Bitcoin Forum
June 11, 2024, 02:31:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving from slush to where with 29 Th/s ? NOW: competition pool vs. pool.  (Read 4775 times)
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 10:28:13 AM

Something fishy happens on slush, I belive they may show more hash rate than there actually is ...

SatoshiLabs = SlushPool

SatoshiLabs = Trezor

think about that?

--

--
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:09:15 PM

who is satoshi labs and trezor ?
trendax

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 12:34:34 PM

@vortexz

TREZOR is a physical hardware Bitcoin wallet managed and sold by the team at SatoshiLabs who are Bitcoin enthusiasts from Prague.

I've not used a TREZOR before but had experiences with the competing product from Ledger Wallet. I found this product very useful to store cold coins.

@gnu123

Thanks for posting the results for your efforts on Slush and Kano. If your still looking to try something new please test with our cloud mining pool:

Cloudminer.com :: https://cloudminer.com

When your not clustering with other miners under a rental order your workers collectively mine with the P2Pool network but your accepted shares are saved in to our private share log until automatically paid out by the payout method Capped PPS with Recent Backpay (CPPSRB)

We utilize secured multisig wallets from Bitgo.com and we support Bitcoin Core and focus on growing transaction fee full and not SPV based blocks.

You can learn more from reading our FAQ

Enjoy.

d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:12:34 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.. even if you started slush early with whats goin on there i think im gonna have a good idea how the results are going to turn out.. keep it up.. Thanks for taking the time to show the community. may want to limit your losses tho and keep it to a month on slush  Wink

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
gnu123 (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

cryptodonkey on the pool.

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:18:57 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2016, 06:33:45 PM by gnu123

Day 7 of hashing.

The total payouts this far:

slush : 0.08190548 BTC

kano : 0.09427786 BTC

Both miners running since 2015-12-28 about lunchtime..

Still to early to say anything about the endresult but i thought slush would be stronger and deliver more the first week.
Kano have 94% luck the last week and is pointing down with the block right now at 140% and counting, slush gives a luck of
 day : 72%  week : 77%  month : 79%.

For a pooljumper being sure of the honesty of slush, this would be a very good time to start mining on slush !
The luck have been so bad over the last months that statisticly it will start to produce lots of fast blocks soon, it is impossible doing hundreds of blocks with a luck of around 80%, it can not continue if nothing else is wrong and in that case the luck will skyrocket soon. It must.

EDIT : Looks like slush will take the lead for now, looked at the rewards page and it have som rewards up it sleeve for sure.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1829

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:58:50 PM

Someone just found a block Cheesy

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
gnu123 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:42:44 AM

Will i get a free lunch now ?  Cheesy

My % = 0,06
gnu123 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:48:01 PM

Day 8 of hashing.

The total payouts this far:

slush : 0.12230832 BTC

kano : 0.1100553 BTC

As expected slush will take the lead for some days to come.

Unfortunately owner of the serverroom decided today not to mine on slush any more, so both testminers was today moved to another acccount on kano.

Best would have been to run the test for 2-3 weeks....

I will continue to publish payout amount for some days, if the statistics about luck on kano and slush is accurate then kano will take the lead after some days, kano had better luck and almost 20% better luck for 1 week would be clearly noticeable.

Besides that i think it´s possible that slush will be more lucky now when the hashrate have gone down from 40 PH/s to almost 33 PH/s.
Sometimes i get the feeling that the higher hasrate, the worser luck for slush....
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:14:39 PM

Post the totals as you get the ramp-down payments...
gnu123 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Day 9 of now shutted down hashing but still with payout.

The total payouts this far :

slush : 0.14350147 BTC

kano : 0.13847332 BTC

Slush is the leader but from slush it is not coming any more rewards.

Se picture, out of rewards here.

Kano will continue to hand out some more rewards due to its payoutsystem PPLNS which when you first start to mine store about two blocks worth of rewards for before it start to do full payouts.

The luck on kano is about 100% last days and week, no more no less.
It´s safe to mine on kano right now, safe without surprises.

Block Statistics on kano :
Description   Time   MeanTx%   Diff%   Mean%   CDF[Erl]   Luck%
Last 5 Blocks   3.0days   101.1%   98.68%   98.68%   0.5479   101.33%
Last 10 Blocks   7.1days   101.0%   102.40%   102.30%   0.5704   97.76%
Last 25 Blocks   18.0days   101.0%   93.73%   93.37%   0.3929   107.10%
Last 50 Blocks   6.3wks   100.9%   94.80%   94.78%   0.3712   105.51%
Last 100 Blocks   18.0wks   100.9%   98.84%   99.29%   0.4848   100.72%
All - Last 416 Blocks   67.7wks   100.6%   98.24%   97.89%   0.3384   102.15%

As i guessed in previous post, slush luck has started to rise......

Today : 156%      week : 98%         month : 83%

Hashing power is now 35 Ph/s. Maybe the luck will go down if the hasing goes up again ?

gnu123 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:17:43 PM

Day 10 of now shutted down hashing but still with payout.

kano : 0.16364113 BTC

About 8 days of hashing gave a total payout from slush on 0.143 BTC , and from kano 0.163 and still counting.
There is still one or maybe two rather small payouts from kano to expect.

Right now kano has delivered a 14% higher payot than slush ! And thats at only 8 days of hashing !
This tells us that the statistics on kano saying it delivers about 100% in the long run is true and that the statistics on slush saying that it delivers about 80% in the long run is true.

Luck on slush right now :

Day : 57%        week : 98%        month : 83% , those numbers seem to actually be true. Its not an error in the statistics from the pool, its just the most unlucky pool in the world.

If you are following this thread, I think you are just as curious as I to know more about the most unlucky pool in the world.
Even if it skyrockets now, it doesn't matter, doing a 80% for several months is just not right.
It´s wayyyyy to much money in this shit knowing who to trust.

Princeton University has a small and free online course about bitcoins, very informative and also up to date.

https://www.coursera.org/course/bitcointech

I can recommend you to read page 25-30 about 5.5 Mining incentives and strategies in the .pdf "Chapter five : Bitcoing Mining" , just click and read the .pdf, no banners, no registration, no shit - just the plain .pdf.

My recommendation right now is to NOT mine on any pool that behaves strangely for a longer period of time, lets say a month or two, when people start to ask on a forum and also start to loose hashrate it´s time to step up and explain what's going on, or, its just a part of the strategy maxing out the profits ?

Depending on the next block from kano it may be a difference as big as 20%  after 8 days of mining.

gnu123 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 03:19:04 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 04:18:19 PM by gnu123

Day 11 of now shutted down hashing but still with payout.

kano : 0.16364113 BTC

No payouts from kano today, the last block from kano was at diff 259,418,864,36   249.729%  and took so long time that the last reward from kano will be wery small.
So the difference in payout between slush and kano for this test-period of 8 days of hashing is 15% higher from kano.

Not bad but the difference had been even higher if this last block from kano not had been so extremely time-consuming to crack, the absolute best thing would have been to run the test for some more weeks but the difference is still so obvious that i will stop mining at slush.

Today the pool luck at kano is about 100% from today and backwards some months, no surprises here, just as it should be.

Slush has, as i guessed, started to increase heavily in luck :

Today : 168%         Week : 111%          Month : 86%

Why is that happening right now ? chance ? Ofcourse not, that would be to naive to think.

Maybe, just maybe, the poolowner dont like the trend of sinking hashrate as people leave the pool, down to 33Ph/s righ now, and now doing something for the luck to change.

I realy dont know, but climbing luck just as the hashrate start to sink, after 3 month of a luck at around 80% is a strange coincidence.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1829

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:38:35 PM

Yep, your Workers->Shift Graph shows the past mining is now all outside the last 5Nd reward range, so no more rewards.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
gnu123 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:32:45 PM

Ok kano !
I think some really small amount from block 392129 will come in tomorrow, then i will summarise.

And right now, slush is skyrocketing !

Day:181
Week:116
Month:88

Heard someone say "Right now it´s more hashingpower working the blockchain than we can see, that´s why the luck is high and can stay high for a while"

I have not enough knowledge to say if that´s bullshit or if its true or partly true, but i know that if slush hits a higher value than 100% for monthly luck, the pool can not continue to outperform for a long time, for a while maybe to get back the fleeing miner, but not for a long time if the pool pays out real BTC to real miners.

Maybe it´s just some strange software error.... I know there are people who got good theories.

If slush goes up to a 100% in luck, and stays there, that would be good for many miners. But where did the lost 20% from 3 months hasing go ? Up in space ? 
gnu123 (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:07:54 AM

Day 12 of now shutted down hashing with the last payout.

kano : 0.16448362 BTC

With this last payout we see that kano did a total payout that is 14,6 % higher than the total from slush.

Getting that every week when running a miningoperation is a shitload of cash...

It´s sad because slush have good uptime, very good GUI, nice design and good statistic functions.
But i don´t want or dare mining at a pool with a 80% luck for three months,  and it feels even more strange if the luck miraculously will skyrocket right now. What´s the odds for a streak like that ? And if it´s a long lasting rise in luck that stays, where does that "extra" hashrate come from ?

Any one care ? ......hmmm.. where did I put my tinfoil hat now.... so I don´t get radiated from the miners if they mine blocks that contains prime numbers.... oh I had it just on, good.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 02:32:25 AM

Whats going on ? Is it even possible that many blocks the last days take 12h or more to finnish ?

Can it be some kind of attack on the stratum protocol ? The pool is doing something it should not ?

You got it right with the last question.

Slush is cursed.  That pool slit its own throat, while jumping the shark, when it attempted to aid and abet the XT/101 attack on Bitcoin.

Satoshi's lightning shall from upon high strike down the faithless.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:38:46 PM

ill leave this here for those that want to know how slush is performing past 1 month.. Like i said its no wonder he hides these stats

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:11:17 PM

what i find most alarming about those stats.. If i put my farm across all those pools best i could do is 95 % for over a year..  So much for trying to reduce variance Roll Eyes. not to mention the fact that most those pools take a fee.. Problem i see if those pools dont get with the program and start finding some blocks they will never catch up once the block reward halves.. Not looking good.. Also looks like the private farms have a one up edge over the public facing pools.. Not so sure i like that and then to top it off you have pool operators that dont have a clue which leads to more losses.. Satoshi got it right when he went with each cpu.. like ive said before asics ruined the original plan for bitcoin.  Now its just a game for those with millions of dollars Undecided

Best Regards
d57heinz

wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:50:13 PM

If mmpool had more hash it's payout method DGM/PPS/Merge mine would be great, and I think people would really see good results in the long term. 

The problem is it's hashrate is consistantly under 100 TH which makes it veryu hard to knock down blocks consistantly.

d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:16:46 PM

If mmpool had more hash it's payout method DGM/PPS/Merge mine would be great, and I think people would really see good results in the long term. 

The problem is it's hashrate is consistantly under 100 TH which makes it veryu hard to knock down blocks consistantly.

Yes i agree. i think you need to have enough hash to be able to find at least one block per difficulty adjustment(worse case) or its a losing game no matter how you look at it.. If i start a pool now and price stays steady. If i cant find a block but once every few months or so.. you get hammered by difficulty/halving esp now with the crazy rise in hash luckily this time the price rose about the same percentage.i guess we just get to watch it run away from us.. centralization seems inevitable .. and looks like china is the winner to me.. cheap parts cheap labor cheap electricity..  Undecided

Best Regards
d57heinz

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: