Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:14:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Enhanced Firmware Mod] Dragon Bitcoin Miner ALL (1T,1.5T,2T) versions  (Read 14708 times)
mxnsch (OP)

Activity: 474
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:06:14 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 04:45:24 PM by mxnsch

Links are not working, is it uploading?

I have a question: my T1 doesn't have a LCD display. Is that possible? I'm not sure that it's a Dragon Miner T1, that's what the seller said, but I'm sure it doesn't feature an LCD display (but it has a "hole" on the case, maybe it can be plugged in?)

Sorry, a copy and paste error, use this meanwhile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s61kkl1b843ersj/dragon_miner_mxnschmod_firmwarev1.1_20160104_ip254.tgz?dl=0

Not all Dragon Miners have LEDs, but all boards can be equipped with an LCD by attaching a compatible one on the controller board. The Pins are there.

Hope that helps!

██  ███  nope ██  ███
aladinsain

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:10:29 PM

Links are not working, is it uploading?

I have a question: my T1 doesn't have a LCD display. Is that possible? I'm not sure that it's a Dragon Miner T1, that's what the seller said, but I'm sure it doesn't feature an LCD display (but it has a "hole" on the case, maybe it can be plugged in?)

Sorry, a copy and paste error, use this meanwhile: https//www.dropbox.com/s/s61kkl1b843ersj/dragon_miner_mxnschmod_firmwarev1.1_20160104_ip254.tgz?dl=0

Not all Dragon Miners have LEDs, but all boards can be equipped with an LCD by attaching a compatible one on the controller board. The Pins are there.

Hope that helps!

can not get to link https//www.dropbox.com/s/s61kkl1b843ersj/dragon_miner_mxnschmod_firmwarev1.1_20160104_ip254.tgz?dl=0

also will this firmware help with p2poool thanks chris
mxnsch (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:26:11 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 04:46:06 PM by mxnsch

Use the download link in the first Post now (Mirror 1 & 2 are up now, links checked working).

What is your question regarding p2pool?

██  ███  nope ██  ███
aladinsain

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:48:40 PM

Use the download link in the first Post now (Mirror 1).

Hi iam using 2th dragon/a1 on p2pool and i lose hash rate  also on my 2 S7 miners
cheers chris 
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2603

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:50:40 PM

Does this work with all A1-based miners?
I have one of the few 1.2TH units that AMT finally delivered to some of its customers. Looks like it is really from LKtec. Been running solid for over 1.5 years but your upgrade looks far better than what it has.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mxnsch (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:27:00 PM

I have one of the few 1.2TH units that AMT finally delivered to some of its customers. Looks like it is really from LKtec. Been running solid for over 1.5 years but your upgrade looks far better than what it has.
I guess yes, but do not know for sure as i dont own one. Do you have a download link for your installed firmware? I will know after inspecting it. Feel free to PM me.

██  ███  nope ██  ███
mxnsch (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:28:50 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 05:42:53 PM by mxnsch

Use the download link in the first Post now (Mirror 1).

Hi iam using 2th dragon/a1 on p2pool and i lose hash rate  also on my 2 S7 miners
cheers chris  
What do you mean by "loosing hashrate"?

To answer my own question: It seems that some devices (like eg Antminer S2) have a loss of 10-20% of their hashrate, only when mining on p2pool. Unfortunately,  there is no (known) workaround or fix for this and can not be resolved without changing the ASIC driver and/or hardware.

I dont know if the Dragons are affected, but they are definitely not listed as compatible devices on the p2pool page in the Bitcoin Wiki.

Hope that helps nevertheless.

██  ███  nope ██  ███
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:12:18 PM

I guess yes, but do not know for sure as i dont own one. Do you have a download link for your installed firmware? I will know after inspecting it. Feel free to PM me.
Not sure if I have an image of the firmware. Once this unicorn of a miner (rare) arrived after >6mo of delays I just walked away from the AMT/Bitmine.ch fiasco. I was one of the lucky ones that actually got something from the AMT/Bitmine.ch scammers   Shocked

I suppose I can always pull the card an make an image of it.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mxnsch (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:16:23 PM

Not sure if I have an image of the firmware. Once this unicorn of a miner (rare) arrived after >6mo of delays I just walked away from the AMT/Bitmine.ch fiasco. I was one of the lucky ones that actually got something from the AMT/Bitmine.ch scammers   Shocked

Wow, you must be one of those "happy customers" on the pictures 😂 j/k

If you provide an image, i promise to have a look asap.

██  ███  nope ██  ███
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:24:05 PM

Not sure if I have an image of the firmware. Once this unicorn of a miner (rare) arrived after >6mo of delays I just walked away from the AMT/Bitmine.ch fiasco. I was one of the lucky ones that actually got something from the AMT/Bitmine.ch scammers   Shocked

Would a zip of the card work? I use HDclone at work and not sure if its 'smart' .img files which do not copy the free-space bits are usable by other programs.

'Happy"? Not by a long shot. A lucky one, yes and never ever to be seen in any AMT promo.
Ordered AMT's 510GH/s unit in Feb of 2014 for $4k, advertised as "ships within 4 weeks" unlike the 1.2TH/s rigs that were advertised and sold as pre-order only with to-be-determined delivery. I was sent a 1.2 TH/s rig only because they were all the scammer Joshoua Zipkin could get during his stay in China. That said, eventually actually getting 2x the hash I paid for vs folks that paid the full $8k for their TH/s rigs - several folks had waited since late 2013 - I was DAMN lucky.

The events are best covered in the Skype chats linked in my sig.

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:24:52 PM

try to set queue to 0 or 1 when mining on p2p

i think it might be able to help a little with this new fw
mxnsch (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:49:23 PM

Not sure if I have an image of the firmware. Once this unicorn of a miner (rare) arrived after >6mo of delays I just walked away from the AMT/Bitmine.ch fiasco. I was one of the lucky ones that actually got something from the AMT/Bitmine.ch scammers   Shocked

Would a zip of the card work? I use HDclone at work and not sure if its 'smart' .img files which do not copy the free-space bits are usable by other programs.

'Happy"? Not by a long shot. A lucky one, yes and never ever to be seen in any AMT promo.
Ordered AMT's 510GH/s unit in Feb of 2014 for $4k, advertised as "ships within 4 weeks" unlike the 1.2TH/s rigs that were advertised and sold as pre-order only with to-be-determined delivery. I was sent a 1.2 TH/s rig only because they were all the scammer Joshoua Zipkin could get during his stay in China. That said, eventually actually getting 2x the hash I paid for vs folks that paid the full $8k for their TH/s rigs - several folks had waited since late 2013 - I was DAMN lucky.

The events are best covered in the Skype chats linked in my sig.
I had no intention of making fun of you. The "lucky"  citation was directly from their website  Undecided

You can use win32diskimager or you your clone tool. Free space does not matter as long as you compress the resulting img file, that's sure.
http://www.raspberry-projects.com/pi/pi-operating-systems/win32diskimager

██  ███  nope ██  ███
pinhead666

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:30:01 PM

Wow, this is cool. If I only had this fw a year ago... I don't have these beasts anymore but I will make a little donation 'cause I appreciate your work. Well done.

Edit: Sent a little donation.
mxnsch (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:42:03 AM

Wow, this is cool. If I only had this fw a year ago... I don't have these beasts anymore but I will make a little donation 'cause I appreciate your work. Well done.

Edit: Sent a little donation.
Thanks! Maybe my next firmware is for one of your devices ;-)

██  ███  nope ██  ███
mxnsch (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:58:11 PM

@NotFuzzyWarm does your controller board look like this?
http://imgur.com/ZaY28kj

██  ███  nope ██  ███
roderick112

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:24:27 PM

WOW new firmware looks amazing!  Shocked

could you maybe check on the links you have put up for the images they seem to not work  Huh

thanks alot! you are amazing! again i'd downloading the firmware A.T.M and will leave it on you're pool setting for a bit TY! again

Regards Roderick
mxnsch (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:34:05 PM

could you maybe check on the links you have put up for the images they seem to not work  Huh

thanks alot! you are amazing! again i'd downloading the firmware A.T.M and will leave it on you're pool setting for a bit TY! again

Regards Roderick
Hi,

the links work (for the 192.168.1.254 version), but you have to download it in a browser afaik. Please let me know if it still does not work for you.

Best wishes

Ps.: the dhcp enabled version will follow asap, family is a little sick today  Tongue

██  ███  nope ██  ███
roderick112

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:43:59 PM

Regards Roderick
Hi,

the links work (for the 192.168.1.254 version), but you have to download it in a browser afaik. Please let me know if it still does not work for you.

Best wishes

Ps.: the dhcp enabled version will follow asap, family is a little sick today  Tongue

hello i dont mean the download link for the image wish indeed did not work via the browser download i get a 32gb img file  Tongue Roll Eyes

i mean this:https://gyazo.com/034142865e8adde6ff6b8ebc26ba5183

Regards Roderick
roderick112

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:54:31 PM

Regards Roderick
Hi,

Best wishes

amazing i see you fixed the images! could i maybe p.m you a link you could upload the image to not compresed in a rar or other type if you're willing? would be amazing! TY again!

Regards Roderick

p.s. when it has been uploaded to there i'll give you a shared link from the server its on it has a 10gbs uplink/downlink! TY
mxnsch (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:09:26 PM

Yes, i can upload it anywhere you like tonight - just pm me the credentials. Why do you need it rar'ed?

Images should be fixed, smf is a piece of crap....

██  ███  nope ██  ███
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: