Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:59:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Escrow Question  (Read 751 times)
viking02 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:21:30 PM

I have bitcoins.  I want Bank of America online transfer.  However i read BoA transfers can easily be reversed.  I also know that many other methods like paypal are not safe etc.

I read about escrow.  First off, how does that work?  I have done that before but in a poker forum where i transfer funds to a guy... then once he receive it, then the other person who would send me funds would be notified the escrow received it... then they send me the funds... then escrow send my funds to the other guy.

First off, if escrow is used for bitcoins, does that mean its 100 percent safe?  And how many escrows are there here?  Its a person right?

How much fees does an escrow charge?  Is it based on the amt being traded such as a percentage no matter what?  I assume its not a flat rate right?

If i do this, does that mean the BoA online transfer i receive will be coming from the escrows boa account or the other party's boa account?  Because if its other party, then couldn't it still be reversed if its deemed to be fraud or they say it wasn't them etc?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bought

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 06:23:25 PM

I have bitcoins.  I want Bank of America online transfer.  However i read BoA transfers can easily be reversed.  I also know that many other methods like paypal are not safe etc.

I read about escrow.  First off, how does that work?  I have done that before but in a poker forum where i transfer funds to a guy... then once he receive it, then the other person who would send me funds would be notified the escrow received it... then they send me the funds... then escrow send my funds to the other guy.

First off, if escrow is used for bitcoins, does that mean its 100 percent safe?  And how many escrows are there here?  Its a person right?

How much fees does an escrow charge?  Is it based on the amt being traded such as a percentage no matter what?  I assume its not a flat rate right?

If i do this, does that mean the BoA online transfer i receive will be coming from the escrows boa account or the other party's boa account?  Because if its other party, then couldn't it still be reversed if its deemed to be fraud or they say it wasn't them etc?

First of all, wrong section.
Everything related with escrowing can be found on this thread; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=21544.0

List of escrows can be founds here; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37805.0

Valuntinam

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 09:16:12 AM

Even if you use escrow, your transaction (BOA) can be reversed later. So it is difficult to trade with reversible payment method.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 10:34:30 AM

what ever you are doing but now adays escrow service is also not safe as recently one of the oldest escrow has cheated and ranaway with the escrow money and more lending he has done is defaulted, so before any transaction you do just check with it 100 times,

SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 12:43:22 PM

I have bitcoins.  I want Bank of America online transfer.  However i read BoA transfers can easily be reversed.  I also know that many other methods like paypal are not safe etc.

I read about escrow.  First off, how does that work?  I have done that before but in a poker forum where i transfer funds to a guy... then once he receive it, then the other person who would send me funds would be notified the escrow received it... then they send me the funds... then escrow send my funds to the other guy.

First off, if escrow is used for bitcoins, does that mean its 100 percent safe?  And how many escrows are there here?  Its a person right?

How much fees does an escrow charge?  Is it based on the amt being traded such as a percentage no matter what?  I assume its not a flat rate right?

If i do this, does that mean the BoA online transfer i receive will be coming from the escrows boa account or the other party's boa account?  Because if its other party, then couldn't it still be reversed if its deemed to be fraud or they say it wasn't them etc?

There are many good escrows at the moment in forum which most of them do not charge any fees.
Even though there some that charge, it is a small amount like 1% or a minimum of 0.01BTC
Escrow is a real person and not a (ro)bot, nothing is 100% safe but we should trust them if we want to use their service.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 03:33:54 PM

There are many good escrows at the moment in forum which most of them do not charge any fees.
Even though there some that charge, it is a small amount like 1% or a minimum of 0.01BTC
Escrow is a real person and not a (ro)bot, nothing is 100% safe but we should trust them if we want to use their service.

ya that is true that nothing is believable , even after master-p escrow scam, still you can believe some escrow persons but what ever you have to be somewhat carefull in what ever situation.

else if you have to contact the person whom you want to deal and have some more mutual understanding and come out with result.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 04:03:59 PM

All reversible transaction is very risky to buy bitcoin like crypto and also with escrow it can be charged back later. Boa also seems to be like paypal and skrill transaction, reversible one so it is very risky better find some local guy who can accept local bank deposit.
viking02 (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 03:54:42 AM

where is the details on this escrow that scammed?

ya that is true that nothing is believable , even after master-p escrow scam, still you can believe some escrow persons but what ever you have to be somewhat carefull in what ever situation.

else if you have to contact the person whom you want to deal and have some more mutual understanding and come out with result.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
viking02 (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 03:54:56 AM

where is the details of escrow that scammed?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 04:05:42 AM

trusting a person is nowdays bexame very risky i was thinking about something different lets make programms to handle escrow servic like in localbitcoin we can trust machines more than any humans right . like a atm . machine cannot run with your money . he will complete the servic without any greed no matter how much amount will be it will do its servic till people give the escrow fees. it will be like a slot machine you can play it when you really put a coin in it . we can set a small fees like 0.02% from the dealing or any fixed amount and to avoid sql injections i told this here so some professonal programmers can build it insted i do
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:40:40 AM

where is the details of escrow that scammed?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301.0

i was thinking, if an escrow need money disperately to solve a big issue in his family, or for his own health

it can lead to the situation were he can scam, and would you blame it?
Oh My Rig!

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:40:41 PM

If i may add two cents, personal escrow transactions may be really risky as for now you have to datamine a lots of info about that person, then be fully assured that this is exactly him/her, because you never know is there some kind of identity thieft or not. Overall too much care for simple operation that ready to be automated by services rising up each and every day here and there. In fact, sorry that i talking not about exactly your case, but Etherium was developed to build an automated escrow services as well. So i am pretty sure that they are already exist, only question of first positive feedback about at least one that someone will search out:-).
Oh My Rig!

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:55:39 PM

trusting a person is nowdays bexame very risky i was thinking about something different lets make programms to handle escrow servic like in localbitcoin we can trust machines more than any humans right . like a atm . machine cannot run with your money . he will complete the servic without any greed no matter how much amount will be it will do its servic till people give the escrow fees. it will be like a slot machine you can play it when you really put a coin in it . we can set a small fees like 0.02% from the dealing or any fixed amount and to avoid sql injections i told this here so some professonal programmers can build it insted i do

Well hope there will not be same chance of lose for your bet like in the real slot machines LOL:-). But you right for 100% - ESCROW is the main function in the roadmap of crypto to be fully automation, there is no way for the crypto to expand and be competitive if there will be no ESCROW that you can trust 100%++
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: