...

With a well established local currency exchange, anything can be included, but that is not a good direction IMO, BTC should be mostly seperated from the real economy to grow enough strong to let the real economy chase BTC

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 04:13:27 AM

The only thing I want is 1 satoshi to be worth $1 then I can be happy.

There is exactly one way that happens and it isn't how you are thinking.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 06:15:48 AM

Primarily i'd like to see more webshops accepting bitcoin and just regular people for general trading. If both of these get feet on the ground, more and more 'normal'  business will start accepting them i think.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 12:28:20 PM

Powerful escrow service could also help a lot, actually I would like to invest in them

Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 04:27:27 PM

I'm planning on renting a house near Cairns, Australia from June until December of next year.

I'd love to be able to pay the deposit and rent in bitcoin.

I think paying for international vacation rentals could be a "killer application" for Bitcoin.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 04:29:35 PM

I prettymuch swapped mining to producing and selling of goods, see signature.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 11:37:24 PM

i have premium coffee beans for sale, freshly roasted, fast shipping.  check the thread in my signature.

MKEGuy (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 02:42:51 AM

I have to say some of these things come as a bit of a surprise, but some.of it was expected.  Hoping.to hear.some.more and keep the.discussion going for everyone's benefit.  I hope.others take.something away from the discussion and find their own way to contribute.to Bitcoin.

If you have >100 posts play the Circle of Trust Game  If I have helped you in any way, or you are just feeling generous... please feel free to donate! Smiley LNarfMNLyymkS9WYQFLcmr46AeMYNP8Qj2
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: