Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:38:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase Tests Bitcoin XT, Gets Removed From Bitcoin.org  (Read 1191 times)
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 04:11:08 PM

I see no other altcoins listed on Bitcoin.org, so it's consistent.

My XT clients connect to the same peers as yours and I see no altcoin suport on XT clients

Bitcoin.org devs and owners are long-time supporters of Bitcoin-Core, so it's very expectable for them do so, and they have every right to. But then again they obviously over-reacted, Coinbase says it's for "testing purposes" (even though they wouldn't have gone public with it if it was so, who knows..), but I just hope this doesn't cause the gap between XT and Core to be more noticeable, the blockchain, and the community as a whole would suffer too much.

Everyone around here has been a long time Core supporter and even the most die hard big block supporters are still Core supporters Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:22:25 AM

I was thinking about something that has me bothered about this.....

It was a comment from one of the Blockstream Players about "How Much They've Done".   It was sort of a justification for their self-serving hijaak of Core-Dev.

I just can't let it go.... this is starting to sicken me.   There are so many that have put so much time, effort and money into Bitcoin Development, and these Blockstream jerks act like they are the only people working and contributing.   Coinbase specifically has been at the forefront of working with the U.S. Regulatory environment.   If it wasn't for them and some others, Bitcoin might even be illegal now.   As an exchange they have been incredibly cutting edge, good at marketing the product, comig up with incentive programs, innovative in attempting to attract new users, and just recently they've integrated the 1st U.S. Debit Card linked directly to their Coinbase Wallets.

They are already DOING what Blockstream/Lightening only aspires to.......

They are converting people to Bitcoin, and actually integrating it as a useable and functional currency into the global economic engine.  It is getting DISGUSTING how arrogant and self serving these Blockstream hijaaker/terrorists are.

FORK YOU BLOCKSTREAM!

* ps... I still wish Lightening well  <kisses & best wishes>
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:53:45 AM

Coinbase is a joke, I hope in the future we don't need services like this, they should be free to test Bitcoin XT tho, even if Bitcoin XT is a direct attack against Bitcoin since people supporting it either dont understand it or have an interest in centralizing its nodes.
xmax

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:24:49 AM

My question is, what will happen with coinbase in the future when it comes to them processing transactions?  Our company is working on an agreement with them to get our transactions confirmed quickly when we open up in the near future and I am afraid this may have some interference with that.  What do you think about this concern?
keepdoing

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:27:38 AM

Coinbase is a joke, I hope in the future we don't need services like this, they should be free to test Bitcoin XT tho, even if Bitcoin XT is a direct attack against Bitcoin since people supporting it either dont understand it or have an interest in centralizing its nodes.
Then you agree that the Blockstream Vision is crap?

I am assuming this because of your statement that services like Coinbase won't be needed.   Because if Blockstream has its way - that is really all there will be.....  Fiat Banks running Sidechains, and the main blockstream limited to the point that you cannot spend your money directly on chain (well, not freely like cash easily).

Because that is what the Blockstream Vision is.... Sidechains for Banks.  And you will be forcd to provide full details on your life, accounts, everything.  They will be linked into the various Government Tax Programs, reporting transactions etc.

The Blockchain Vision is MORE Centralizing that the XT Plan (which I don't like in its current form either - but only because it is overly ambitious, overly rapid in a way that doesn't create an incentive for slower intelligent buildout).  

Anyway, think of it this way.... Blockchain wants to BE the new Fiat VISA.  They also want to be the New Federal Reserve System, and the New Inetrantional Monetary Fund.  They decide all the macro economic decisions as to how the currency works, they design the blueprints that run all the transactions.  I realize it is Open Source but they also have the jump on Industry.  They not only want the biggest piece of the pie, they want to dictate exactly what kind of pie can be baked.

If you don't like Coinbase, then you can't possibly like Blockstream's solution.   The difference with the Coinbase/XT solution is that Yes, their model is supported, but also Blockstream's Lightning is, and buying coffee.  Blockstream is just arrogant.
keepdoing

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:31:19 AM

My question is, what will happen with coinbase in the future when it comes to them processing transactions?  Our company is working on an agreement with them to get our transactions confirmed quickly when we open up in the near future and I am afraid this may have some interference with that.  What do you think about this concern?
I do not understand exactly what your concern is.  Coinbase is the most diversely functional Exchange on the planet.  What is "THIS may have"?
keepdoing

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:40:13 AM

My question is, what will happen with coinbase in the future when it comes to them processing transactions?  Our company is working on an agreement with them to get our transactions confirmed quickly when we open up in the near future and I am afraid this may have some interference with that.  What do you think about this concern?
I do not understand exactly what your concern is.  Coinbase is the most diversely functional Exchange on the planet.  What is "THIS may have"?
PS... just what kind of company do you have, that you are "working on an agreement with them to get our transactions confirmed quickly when we open up in the near future".  What kind of volume?  What size transactions?  How quickly do you need?  
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:48:38 AM

This news is really impacting coinbase's reputation in bitcoin community. But IMO they are just testing it. If they further implement it, they will kill themself since the xt is losing majority's suports and xt network is only clone. They should know the risk.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: