Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:49:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockstream - Officially #REKT  (Read 440 times)
keepdoing (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:30:13 PM

Blockstream - Officially #REKT

I am trying so hard not to be as petty as some, but in the end I am only human, and must admit I would find some perverse and ironic joy in the above coming true.  

Mike Hearn is an arrogant a$$ who saw very clearly the problem, but was biased, controlled, and basically tried to shove something down the throats of the bitcoin community.  But honestly, it is the Blockstream idiots that have done the most damage, and I think people are starting to see through the selfish BS.

Mike was on to something, but didn't have the patience or political finesse to get it right.  I hope and believe Gavin (and some others) learned something from the process and are in a position to lead/fix things now.  But unfortunately if the Core Dev can't get rid of the biased rot that has infected the process,  and make a healthy decision - we may end up with XT after all, or Fiat Coin maybe (because this toxic, hopeless standoff is simply preparing the path for a Fiat Coin to arise and be accepted by mainstream.)

I actually LIKE the whole Lightening/Blockstream approach as PART of the whole eventual infrastructure..... but I have grown to HATE the players.  Selfish, lazy, entitled little sh!ts that believe they get everything handed to them.  We'd be trading the old bankers for just a new breed of bankers.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:33:41 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2015, 08:59:54 PM by Peter R

Tbd

But I suspect the fall of Blockstream Core draws near.

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:44:00 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2015, 09:49:17 PM by keepdoing

Tbd

But I suspect the fall of Blockstream Core draws near.
I sincerely hope you are right.  There does seem to be a change in the wind.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:54:52 PM

Selfish, lazy, entitled little sh!ts that believe they get everything handed to them.

Your expecting intelligent conversations yet you propose that the people responsible for most of the Bitcoin code that's been churned out in the last year and a half are lazy.

Sigh  Undecided

I guess this is the sort of reactions panic breeds

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 09:45:06 PM

Selfish, lazy, entitled little sh!ts that believe they get everything handed to them.

Your expecting intelligent conversations yet you propose that the people responsible for most of the Bitcoin code that's been churned out in the last year and a half are lazy.

Sigh  Undecided

I guess this is the sort of reactions panic breeds

Yes.  Lazy.  And arrogant.  Don't forget arrogant.  Let me explain....

It is an entitled mindset.  They wrote a little code.  You think that entitles you to have the best seat at the GLOBAL (as in Entire Earth) Financial Table?  You think you are entitled to the best seat because you did a little, maybe even a lot?

Consider....

* You've got 3rd Party Developers building out the infrastructure - working just as hard as any in many cases, but with less reward.
* You've got the miners, locked into high cost eternal hardware wars - and they don't whine nearly as much as Blockstream insiders/supporters.
* You've got the Exchanges, taking regulatory risks, hacker risks, building out the user base.  None of them expect global domination (although I wouldn't trust any one of them with a Commit spot either).
* You've got the average Joe's who are the little engines that could... building out the infrastructure, buying, saving, investing in, and spending their bitcoins.
* You've got the banks spending hundreds of millions on integrating the blockchain into the global financial structure, setting the stage for a bitcoin/fintech rennassance.

But I still wouldn't trust any of them with a seat at the final decision table.  And I definitely wouldn't trust anyone at that table that was egotistical enough to actually BELIEVE they deserved a spot.  A spot at the Commit table is a Responsibility, NOT a Reward.   And not understanding the difference is an automatic disqualifier.

And I assure you I am not panicked.  If their is an XT Fork I will throw some Bitcoin onto one chain and more on another (most on XT I think), and will immediately get some fiatcoin if that arises.  And if/when the global network goes down in several years - I will hug my stack of gold & silver.  And if bitcoin fails, the economy doesn't crash, then I will keep working my job, living in my house, enjoying my life and children, and spending my cash.

Panic!  LOL - you keep riding that same old one trick pony..... accusing others of FUD, Panic.  It's you that is worried.  You're the naked ones on stage, and more and more people are yelling out of the crowd out, "The Blockstream Players have no clothes!"

And people who once laughed are now starting to get impatient and disgusted with your act.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: