Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:36:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The space launchings aren't putting food on your table.  (Read 10581 times)
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:12:20 PM

I need to know what the point of spending thousands of US dollars on space trips is meant for. I don't know what we've accomplished and found beneficial to society and the overall growth of human living by having money and such being tossed for the government to send random men up into space. I don't understand why space travel is so necessary. Please tell me how the moon launchings weren't fake, or needed for the human race.

http://www.care2.com/causes/5-things-we-have-thanks-to-space-exploration.html

http://www.universetoday.com/37079/benefits-of-space-exploration/

In a time when economic austerity is en vogue, we find ourselves debating what is worth spending money on and what isn’t. Programs have to justify their existence and those programs that are seen as ancillary or superfluous get the ax. Unfortunately, often science that doesn’t have an immediate practical use is seen as fluff and a waste of time and money. In the United States, NASA can be an object of this debate. We should not be exploring the solar system, some say, when we have so many problems on the Earth. This, I believe, is an incredibly myopic point of view that ignores the myriad of technological advances that make our lives longer, safer, and more fun made possible by the space program.

Cell Phone Camera

You know how you basically can’t buy a cell phone anymore without a camera? Yeah, you can thank NASA for that. In the 1960s, engineers at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) first developed the concept of the digital camera. In the 1990s, a team at the JPL worked to create cameras that are small enough to fit on spacecraft while maintaining scientific quality. One third of cell phone cameras contain the technology developed from this research.

Clean Energy Technology

Not every piece of technology is directly applicable to non-space faring activities. But, more often than not, technology developed for space flight is refined to create something useful for us land lubbers. For example, the company that developed the Space Shuttle Main Engine is using the expertise gained to create clean energy technology that would decrease carbon emissions by 10 percent, the equivalent of taking 50,000 cars off the road.

Scratch-Resistant Lenses

In an attempt to find diamond-hard coatings for aerospace systems, the Lewis Research Center contributed to making sunglass lenses more resistant to scratches and spotting. A technique for creating diamond-hard coatings was developed and patented, and in the late 1980s Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. got a license to use the patent. The technique was further developed and later used to make lenses that are scratch-resistant and shed water more easily.

Water Filtration and Purification

Lest you think NASA tech is just used for superficial creature comforts, think again. NASA has contributed quite a lot to the development of water purification technology over the years. Just by necessity, NASA developed ways to filter water for manned space missions. But that’s not all. Water purification technology also helped treat contaminated water after the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill off the Gulf of Mexico. Furthermore, technology developed to purify water on Apollo spacecraft is now used to purify dolphin tanks and is an alternative to chemical disinfectants.

CAT Scans

A space program needs a pretty good digital image analysis to locate and measure objects. Digital imaging is the computer processed numerical representation of physical images. The JPL played a lead role in developing this technology. This has proven incredibly useful in a variety of medical technologies, like CAT scanners, radiography and microscopy.

These are just a very few of the derivative technologies that we have thanks to investment in space exploration. You can find many more on the NASA website. But, at the risk of sounding like a new age hippie, these ignore perhaps the most important impact a robust space program can have: inspiration.

Space is undeniably huge and strange and beautiful. It’s a mistake to think of the study of space as esoteric. Billions and billions of years ago, supernovae exploded and littered the universe with the elements necessary to create the Earth and everything on it. We literally owe our existence to dying stars. It’s what Carl Sagan meant when he said that we are made of star stuff. The study of space is the study of us and our place in space and time. These are questions philosophers and theologians have been pondering for millennia, and these questions have answers. All we have to do is invest in finding the answers.

I know of no astronaut who returns from space after seeing the Earth with no artificial borders and advocates that we become more divided, more hostile, or more petty. There is something about knowing that we are on an insignificant pale blue dot in an insignificant galaxy that makes one realize how special life is. And we wouldn’t even have a clue if not for our ability to explore our corner of space.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/5-things-we-have-thanks-to-space-exploration.html#ixzz3vpwvLrp6

---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_program#Legacy

Science and engineering[edit]
Further information: NASA spin-off technologies
The Apollo program has been called the greatest technological achievement in human history.[92][93] Apollo stimulated many areas of technology.[citation needed] The flight computer design used in both the lunar and command modules was, along with the Minuteman Missile System, the driving force behind early research into integrated circuits.[citation needed] Computer-controlled machining was first used in the fabrication of Apollo structural components.

Cultural impact[edit]
The Earth over the lunar horizon, photographed by the Apollo 8 crew
"Everything that I ever knew – my life, my loved ones, the Navy – everything, the whole world was behind my thumb." –James Lovell
The crew of Apollo 8 sent the first live televised pictures of the Earth and the Moon back to Earth, and read from the creation story in the Book of Genesis, on Christmas Eve, 1968. This was believed to be the most widely watched television broadcast until that time. The mission and Christmas provided an inspiring end to 1968, which had been a troubled year for the US, marked by Vietnam War protests, race riots, and the assassinations of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr., and Senator Robert F. Kennedy.

An estimated one-fifth of the population of the world watched the live transmission of the Apollo 11 moonwalk.[94]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Marble
The Blue Marble photograph taken on December 7, 1972 during Apollo 17. "We went to explore the Moon, and in fact discovered the Earth." –Eugene Cernan
An effect of the Apollo program is the view of Earth as a fragile, small planet, captured in photographs taken by the astronauts during the lunar missions. The most famous, taken by the Apollo 17 astronauts, is The Blue Marble.

Many astronauts and cosmonauts have commented on the profound effects that seeing Earth from space has had on them;[95] the 24 astronauts who traveled to the Moon are the only humans to have observed Earth from beyond low Earth orbit, and have traveled farther from Earth than anyone else to date.

According to The Economist, Apollo succeeded in accomplishing President Kennedy's goal of taking on the Soviet Union in the Space Race, and beat it by accomplishing a singular and significant achievement, and thereby showcased the superiority of the capitalistic, free-market system as represented by the US. The publication noted the irony that in order to achieve the goal, the program required the organization of tremendous public resources within a vast, centralized government bureaucracy.[96]
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:34:00 PM

I need to know what the point of spending thousands of US dollars on space trips is meant for. I don't know what we've accomplished and found beneficial to society and the overall growth of human living by having money and such being tossed for the government to send random men up into space. I don't understand why space travel is so necessary. Please tell me how the moon launchings weren't fake, or needed for the human race.

If people wanted to go to space, and spent their own money on it, that might be okay.

As it is, they get grants from government that are paid for by taxation. Taxation is stealing from the people, the same as the fiat banking inflation is.

Up with Bitcoin. Down with fiat.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:35:43 PM

You should read up on some of the great works by Char Aznable.

Earth is merely Humanity's cradle, our next evolutionary step will take place once we rid ourselves from the chains of Earth's gravitational pull.  Sieg Zeon

Sounds nice, doesn't it... earth is humanity's cradle.

Actually, the opposite is the truth. Earth is humanity's grave.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:38:15 PM

The point is research, without research we would still be living in the dark ages. There are uses beyond "putting guy in space",  satellite network provides you with GPS, tv.  If you are wondering about taxes you might as well wonder whats the point of spending thousands of US dollars on mass surveillance  Roll Eyes

Research is all fine and dandy. But there is a whole lot more research that is needed to be done here. Further, researching by using taxation to steal money from people who don't want further research in space, is completely wrong.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:40:20 PM

lol i thought of that either.

but i've read an article months ago about possible mining on space. NOT BITCOIN of course but possibly rare elements and stuff.
But why should you care about rocks? Unless they're nuclear rocks that we can use to power the electricity of the entire tri state area, what is the point of that?

Is that all you care about?  All humanity should do is worry about powering electricity for the time being? LOL,

WTF does space even have to do with genocide in Iraq?  You are seriously saying we should stop spending billions on space exploration, rather spending it on middle eastern conflict - when we're already spending TRILLIONS to only add fuel to the fire (and we have been for decades)

2/10 trolling for getting me to respond.  If serious, it's too late, there's no hope in saving you.  But I'd recommend ceasing your 'asking questions to every answer to your question' strategy, but instead read a book

Is that all you think about? Humanity? When it bites close to home, you will become a zealous, selfish hypocrite.

Smiley

galdur

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:45:12 PM

According to The Economist, Apollo succeeded in accomplishing President Kennedy's goal of taking on the Soviet Union in the Space Race, and beat it by accomplishing a singular and significant achievement, and thereby showcased the superiority of the capitalistic, free-market system as represented by the US. The publication noted the irony that in order to achieve the goal, the program required the organization of tremendous public resources within a vast, centralized government bureaucracy.[96]

Yeah, yeah much like the gigantic war scams  Grin

Except NASA probably can keep books on their receipts and outlays being the brainboxes that they are

something that the Pentagon won´t be capable of any time soon. Set up to be an accounting fail - obviously.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:53:20 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroid_mining

You'd have to be a complete moron to not understand why space travel is important, we're running out of resources on earth and there's an absolute abundance of raw materials up in space just waiting to be collected, all we need to do is figure out how to get there and back efficiently and we'll not only be rich but it will benefit mankind as we won't have to worry about consuming any rare materials anymore.

By the way, there's plenty more about this on the web dating back quite far, one asteroid spotted by NASA was estimated to have almost 1 trillion dollars worth of precious metals inside it, this is partly why there are private companies like SpaceX making a move to build rockets now and why having a re-usable rocket that's a lot cheaper than all these expensive government space programs is so important. You also have water on the moon being found and ice in asteroids etc. which means that you could sustain life out there if you had to long term.

The volume of the earth is about 260,000,000,000 cubic miles of material - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_physical_characteristics_tables. The earth has all the elements we need. It is right under our feet. Going to space is simply an excuse for taxation, since we have everything we need right here.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:54:59 PM

Well, apart from the ISS they´ve given up on circling the earth in low orbit because they´re not even capable of doing that safely so I don´t really see them venturing further afield this century.
Really?  (yawn....)

Apollo - NASA Manned Lunar Program (1963 - 1972)
Cassini - NASA/European Space Agency Mission to Saturn (1997)
Chandrayaan-1 - ISRO (India) Orbiter to the Moon (2007)
Chang'e 1 - CAST (China) Orbiter to the Moon (2007)
Chang'e 2 - CAST (China) Orbiter to the Moon (2010)
Chang'e 3 - CSNA (China) Lander and Rover to the Moon (2013)
Clementine - DoD/NASA Lunar Mapping Mission (1994)
CONTOUR - NASA Fly-by Mission to three Comet Nuclei (2002)
Dawn - NASA Asteroid Ceres and Vesta Orbiter (2007)
Deep Impact - NASA Rendezvous and Impact with Comet Tempel 1 (2005)
Deep Space 1 (DS1) - NASA Flyby Mission to asteroid 1992 KD (1998)
Deep Space 2 - NASA Penetrator Mission to Mars (1999)
Galileo - NASA Mission to Jupiter (1989)
Genesis - NASA Solar Wind Sample Return (2001)
Giotto - ESA Mission to Comets Halley and Grigg-Skjellerup (1985)
Hayabusa (Muses-C) - ISAS (Japan) Sample Return Mission to Asteroid Itokawa (2003)
Hiten - ISAS Flyby and Orbiter Mission to the Moon (1990)
Huygens - NASA/European Space Agency Mission to Saturn's satellite Titan (1997)
ICE (ISEE-3) - NASA Mission to Comet Giacobini-Zinner (1978)
Kaguya (SELENE) - JAXA (Japan) Orbiter to the Moon (2007)
Luna - Soviet Lunar Missions (1959 - 1976)
Lunar Orbiter - NASA Lunar Mapping Missions (1966 - 1967)
Lunar Prospector - NASA Global Orbiter Mission to the Moon (1998)
Magellan - NASA Venus Radar Mapping Mission (1989)
Mariner 2 - NASA Venus flyby (1962)
Mariner 4 - NASA Mars flyby (1964)
Mariner 5 - NASA Venus flyby (1967)
Mariner 6 - NASA Mars flyby (1969)
Mariner 7 - NASA Mars flyby (1969)
Mariner 9 - NASA Mars orbiter (1971)
Mariner 10 - NASA Mission to Venus and Mercury (1973)
Mars Climate Orbiter - NASA Orbiter Mission to Mars (1998)
Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity - NASA Rover Mission to Mars (2003)
Mars Exploration Rover Spirit - NASA Rover Mission to Mars (2003)
Mars Express - ESA Mars Orbiter and Lander (2003)
Mars Global Surveyor - NASA Global Orbiter Mission to Mars (1996)
Mars Observer - NASA Mission to Mars (1992)
2001 Mars Odyssey - NASA Orbiter Mission to Mars (2001)
Mars Pathfinder - NASA Environmental Survey Mission to Mars (1996)
Mars Polar Lander - NASA Lander Mission to Mars (1999)
Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter - NASA Orbiter Mission to Mars (2005)
Mars Science Laboratory - NASA Rover Mission to Mars (2011)
Mars 96 - Russian Orbiter and Lander Mission to Mars (1996)
MESSENGER - NASA Orbiter to Mercury (2004)
NEAR - NASA Rendezvous Mission to Near-Earth Asteroid (1996)
New Horizons - NASA Pluto Kuiper Belt Flyby (2006)
Nozomi (Planet-B) - ISAS (Japan) Orbiter Mission to Mars (1998)
Phobos - Soviet Missions to Mars (1988)
Pioneer Venus - NASA Orbiter/Probes to Venus (1978)
Pioneer 10 - NASA Jupiter flyby (1972)
Pioneer 11 - NASA Jupiter flyby (1973)
Ranger - NASA Lunar Impact Missions (1964 - 1965)
Rosetta - ESA Rendezvous Mission to Comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko (2004)
Sakigake - Japanese ISAS mission to Comet Halley (1985)
SMART 1 - ESA Orbiter to the Moon (2003)
Stardust - NASA Coma Sample Return Mission to Comet P/Wild 2 (1999)
Suisei - Japanese ISAS mission to Comet Halley (1985)
Surveyor - NASA Lunar Lander Missions (1966 - 1968)
Ulysses - NASA/ESA Mission to study the solar wind via Jupiter (1990)
Vega 1 - Soviet mission to Venus and Comet Halley (1984)
Vega 2 - Soviet mission to Venus and Comet Halley (1984)
Venera - Soviet Missions to Venus (1967 - 1983)
Venus Express - ESA Orbiter to Venus (2005)
Viking - NASA Orbiters/Landers to Mars (1975)
Voyager - NASA Missions to Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and beyond (1977)
Zond - Soviet Lunar Missions (1965 - 1970)

Forget it. So much of this is pure baloney and hogwash. You will never get them into court under oath on the stand to admit most of this stuff.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:57:17 PM

The point is research, without research we would still be living in the dark ages. There are uses beyond "putting guy in space",  satellite network provides you with GPS, tv.  If you are wondering about taxes you might as well wonder whats the point of spending thousands of US dollars on mass surveillance  Roll Eyes
Research is necessary but only when there's a point. I have yet to be given one beneficial thing society got out of these launchings. Please tell me what we got out them.
If you knew the results of research before you were to do it, the research itself wouldn't be necessary.  The point of research is to learn something knew about the world. You may learn new things about the planet or the universe. The problem is most of the research papers are hidden by institutions and copyright laws. You can always question if a certain research needs funding.

Good. Research and use the earth before trying to do silly things like developing methods for space exploration. We have the earth right here. Before we can explore space, we have to develop the methods to get beyond all that emptiness.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:58:52 PM

We don't actually, it's becoming more and more difficult to get this stuff out of the earth nevermind what damage it could do to the environment, soon it's going to be far easier to launch something into space to grab the asteroids, anyway, since you're in denial I won't bother trying to spend hours convincing you.

Great. If you want to spend all kinds of your money on space exploration, do it. Stop taxing me to do something that I consider stupid.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:00:04 PM

You're an idiot if you think the moon landings were fake.

Next, there is certainly a way in which rocket launches are essential to putting food on your table.  Because were an asteroid to hit the earth, one effect would be for atmospheric dust to block sunlight for years.  Hence, all crops would die and there would be no food on your table.  Then, you would die.

The only way to prevent you from dying would be to have rockets that could launch, and divert incoming asteriods.  This is an active area of study and research.

That is one reasons space trips are needed for the human race.

Yet the proof shows that they were fake. What does that make you?

Smiley

galdur

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:01:50 PM

Well, apart from the ISS they´ve given up on circling the earth in low orbit because they´re not even capable of doing that safely so I don´t really see them venturing further afield this century.
Really?  (yawn....)

Apollo - NASA Manned Lunar Program (1963 - 1972)
Cassini - NASA/European Space Agency Mission to Saturn (1997)
Chandrayaan-1 - ISRO (India) Orbiter to the Moon (2007)
Chang'e 1 - CAST (China) Orbiter to the Moon (2007)
Chang'e 2 - CAST (China) Orbiter to the Moon (2010)
Chang'e 3 - CSNA (China) Lander and Rover to the Moon (2013)
Clementine - DoD/NASA Lunar Mapping Mission (1994)
CONTOUR - NASA Fly-by Mission to three Comet Nuclei (2002)
Dawn - NASA Asteroid Ceres and Vesta Orbiter (2007)
Deep Impact - NASA Rendezvous and Impact with Comet Tempel 1 (2005)
Deep Space 1 (DS1) - NASA Flyby Mission to asteroid 1992 KD (1998)
Deep Space 2 - NASA Penetrator Mission to Mars (1999)
Galileo - NASA Mission to Jupiter (1989)
Genesis - NASA Solar Wind Sample Return (2001)
Giotto - ESA Mission to Comets Halley and Grigg-Skjellerup (1985)
Hayabusa (Muses-C) - ISAS (Japan) Sample Return Mission to Asteroid Itokawa (2003)
Hiten - ISAS Flyby and Orbiter Mission to the Moon (1990)
Huygens - NASA/European Space Agency Mission to Saturn's satellite Titan (1997)
ICE (ISEE-3) - NASA Mission to Comet Giacobini-Zinner (1978)
Kaguya (SELENE) - JAXA (Japan) Orbiter to the Moon (2007)
Luna - Soviet Lunar Missions (1959 - 1976)
Lunar Orbiter - NASA Lunar Mapping Missions (1966 - 1967)
Lunar Prospector - NASA Global Orbiter Mission to the Moon (1998)
Magellan - NASA Venus Radar Mapping Mission (1989)
Mariner 2 - NASA Venus flyby (1962)
Mariner 4 - NASA Mars flyby (1964)
Mariner 5 - NASA Venus flyby (1967)
Mariner 6 - NASA Mars flyby (1969)
Mariner 7 - NASA Mars flyby (1969)
Mariner 9 - NASA Mars orbiter (1971)
Mariner 10 - NASA Mission to Venus and Mercury (1973)
Mars Climate Orbiter - NASA Orbiter Mission to Mars (1998)
Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity - NASA Rover Mission to Mars (2003)
Mars Exploration Rover Spirit - NASA Rover Mission to Mars (2003)
Mars Express - ESA Mars Orbiter and Lander (2003)
Mars Global Surveyor - NASA Global Orbiter Mission to Mars (1996)
Mars Observer - NASA Mission to Mars (1992)
2001 Mars Odyssey - NASA Orbiter Mission to Mars (2001)
Mars Pathfinder - NASA Environmental Survey Mission to Mars (1996)
Mars Polar Lander - NASA Lander Mission to Mars (1999)
Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter - NASA Orbiter Mission to Mars (2005)
Mars Science Laboratory - NASA Rover Mission to Mars (2011)
Mars 96 - Russian Orbiter and Lander Mission to Mars (1996)
MESSENGER - NASA Orbiter to Mercury (2004)
NEAR - NASA Rendezvous Mission to Near-Earth Asteroid (1996)
New Horizons - NASA Pluto Kuiper Belt Flyby (2006)
Nozomi (Planet-B) - ISAS (Japan) Orbiter Mission to Mars (1998)
Phobos - Soviet Missions to Mars (1988)
Pioneer Venus - NASA Orbiter/Probes to Venus (1978)
Pioneer 10 - NASA Jupiter flyby (1972)
Pioneer 11 - NASA Jupiter flyby (1973)
Ranger - NASA Lunar Impact Missions (1964 - 1965)
Rosetta - ESA Rendezvous Mission to Comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko (2004)
Sakigake - Japanese ISAS mission to Comet Halley (1985)
SMART 1 - ESA Orbiter to the Moon (2003)
Stardust - NASA Coma Sample Return Mission to Comet P/Wild 2 (1999)
Suisei - Japanese ISAS mission to Comet Halley (1985)
Surveyor - NASA Lunar Lander Missions (1966 - 1968)
Ulysses - NASA/ESA Mission to study the solar wind via Jupiter (1990)
Vega 1 - Soviet mission to Venus and Comet Halley (1984)
Vega 2 - Soviet mission to Venus and Comet Halley (1984)
Venera - Soviet Missions to Venus (1967 - 1983)
Venus Express - ESA Orbiter to Venus (2005)
Viking - NASA Orbiters/Landers to Mars (1975)
Voyager - NASA Missions to Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and beyond (1977)
Zond - Soviet Lunar Missions (1965 - 1970)

Forget it. So much of this is pure baloney and hogwash. You will never get them into court under oath on the stand to admit most of this stuff.

Smiley

That retard (which I don´t read - for understandable reasons) of course missed that I was obviously referring to human beings circling the earth safely.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:02:18 PM

It keeps idiots at bay. Simple as that. If idiots understood what space launches do then the industry would be filled with trolling idiots - just like here in this forum.

No space launch, no work, no food. EVERYTHING you do today is because of what satellites are doing up there. They beep boop boop away just so can idiot humans - not necessarily like you - can question their beep boop boop.

Space launchings keep a bunch of people employed doing stupidity when they could be employed doing something useful.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:04:20 PM

.... finding a way to leave low orbit, something they haven´t managed for over 40 years now.

All that is required to leave low orbit is simply to increase velocity.  That's called "a rocket burn."

That's done all the time.

Guess you are wrong yet again.

He was talking about making a profit off all that expense of sending rockets up there.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:05:37 PM

Pffft, space launches have been feeding psychopaths for over 60 years!

For once you have a great point!

+1

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:07:51 PM

A very good read on revolutionizing space technology, and how/why we need to get to Mars:

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/08/how-and-why-spacex-will-colonize-mars.html

All written from a SpaceX perspective, but since NASA contracts SpaceX, it's still on topic.
Yes, that's the Musk perspective.  But he's wrong.

What we need on Mars is robotic mini factories, hundreds of them.  Actual industrial infrastructure.  Not people.  People can come later, after all the parts and pieces are in place. 

Advocacy of the same mistake we made with the Moon for Mars does not create a space faring people.

Why do you even care? Are you such a philanthropist? You'll be dead and gone long before we will be in the black from space exploration. In fact, profit over expense will probably never happen.

Smiley

galdur

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:08:15 PM

.... finding a way to leave low orbit, something they haven´t managed for over 40 years now.

All that is required to leave low orbit is simply to increase velocity.  That's called "a rocket burn."

That's done all the time.

Guess you are wrong yet again.

He was talking about making a profit off all that expense of sending rockets up there.

Smiley

I wasn´t aware that manned spacecraft had left low earth orbit (apart from returning to earth) for over 40 years now. Maybe that moron has other information.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:09:37 PM

How much does humanity spend every day on fancy coffee? That expense could probably feed and house most of the world's population and it doesn't even do anything to progress humanity, it just fucks up your body and then emerges again from your phallus or quim.

Right. And it is a whole lot more pleasurable than watching some goofballs taking off in a rocket when that same money could be spent on feeding the poor.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:13:41 PM

NASA research has been used to create over 30,000 different applications, such as insulin pumps, fire fighting gear, weather satellites that prevent thousands because of forewarned hurricanes, and laser heart surgery. Right now, NASA receives about 13 billion dollars a year, less than .5% of the entire GDP. On the other hand, Churches are tax exempt, and save an average of 73 billion dollars a year. They could feed all of the homeless people in the entire United States each year, and have another 72 billion left over with that 73 billion. I understand that Church does charity and helps the needy sometimes, but if that's the case, then why isn't the Red Cross, whose basis is entirely devoted to helping people, tax exempt? NASA's developments are technological and scientific, helping the entire community, while Churches help those that only believe in them, and can even spew hate against certain people because they are being themselves. If you dare to bring up the argument of NASA's funds should be used somewhere else, then you are obviously oblivious of all the corruption and money spent and lost due to politicians who look into themselves as opposed to their people. Have you ever heard of corruption in NASA? I don't think so.

The whole thing is based on corruption. All those inventions serve to make money for the wealthy, when the money could have been used to get rid of the actual problems that the new research simply relieves the symptoms of.

In the '50's, we were told that we would be on the moon in a decade. But the idea wasn't just the moon. It was moon bases, with trips to the moon on a daily schedule.

The whole space thing is designed to rape people (figuratively) and steal money from them.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:15:10 PM

You're an idiot if you think the moon landings were fake.

Next, there is certainly a way in which rocket launches are essential to putting food on your table.  Because were an asteroid to hit the earth, one effect would be for atmospheric dust to block sunlight for years.  Hence, all crops would die and there would be no food on your table.  Then, you would die.

The only way to prevent you from dying would be to have rockets that could launch, and divert incoming asteriods.  This is an active area of study and research.

That is one reasons space trips are needed for the human race.
Oh God, leave me alone. All I said was its pointless.

Spendy is a government paid troll, whether he knows it or not.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: