Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:59:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Renewable Bitcoin Farm  (Read 1099 times)
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 10:05:21 PM

Project sounds very attractive indeed, and I love renovable energies. But you'll ha to provide some proof about all this or offer very small shares for people to test it risk free.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 10:07:34 PM

I don't know much about solar power in Scotland, but it seems like one of the worst locations due to latitude and weather. How much power do you expect to generate and how much will it cost to build that capacity?

I've been to Scotland. They're not so good with the sun but they sure have no shortage of wind.

How many other renewable mining places are there and what do they use? I guess geothermal must be totally reliable. I wouldn't want to trust wind or sun unless I had a pile of batteries too but I'm sure the guy knows his stuff.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 10:24:34 PM

I don't know much about solar power in Scotland, but it seems like one of the worst locations due to latitude and weather. How much power do you expect to generate and how much will it cost to build that capacity?

I've been to Scotland. They're not so good with the sun but they sure have no shortage of wind.

How many other renewable mining places are there and what do they use? I guess geothermal must be totally reliable. I wouldn't want to trust wind or sun unless I had a pile of batteries too but I'm sure the guy knows his stuff.

nah, no batteries these days..

say you produce 48,000kw in 6 hours sunshine but need 48,000 to run rigs all day
knowing you only use 12,000kw while the sun is shining. you pump the other 36,000 into the grid to be used by others. and then you take out what you need from the grid as and when needed.
it works great if you are producing over your usage needs because then the electric companies pay you for that excess.

the real funny thing is.. if the OP does have 100m by 100m of land and resources to fill it with ~4300 solar panels, (over 1megawatt)
for them 7 hours of scottish sunlight.. he can make £1,400 PER DAY(£42,000 a month) if he managed a deal to get £0.20p a kwh

without having to mine or buying rigs. .. just by selling electric to the grid without having to get fibre optic internet installed without huge ventilation and extraction fans for the rigs he wont need..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:17:44 AM

I may say that it is a good move you have thought and taken. I always believe that when you combine greater minds like you just did, there is always a larger driving force. In deed it is very hard to mine the coins and due to the computation high power that is needed, it is always expensive mining it alone. However, with your idea, you will be able to come up with two different products at the end, that is coins and also power that can be used to run several machines.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:22:46 AM

Get your project in a crowdfunding platform too, that'll help distributing the cost and risks.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:42:56 AM

nah, no batteries these days..

say you produce 48,000kw in 6 hours sunshine but need 48,000 to run rigs all day
knowing you only use 12,000kw while the sun is shining. you pump the other 36,000 into the grid to be used by others. and then you take out what you need from the grid as and when needed.
it works great if you are producing over your usage needs because then the electric companies pay you for that excess.

the real funny thing is.. if the OP does have 100m by 100m of land and resources to fill it with ~4300 solar panels, (over 1megawatt)
for them 7 hours of scottish sunlight.. he can make £1,400 PER DAY(£42,000 a month) if he managed a deal to get £0.20p a kwh

without having to mine or buying rigs. .. just by selling electric to the grid without having to get fibre optic internet installed without huge ventilation and extraction fans for the rigs he wont need..

How likely is it to get such a deal for solar energy? I don't know how it is in the UK, but stuff is going to chance in this regard very soon. Let alone them seeing you as a regular consumer anymore with a 1 MW solar farm.

With the boom of solar energy, we are having more and more moments where we have excess energy, where it even costs money to get rid of the energy (e.g. other countries buy your energery surpluss at a negative rate). Now consumers are protected by offering a set rate that is equal to the cost of power (in the Netherlands), but in 2020 this is for review. It is very likely that you won't get 23 cents anymore, but rather 5 or 6 cents for your enegery surpluss. Once this happens, your profit drops drastically.
BirtRenaldsFan

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:13:48 AM

Bitcoin farming is so complicated to get into.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: