Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:04:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Thoughts on the Bitcoin Foundation  (Read 1738 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:27:36 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2016, 02:01:53 AM by franky1

my 5 minute idea in visual form

description of above
the main post of topic has its voting linked in the subcategory. and also the links for things like github, irc, litehouse (which only show if the author adds links)
below the authors post is the sub-discussion area where people can vote up and down the sub comments.

description of above
the links in the list make the built in player play the video selected.
(yea i havnt thought through how to display the links in a more user friendly way.. but you can always get idea's from how vimeo, youtube or other place displays links

description of above
kind of self explanatory

yes it's ugly.. but all it takes is some alternative hybrid of a forum to let people come together and link idea's and help people get all the information they need

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:03:44 AM

my 5 minute idea in visual form

description of above
the main post of topic has its voting linked in the subcategory. and also the links for things like github, irc, litehouse (which only show if the author adds links)
below the authors post is the sub-discussion area where people can vote up and down the sub comments.

description of above
the links in the list make the built in player play the video selected.
(yea i havnt thought through how to display the links in a more user friendly way.. but you can always get idea's from how vimeo, youtube or other place displays links

description of above
kind of self explanatory

yes it's ugly.. but all it takes is some alternative hybrid of a forum to let people come together and link idea's and help people get all the information they need

coinsortium.org is available unless you're set on creating an organization with 'con' in it. Just saying.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:15:08 AM

im not set on anything.. i thought we were just pushing idea's to the OP, who will hopefully have some funds after an audit, to implement.

but personally. coinsortium sounds better. but i just wanted to make a quick logo to say its a consortium not a foundation

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 10:34:05 AM

im not set on anything.. i thought we were just pushing idea's to the OP, who will hopefully have some funds after an audit, to implement.

but personally. coinsortium sounds better. but i just wanted to make a quick logo to say its a consortium not a foundation

Word! Let's raise the $1,500 needed to purchase coinsortium.com using master-P as escrow.  Roll Eyes
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 10:46:29 AM

Word! Let's raise the $1,500 needed to purchase coinsortium.com using master-P as escrow.  Roll Eyes

lol you do make me laugh.

im sure the OP can collect fnds after the audit from the crumbs left behind that brock forgot to raid

but on a separate note
i thought you would be more concerned that any downvoting (due to offtopic) would mean your gleb pseudonym would eventually get banned from coinsortium, where as your Phineas Gage pseudonym will get all the glory for all the community projects it proposes

Al the Alpaca

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 11:01:59 AM

lol you do make me laugh.

im sure the OP can collect fnds after the audit from the crumbs left behind that brock forgot to raid

but on a separate note
i thought you would be more concerned that any downvoting (due to offtopic) would mean your gleb pseudonym would eventually get banned from coinsortium, where as your Phineas Gage pseudonym will get all the glory for all the community projects it proposes

While ridin' a white alpaca to the seven corners of the globe.

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 11:29:46 AM

We don't need the Bitcoin Foundation.
The attempt of Brock Pierce to repare it's reputation is a waste of time imo
and will burn more money which can be used more reasonable.
I see absolutely no reason for this thing to exist.

i agree the current conception of the foundation is not needed..

but imagine something completely different.

a forum-esq platform. where it links businesses, programmers, idea's together, where people can make crowdfunding proposals, or labour sourcing proposals, and also includes the tutorial, development courses and howto guides all in one place.... without the trolling and sig-campaigns this forum is bloating with.

where each 'topic' has a IRC chatlink so people can informally discuss it and only use the forum posts for more official information.

imagine it like combining this forum, with lighthouse(kickstarter) with each topic having an IRC chatroom.. where the forum topics and categories are organised and more professional..

Are you talking about the new forum that theymos promised will be released soon?  Roll Eyes

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 11:41:12 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2016, 07:25:48 PM by franky1

Are you talking about the new forum that theymos promised will be released soon?  Roll Eyes

im talking about something that is more then just this troll forum.

something more professional that actually has proper content and organization where people dont need to google about bitcoin because everything is available to be found in the consortium. (coinsortium)
like business listings where people can easily find the so called 120,000 bitcoin accepting business
like tutorials, where each bitcoin client (multibit, bitcoin core, etc) have guides on how to use it (especially backing up privkeys and the importance for noobs to do it)
like courses that teach you how to code bitcoin.. whether its c++ bitcoin-core code or other projects like Nbitcoin which can be used with many programming languages
like job listings
like ATM locations
like bitcoin statistics
like crowdfunding
like project development

basically everything related to blockchain technology

for instance, many people on this forum ask "how to earn bitcoin".. this forum has several dozens topics asking this. and 90% of responses are to raid faucets and do sig campaigns..
thats stupid and the equivalent to going to an employment centre and they tell you to go begging on the street for pennies or stand on the street holding up someones advertisement.. you know.. not a real way to earn money

by having a more professional go-to place that has proper job listings, and listings of drop-shippers/manufacturers that accept bitcoin, it can easily be shown how people can set up businesses or get interviewed for proper jobs

and having all of it available in multiple native languages for international use, not just the yanks

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 12:34:26 PM

They should get legit people like Andreas and Trace Mayers, but then again, those people are former members of the foundation, which ultimately makes it impossible that they would come back again, so you would need to find new talent, and then make all the money movements that go in and out of the foundation transparent int the blockchain.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 06:43:09 PM

im talking about something that is more then just this troll forum.

something more professional that actually has proper content and organization where people dont need to google about bitcoin because everything is available to be found in the consortium. (coinsortium)
like business listings where people can easily find the so called 120,000 bitcoin accepting business
like tutorials, where each bitcoin client (multibit, bitcoin core, etc) have guides on how to use it (especially backing up privkeys and the importance for noobs to do it)
like courses that teach you how to code bitcoin.. whether its full c++ bitcoin-core code or other projects like Nbitcoin which can be used with a variety of languages
like job listings
like ATM locations
like bitcoin statistics
like crowdfunding
like project development

basically everything related to Bitcoin cryptocurrency

for instance, many people on this forum ask "how to earn bitcoin".. this forum has several dozens topics asking this. and 90% of responses are to raid faucets and do sig campaigns..
thats stupid and the equivalent to going to an employment centre and they tell you to go begging on the street for pennies or stand on the street holding up someones advertisement.. you know.. not a real way to earn money

by having a more professional go-to place that has proper job listings, and listings of drop-shippers/manufacturers that accept bitcoin, it can easily be shown how people can set up businesses or get interviewed for proper jobs

And available in hundreds of languages.

I added a couple things.
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:14:28 PM

I say let them fade into insignificance. Why they were ever created is beyond me.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:24:50 PM

basically everything related to Bitcoin cryptocurrencyblockchain technology

by having a more professional go-to place that has proper job listings, and listings of drop-shippers/manufacturers that accept bitcoin, it can easily be shown how people can set up businesses or get interviewed for proper jobs[/size]

And available in hundreds of languages.

I added a couple things.

agreed, though edited to get the right terminology (crypto is such old school word for blockchain)

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:27:30 PM

I say let them fade into insignificance. Why they were ever created is beyond me.

Rumor has it that it was started by a non-paid coder holding tons of bitcoins who devised a unique way to get paid for his coding, then a bright lawyer came along offering up his services for virtually equal pay as the once non-paid coder so to make it look legal and all so to garner thousands of paying members so that others in the org would also get paid for their transparent services, including at least one of the team offering up a million-dollar party in Amsterdam to celebrate the noble creation, charging a fee to any others who wanted to attend and hear people speak, or watch them roll over and play fetch.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:43:48 PM

Let's take this decentralized freedom money designed to destabilize the banking industry and government control and place it in the hands of a few manipulators to control for their own gain. A rose by any other name would smell like The Bitcoin Foundation.

No one needs to promote Bitcoin other than those businesses that are making money using it. There does not need to be a central organization by any name that can be attacked by governments. If you're using Bitcoin for illegal onion network trafficking then you deal with the advertising and ramifications for that kind of business. If you're using Bitcoin to run a legal currency exchange in your country then you deal with the licensing and advertisement for that kind of business.

Bitcoin doesn't need its own version of NACHA (the electronic payments organization). Regardless of what kind of cornysortum, foundation, fan club or knitting circle you set up it will be inadequate in at least half of the countries of the world that we hope Bitcoin will be used. The Bitcoin Foundation did perform one very important function. It showed what a bullshit idea and collective circle jerk Bitcoin organizations become.

jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:58:04 PM

Rumor has it that it was started by a non-paid coder holding tons of bitcoins who devised a unique way to get paid for his coding, then a bright lawyer came along offering up his services for virtually equal pay as the once non-paid coder so to make it look legal and all so to garner thousands of paying members so that others in the org would also get paid for their transparent services, including at least one of the team offering up a million-dollar party in Amsterdam to celebrate the noble creation, charging a fee to any others who wanted to attend and hear people speak, or watch them roll over and play fetch.

Ok, interesting. I always found it odd that the original group who created a decentralized system immediately decided to make a centralized body to oversee it. It seemed contrary to the initial technology. I found myself somewhat boggled when I learned about the nature of bitcoin and then found out there was a foundation. A centralized authority is always subject to being taken over and corrupted. And that was exactly what happened.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 08:02:39 PM

Let's take this decentralized freedom money designed to destabilize the banking industry and government control and place it in the hands of a few manipulators to control for their own gain. A rose by any other name would smell like The Bitcoin Foundation.

No one needs to promote Bitcoin other than those businesses that are making money using it. There does not need to be a central organization by any name that can be attacked by governments. If you're using Bitcoin for illegal onion network trafficking then you deal with the advertising and ramifications for that kind of business. If you're using Bitcoin to run a legal currency exchange in your country then you deal with the licensing and advertisement for that kind of business.

Bitcoin doesn't need its own version of NACHA (the electronic payments organization). Regardless of what kind of cornysortum, foundation, fan club or knitting circle you set up it will be inadequate in at least half of the countries of the world that we hope Bitcoin will be used. The Bitcoin Foundation did perform one very important function. It showed what a bullshit idea and collective circle jerk Bitcoin organizations become.

i 99.999% agree with you.. but then noobs and interested people end up having to rely on google for misinformation or this forum/reddit for trolling.. i still think that there needs to be a go-to place for information and idea's beyond what this forum can offer.. but yes without any circle jerking office workers with glittery name badges.
im not interested in any 'authority' or 'governing' but just a resource for people to then get signposted in the direction of whatever bitcoin interests they have, where the users are in control of what they do or dont do

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 08:08:45 PM

i 99.999% agree with you.. but then noobs and interested people end up having to rely on google for misinformation or this forum/reddit for trolling.. i still think that there needs to be a go-to place for information and idea's beyond what this forum can offer.. but yes without any circle jerking office workers with glittery name badges.
im not interested in any 'authority' or 'governing' but just a resource for people to then get signposted in the direction of whatever bitcoin interests they have, where the users are in control of what they do or dont do

An info site could be set up and maintained by this forum using donated or advertising money to do it instead of wasting the money on this "new forum" I've been hearing about for two plus years.

charleshoskinson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 10:23:14 PM

Thoughts are now on Let's Talk Bitcoin

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/how-to-save-or-destroy-the-bitcoin-foundation

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 02:03:37 AM

Change one of the pics to the one above, then it's golden.  Grin
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP