Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:24:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New PayPal to BTC Exchange  (Read 1266 times)
buckeyez (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:45:23 AM

Hi there,

I will just let you all know off the start, I am brand new to this. I am however not brand new to business or PayPal and I have done my research. So let's kick this off. As the title says, I will take your money via PayPal and in return send you Bitcoins (BTC). I do not have any limits on PayPal or Coinbase; that being said, I also do not want to deal with huge transactions. Anything that feels fishy, I will most likely back away from.

So how this will work:
You can PM me or post here, I will check both. What you need to provide is the USD Amount you want, BTC Wallet Address and your PayPal email address (must be a verified PayPal account). Also, state whether this is an international (outside the US) transaction so the appropriate PayPal fees can be assessed. I will send you an invoice via PayPal with that information, this way it protects both of us. You will then verify your BTC Address in the invoice and by paying, you agree to the terms and conditions listed on the invoice (I will paste a copy of them below). Upon receipt of a verified payment, I will then send you the BTC. You will pay the PayPal fees plus the BTC transaction fee (which is nominal) in addition to a 5% surcharge for my service.

Please be patient with me, If I do not get back to your right away. I am either sleeping, working, or living life. The 6 hour grace period is simply to allow me time to complete the transaction. By the time I write up the invoice and it gets to you, you may be off doing something else. Then when you get to it, I may be off doing something else. So it just a formality and understanding that we all have lives to live.

Should you use my service and are pleased with it, please "TRUST" me on the forum and post some positive feedback. At the time of this post, it is almost 3 am, so I will likely head to bed. But, feel free to PM me and we can work out any business when I wake up.

The Payee agrees to the following terms and conditions upon payment.

Payee will verify that the “TO ADDRESS” for his/her Bitcoin (BTC) Wallet is correct in the description above before submitting payment. Payee is paying for a set amount of BTC as listed above based on the current exchange price (at the time of this invoice) from https://www.coinbase.com.  Payee agrees to fees listed above. Payee understands that https://blockchain.info will be used to verify transaction should any discrepancies arise. All Transaction ID’s will be recorded and used as proof of delivery.

Payee agrees and understands that BTC will not be transferred until payment is verified by PayPal and allows Me (the Seller) up to a 6 Hour Grace period to send the BTC (In most instances, it will be within an hour time span, if not instantaneous). If I (the Seller) fail to deliver the BTC within 6 hours, the Payee has the right to request a full refund.

Payment MUST be from a VERIFIED PayPal account, otherwise a partial refund (95%) will be returned. Due to the nature and volatility of the BTC Market, no refunds will be issued. All payments and transactions are final.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
funkydog

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:22:10 AM

So you are a newbie with 4 posts and we need to trust you on this?

If you can go first PM me, else no thx.
campycoin

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 01:48:42 PM

Hi there,

I will just let you all know off the start, I am brand new to this. I am however not brand new to business or PayPal and I have done my research. So let's kick this off. As the title says, I will take your money via PayPal and in return send you Bitcoins (BTC). I do not have any limits on PayPal or Coinbase; that being said, I also do not want to deal with huge transactions. Anything that feels fishy, I will most likely back away from.

So how this will work:
You can PM me or post here, I will check both. What you need to provide is the USD Amount you want, BTC Wallet Address and your PayPal email address (must be a verified PayPal account). Also, state whether this is an international (outside the US) transaction so the appropriate PayPal fees can be assessed. I will send you an invoice via PayPal with that information, this way it protects both of us. You will then verify your BTC Address in the invoice and by paying, you agree to the terms and conditions listed on the invoice (I will paste a copy of them below). Upon receipt of a verified payment, I will then send you the BTC. You will pay the PayPal fees plus the BTC transaction fee (which is nominal) in addition to a 5% surcharge for my service.

Please be patient with me, If I do not get back to your right away. I am either sleeping, working, or living life. The 6 hour grace period is simply to allow me time to complete the transaction. By the time I write up the invoice and it gets to you, you may be off doing something else. Then when you get to it, I may be off doing something else. So it just a formality and understanding that we all have lives to live.

Should you use my service and are pleased with it, please "TRUST" me on the forum and post some positive feedback. At the time of this post, it is almost 3 am, so I will likely head to bed. But, feel free to PM me and we can work out any business when I wake up.

The Payee agrees to the following terms and conditions upon payment.

Payee will verify that the “TO ADDRESS” for his/her Bitcoin (BTC) Wallet is correct in the description above before submitting payment. Payee is paying for a set amount of BTC as listed above based on the current exchange price (at the time of this invoice) from https://www.coinbase.com.  Payee agrees to fees listed above. Payee understands that https://blockchain.info will be used to verify transaction should any discrepancies arise. All Transaction ID’s will be recorded and used as proof of delivery.

Payee agrees and understands that BTC will not be transferred until payment is verified by PayPal and allows Me (the Seller) up to a 6 Hour Grace period to send the BTC (In most instances, it will be within an hour time span, if not instantaneous). If I (the Seller) fail to deliver the BTC within 6 hours, the Payee has the right to request a full refund.

Payment MUST be from a VERIFIED PayPal account, otherwise a partial refund (95%) will be returned. Due to the nature and volatility of the BTC Market, no refunds will be issued. All payments and transactions are final.

ya keep doing msges like that. see how fast ur paypal get limited forever by paypal
buckeyez (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:52:51 PM

Why would I send first? I assume a lot more risk in that method than you sending first via PayPal. Even then, using PayPal is a risk to me because of potential charge back / hacked accounts, and so on. By you paying first it help reduce the risk I am taking on and you are still able to get your money back by claiming to PayPal, "goods were not delivered". Clearly campycoin is just trolling anyway.

Bought

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:54:38 PM

Why would I send first? I assume a lot more risk in that method than you sending first via PayPal. Even then, using PayPal is a risk to me because of potential charge back / hacked accounts, and so on. By you paying first it help reduce the risk I am taking on and you are still able to get your money back by claiming to PayPal, "goods were not delivered". Clearly campycoin is just trolling anyway.

That's no guarantee you will screw someone up, I really hope you don't and that you came here just to trade as a normal person would. If you don't wana go first, use an escrow, I highly doubt someone will go first to you.

buckeyez (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:06:09 PM

That's no guarantee you will screw someone up, I really hope you don't and that you came here just to trade as a normal person would. If you don't wana go first, use an escrow, I highly doubt someone will go first to you.

Right and I completely understand where everyone is coming from. I don't quite see how I can screw someone over. I have set forth terms and conditions, all would be laid out in PayPal invoice. The invoice would state the address its going to and where it is coming from, using blockchain.info to verify the transaction. It's really straight forward, honest and open. If you knew me for me, there would be no question regarding my integrity. But there is no way to instill that trust without giving up my privacy or having built up a reputation.

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:58:34 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2015, 12:11:49 AM by Timelord2067

So let's look at this:

• Wont go first
    Anything that feels fishy, I will most likely back away from
    What known scammers say when they suspect the are being caught out
  • You want in advance the other person's PayPal address even though you are the one who should be giving out your PayPal email (something to hide?)
  • You wont trade promptly
    The 6 hour grace period...
  • You have fees on top of fees
    You will pay the PayPal fees plus the BTC transaction fee (which is nominal) in addition to a 5% surcharge for my service.
  • You have a multi Alt user having left you feed back / trust (Can't stop random people leaving trust for fake transactions I suppose)
  • You have an unattributed quote at the bottom of your missive; who's is it? It certainly isn't PayPal's
  • It seems you are trying to buy positive feedback / trust by asking for it in your OP
    Should you use my service and are pleased with it, please "TRUST" me on the forum and post some positive feedback.
  • How exactly are you going to issue a refund?
    If I (the Seller) fail to deliver the BTC within 6 hours, the Payee has the right to request a full refund.
    After six hours, the PayPal funds could be withdrawn by you and you will have been long gone.

That's just *Ten* reason's I'm calling BS on this one.

*Edit* Just thought of an Eleventh

• No proof that you even have BTC BitCoins for sale. Please sign your coins with a message.

funkydog

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:23:49 AM

We are doing a transfer at the moment, so far everything looks good.
I'll report back when finished.
buckeyez (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:25:43 AM

@Timelord2067

If that is your opinion, you are welcome to it. I understand that I am a "newbie" but everyone has to start somewhere. Not going first is SMART as there is not retraction in BTC transactions. I risk a lot if it is a large sum that I am being asked to transfer. If it is a small sum I would make an exception and probably go first as I did with the user you said has alt accounts. Again, if I feel like I am being scammed, I will back out of it (that is also a SMART move). Having someone's PayPal email address in front in order to send an invoice?! How is that even attributable to your argument? My PayPal email is available, its the one used on the forums... I will trade promptly when I am sitting down in front of the computer and we are both online at the same time. The grace period is designed to allow me to do business with say, people on the other side of the globe?! Fees are negotiable. But overall generally only 5-10%. The quote, is my terms and conditions, that I said I would include... With it being PayPal, even if I did transfer the funds, as per the agreement set forth and PayPal's buyer protection program, I highly doubt there is any risk to the buyer. I am assuming pretty much all the risk.

But as I said, everyone is entitled to their opinions, something I fight for. I'm not sure where you are from Dr. Who but I am sure you can understand that regardless of the country you reside in.

funkydog

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:32:41 AM

So let's look at this:

You want in advance the other person's PayPal address

This part i don't get.... you ALWAYS have the other person's Paypal address upon payment... i don't see any harm in this.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:10:47 AM

So let's look at this:

You want in advance the other person's PayPal address

This part i don't get.... you ALWAYS have the other person's Paypal address upon payment... i don't see any harm in this.

Just supposing in our example the OP had previously scammed with an Alt account and has kept a record of who they have scammed, by seeing the other person's PayPal address prior to trade, they can cross reference with who they have scammed in the past and "back out" of the trade.

buckeyez (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:16:20 AM

@Timelord2067

That is quite a clever idea lol. But I can assure you I am brand new to the scene. I wasn't really familiar with BTC at all for the longest time until my newsgroup said they accepted BTC, then I started looking into it and learned you can mine, trade, possibly make an investment off of it. So I just purchased some miners, about to put them to work. Been building my own pool, and working on configuring BTC core and setup a full node to help support the network. I think, BTC (blockchain) is a fantastic idea, one I wish I knew about when it first came out. But again, there is no way to prove this. So as I said, I have to start somewhere.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:34:24 AM

@Timelord2067

That is quite a clever idea lol. But I can assure you I am brand new to the scene. I wasn't really familiar with BTC at all for the longest time until my newsgroup said they accepted BTC, then I started looking into it and learned you can mine, trade, possibly make an investment off of it. So I just purchased some miners, about to put them to work. Been building my own pool, and working on configuring BTC core and setup a full node to help support the network. I think, BTC (blockchain) is a fantastic idea, one I wish I knew about when it first came out. But again, there is no way to prove this. So as I said, I have to start somewhere.

Indeed, perhaps we can trade so there are no hard feelings?

I'll take the 0.036 BTC into 1NewbiesXGxBmULNZNso1ZaY3Rcjq7rniG for $ 17.40 USD via PayPal thanks.

You can go first. Send me a DM with your email details when the BTC have gone through (verified here https://blockchain.info/address/1NewbiesXGxBmULNZNso1ZaY3Rcjq7rniG ).

I'll send as gift as you are going first.

Thanks.

I see you are still online I'll stay online or another hour, if no response or no coins deposited by an hour from now, the deal is off the table.

buckeyez (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:43:43 AM

Sorry Timelord2067,

This business is not for me. I was trying to build up reputation, as I did the one transaction earlier for $2 with the one user, and I just now sent $200 worth BTC to funkydog FIRST so as to try and build up reputation. Guess what, I haven't gotten anything via PayPal and he is now offline.  Sad Live and learn I suppose. So much greed in this world. Karma is all I have to say to funkydog. I will be submitting negative feedback to his profile and letting others know on his post for $1 accounts that he is scam. Someone please close this thread, it is pretty embarrassing on my part to have gone through with a transaction like that. Good luck to everyone else, who is trying to be legit.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:48:01 AM

Sorry Timelord2067,

This business is not for me. I was trying to build up reputation, as I did the one transaction earlier for $2 with the one user, and I just now sent $200 worth BTC to funkydog FIRST so as to try and build up reputation. Guess what, I haven't gotten anything via PayPal and he is now offline.  Sad Live and learn I suppose. So much greed in this world. Karma is all I have to say to funkydog. I will be submitting negative feedback to his profile and letting others know on his post for $1 accounts that he is scam. Someone please close this thread, it is pretty embarrassing on my part to have gone through with a transaction like that. Good luck to everyone else, who is trying to be legit.

Give him some time - say six hours?

Scorpian

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:48:33 AM

Newbie + paypal + no escrow + no reputation isnt a good mix.  Undecided
buckeyez (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:50:27 AM

Thanks for trolling. Lesson learned.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 01:55:51 AM

Thanks for trolling. Lesson learned.

You walked straight into that barb.

My offer was sincere whether you believe it or not. (eg Openly posting a wallet address for scrutiny) Stick around and engage with the community = build up some presence here + do some trades with those who are already exchanging BTC.

Regards.

buckeyez (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:02:50 AM

My offer was sincere whether you believe it or not. (eg Openly posting a wallet address for scrutiny) Stick around and engage with the community = build up some presence here + do some trades with those who are already exchanging BTC.

Regards.

I am open to suggestions and your help, if you are willing. Perhaps we can communicate over PM or email. More knowledge and understanding wouldn't hurt. Though, I will probably not venture into this type of business for a while as I just lost $200. But any support and help in getting my feet wet would be appreciated!

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:11:34 AM

Regards.

I am open to suggestions and your help, if you are willing. Perhaps we can communicate over PM or email. More knowledge and understanding wouldn't hurt. Though, I will probably not venture into this type of business for a while as I just lost $200. But any support and help in getting my feet wet would be appreciated!

Ok, Lock this thread (bottom let hand side) after you - Start a scam accusation in the so named section (you'll need some proof) and post a link here to that scam accusation.

Later you can unlock the thread when you are ready to trade.  I'll PM you after that.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: