Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:54:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The space launchings aren't putting food on your table.  (Read 10581 times)
TheGr33k (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:22:00 PM

I need to know what the point of spending thousands of US dollars on space trips is meant for. I don't know what we've accomplished and found beneficial to society and the overall growth of human living by having money and such being tossed for the government to send random men up into space. I don't understand why space travel is so necessary. Please tell me how the moon launchings weren't fake, or needed for the human race.
The point is research, without research we would still be living in the dark ages. There are uses beyond "putting guy in space",  satellite network provides you with GPS, tv.  If you are wondering about taxes you might as well wonder whats the point of spending thousands of US dollars on mass surveillance  Roll Eyes
Research is necessary but only when there's a point. I have yet to be given one beneficial thing society got out of these launchings. Please tell me what we got out them.
If you knew the results of research before you were to do it, the research itself wouldn't be necessary.  The point of research is to learn something knew about the world. You may learn new things about the planet or the universe. The problem is most of the research papers are hidden by institutions and copyright laws. You can always question if a certain research needs funding.

It's not just precious metals and gold and silver isn't just used for Jewellery, it's used plenty often in electronics and dentistry too, but then again, you'd know that if you'd have done your research.
I did do my research. I know that but we already have enough of that so it's pointless to keep looking for more and more.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:26:35 PM

We don't actually, it's becoming more and more difficult to get this stuff out of the earth nevermind what damage it could do to the environment, soon it's going to be far easier to launch something into space to grab the asteroids, anyway, since you're in denial I won't bother trying to spend hours convincing you.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:34:02 PM

I need to know what the point of spending thousands of US dollars on space trips is meant for. I don't know what we've accomplished and found beneficial to society and the overall growth of human living by having money and such being tossed for the government to send random men up into space. I don't understand why space travel is so necessary. Please tell me how the moon launchings weren't fake, or needed for the human race.

You're an idiot if you think the moon landings were fake.

Next, there is certainly a way in which rocket launches are essential to putting food on your table.  Because were an asteroid to hit the earth, one effect would be for atmospheric dust to block sunlight for years.  Hence, all crops would die and there would be no food on your table.  Then, you would die.

The only way to prevent you from dying would be to have rockets that could launch, and divert incoming asteriods.  This is an active area of study and research.

That is one reasons space trips are needed for the human race.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:19:59 PM

There are things what we have to do today and wait for the "rewards" for a long time. Space exploration is one of these things. When you plant a new orchard you might not need it immediately, it's not even useful for years but you know that once in the future you will need fruits from those trees. As I said same thing applies to space exploration. One day it will be very much needed and we must be prepared and must have the necessary technology and knowledge in hand.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:21:00 PM

It keeps idiots at bay. Simple as that. If idiots understood what space launches do then the industry would be filled with trolling idiots - just like here in this forum.

No space launch, no work, no food. EVERYTHING you do today is because of what satellites are doing up there. They beep boop boop away just so can idiot humans - not necessarily like you - can question their beep boop boop.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:30:40 PM

It keeps idiots at bay. Simple as that. If idiots understood what space launches do then the industry would be filled with trolling idiots - just like here in this forum.

No space launch, no work, no food. EVERYTHING you do today is because of what satellites are doing up there. They beep boop boop away just so can idiot humans - not necessarily like you - can question their beep boop boop.

Well, people figured out 50 years ago how to put satellites in orbit. I guess that almost no idiot thinks that you need to spend grillions to reinvent that.

What would probably be helpful for some reasonable return on those grillions: NASA figuring out a way to have humans circling the earth safely in low earth orbit. Even better; finding a way to leave low orbit, something they haven´t managed for over 40 years now.

vhaasteren

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:45:35 PM

A very good read on revolutionizing space technology, and how/why we need to get to Mars:

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/08/how-and-why-spacex-will-colonize-mars.html

All written from a SpaceX perspective, but since NASA contracts SpaceX, it's still on topic.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:48:06 PM

.... finding a way to leave low orbit, something they haven´t managed for over 40 years now.

All that is required to leave low orbit is simply to increase velocity.  That's called "a rocket burn."

That's done all the time.

Guess you are wrong yet again.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:38:38 PM

Pffft, space launches have been feeding psychopaths for over 60 years!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:08:55 PM

A very good read on revolutionizing space technology, and how/why we need to get to Mars:

All written from a SpaceX perspective, but since NASA contracts SpaceX, it's still on topic.
Yes, that's the Musk perspective.  But he's wrong.

What we need on Mars is robotic mini factories, hundreds of them.  Actual industrial infrastructure.  Not people.  People can come later, after all the parts and pieces are in place. 

Advocacy of the same mistake we made with the Moon for Mars does not create a space faring people.
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 04:37:15 PM

We need a permanent space colony (such as a huge O'Neil cylinder) or surface colonies, as a 'backup' for humanity in the event of cataclysmic destruction on earth.

One big virus or nuclear fiasco and humanity's existence is null and void. Why not take a step off our starting point and move on to level 2?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:43:37 PM

How much does humanity spend every day on fancy coffee? That expense could probably feed and house most of the world's population and it doesn't even do anything to progress humanity, it just fucks up your body and then emerges again from your phallus or quim.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:49:44 PM

Yes, that's the Musk perspective.  But he's wrong.

What we need on Mars is robotic mini factories, hundreds of them.  Actual industrial infrastructure.  Not people.  People can come later, after all the parts and pieces are in place. 

Advocacy of the same mistake we made with the Moon for Mars does not create a space faring people.

I disagree, we should start off with a simple unicorn ranching operation then move on from there.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:53:36 PM

NASA research has been used to create over 30,000 different applications, such as insulin pumps, fire fighting gear, weather satellites that prevent thousands because of forewarned hurricanes, and laser heart surgery. Right now, NASA receives about 13 billion dollars a year, less than .5% of the entire GDP. On the other hand, Churches are tax exempt, and save an average of 73 billion dollars a year. They could feed all of the homeless people in the entire United States each year, and have another 72 billion left over with that 73 billion. I understand that Church does charity and helps the needy sometimes, but if that's the case, then why isn't the Red Cross, whose basis is entirely devoted to helping people, tax exempt? NASA's developments are technological and scientific, helping the entire community, while Churches help those that only believe in them, and can even spew hate against certain people because they are being themselves. If you dare to bring up the argument of NASA's funds should be used somewhere else, then you are obviously oblivious of all the corruption and money spent and lost due to politicians who look into themselves as opposed to their people. Have you ever heard of corruption in NASA? I don't think so.
galdur

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 04:58:50 PM

NASA research has been used to create over 30,000 different applications, such as insulin pumps, fire fighting gear, weather satellites that prevent thousands because of forewarned hurricanes, and laser heart surgery. Right now, NASA receives about 13 billion dollars a year, less than .5% of the entire GDP. On the other hand, Churches are tax exempt, and save an average of 73 billion dollars a year. They could feed all of the homeless people in the entire United States each year, and have another 72 billion left over with that 73 billion. I understand that Church does charity and helps the needy sometimes, but if that's the case, then why isn't the Red Cross, whose basis is entirely devoted to helping people, tax exempt? NASA's developments are technological and scientific, helping the entire community, while Churches help those that only believe in them, and can even spew hate against certain people because they are being themselves. If you dare to bring up the argument of NASA's funds should be used somewhere else, then you are obviously oblivious of all the corruption and money spent and lost due to politicians who look into themselves as opposed to their people. Have you ever heard of corruption in NASA? I don't think so.

Yeah, they could probably soon eradicate world hunger with 72 billion dollars a year. You´re right, 13 bn dollars is really peanuts if that´s all NASA gets.

TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 07:08:55 PM

You're an idiot if you think the moon landings were fake.

Next, there is certainly a way in which rocket launches are essential to putting food on your table.  Because were an asteroid to hit the earth, one effect would be for atmospheric dust to block sunlight for years.  Hence, all crops would die and there would be no food on your table.  Then, you would die.

The only way to prevent you from dying would be to have rockets that could launch, and divert incoming asteriods.  This is an active area of study and research.

That is one reasons space trips are needed for the human race.
Oh God, leave me alone. All I said was its pointless.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 07:10:41 PM

Everyone, all I said was space travel is pointless. Tell me how space travel has benefitted society in terms of production. Tell me how it puts food on the table. Tell me how it's preventing mass genocide. Also to the other person in this thread, tell me when an asteroid ever tried to hit the earth. Please.
galdur

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 07:23:03 PM

Everyone, all I said was space travel is pointless. Tell me how space travel has benefitted society in terms of production. Tell me how it puts food on the table. Tell me how it's preventing mass genocide. Also to the other person in this thread, tell me when an asteroid ever tried to hit the earth. Please.

People take Hollywood and the Discovery channel too seriously I guess. NASA and those who fund it clearly don´t, fortunately for taxpayers. I doubt that you go to the moon for 13 bn/year, much less Mars. They´re probably doing something useful with that money.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 07:44:36 PM

You can tell the same about a most of sciences and arts as well. I guess most stuff what the ancient greek mathematicians invented was as useless for the contemporary peasants and dock workers as space travel in these day for some of us. BTW many things in science what are now parts of our everyday life started their carrier as toys.
Asteroids. The last really significant one hit the Earth about 64 million years ago, and all the dinos went belly up, and we aren't much better prepared than those big lizards. According to Wikipedia rather big meteorites are quite common things (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_event).
BARR_Official

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 07:57:51 PM

It's not just precious metals and gold and silver isn't just used for Jewellery, it's used plenty often in electronics and dentistry too, but then again, you'd know that if you'd have done your research.

Gold is the best conductor.  If gold was plentiful, we would use it in all our electronic wiring and increase efficiency.

Gold is also the best material for a frying pan.

Buying At Retail and Restaurants - BarrCryptocurrency.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: