Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:59:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **Download the blockchain here, updated regularly **  (Read 97637 times)
joe5591

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:28:06 PM

re- #142.  Yes it did come back online and I did successfully download and unzip the bootstrap.dat but the website appears compromised again.  I can't submit a comment without getting "captcha timed out".

I have a query about configuring the file on my Raspberry Pi 3B running UbuntuMATE with bitcoind and an attached 375GB PiDrive SSD.  I was expecting a folder/file tree to open up on decompression - blocks, chainstate, debug, mempool.dat, etc, etc.  So how does this work?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lankyman

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:41:12 PM

might be related since it is forked, but i would kike to run a full node of bitcoin gold, but dont want to download 150 gigs of data.
can i use a blockchain i have which is 90 gigs from a previous time i saved my bitcoin blockchain ?
PatrickMacH

Activity: 442
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:09:34 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 04:53:55 AM by PatrickMacH

Bitcoin Blockchain Download [bootstrap.dat]

About
Code:
block date:     Fr. 17 Nov. 2017 15:15:51
block number:   #494800
file name:      bootstrap.dat.xz
file size:      ~93 GB [94,590 MB]
file format:    compressed xz (containing bootstrap.dat)
uncompressed:   ~133 GB

Indexed with Bitcoin Core v0.14.2 on Linux (4.4.0 x64) platform.

What's new
The compression format has been updated to xz which allows the decompression of the bootstrap.dat file while downloading it. If you are an expert you can use system pipes to inject the highly compressed serialized Bitcoin blockchain bootstrap.dat to the Bitcoin Core initial blockchain loadup process.

Setup
Move the decompressed bootstrap.dat into your Bitcoin Core application folder and (re)start your Bitcoin Core client:
  • Unix/Linux: ~/.bitcoin
  • MAC OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin/
  • Windows: [User Directory]AppDataRoamingBitcoin (i.e. C:UsersMyUsernameAppDataRoamingBitcoin

If you don't know how it works you can check the details on the download page.
Beware that after decompressing the XY file, you need additional ~140 GB to import the bootstrap file!

Download
--- https://goo.gl/gdHA8S ---

Hint
This is a private hosted download. To scope the hosting costs the download page requires a donation of whatever amount is suitable for you.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin] following the spirit of the age,
you have to follow the edge of technology
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:39:01 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 04:52:35 AM by PatrickMacH

About
Code:
block date:     Mo. 04 Dec. 2017 19:26:27
block number:   #497600
file name:      bootstrap.dat.xz
file size:      ~95 GB [96,852 MB]
file format:    compressed xz (containing bootstrap.dat)
uncompressed:   ~136 GB

Indexed with Bitcoin Core v0.15.1 on Linux (4.4.0 x64) platform.

What's new
The compression format has been updated to xz which allows the decompression of the bootstrap.dat file while downloading it. If you are an expert you can use system pipes to inject the highly compressed serialized Bitcoin blockchain bootstrap.dat to the Bitcoin Core initial blockchain loadup process.

Setup
Move the decompressed bootstrap.dat into your Bitcoin-Core application folder and (re)start your Bitcoin-Qt client:
  • Windows: [User Directory]AppDataRoamingBitcoin (i.e. C:UsersMyUsernameAppDataRoamingBitcoin

Beware that after decompressing the XY file, you need additional ~140 GB to import the bootstrap file!

Import performance tuning (optional)
Instead of moving the bootstrap.dat file into your Bitcoin-Core application folder you can use the command line option:
Code:
-loadblock=[path_to_your_bootstrap.dat_file]
For best import performance load the bootstrap.dat file from a second drive to optimize i/o load during import. Using an external USB3 drive is fine for that task.

To further speed up the import consider increasing the DB-cache of Bitcoin-Core, i. e. 6 GB using the command line option:
Code:
-dbcache=6144

Download

Hint
This is a private hosted download. To scope the hosting costs the download page requires a donation of whatever amount is suitable for you.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
sasa0220

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 06:41:52 AM

Is there a place to download bitcoingold blockchain? 
maco144

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:26:55 PM

Is there going to be a January update soon?
themaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:54:48 AM

Is there going to be a January update soon?
It's there now.

Binance Account - Get 10% discount on fees!
Don't you have a Binance account yet?
Register using this referral link and get a 10% discount on fees for all your trades!
GetBlock

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 12:08:09 PM

Hi, save to use torrend? https://getbitcoin[Suspicious link removed]/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1930218.0

Thx

Yes it's safe
GetBlock

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 12:19:21 PM

Instead of mandatory payments for password-protected files, like in the examples above, better simply download one for free here: getbitcoinblockchain . com

Fresh blockchain + daily update torrents. Just unpack the contents from the first, bigger blockchain-directory to .bitcoin and then merge it with the updates from the second torrent.

I'm running my node on a raspberry pi 3  Cool

But you should send a tip to the website maintainer.  Smiley

Your welcome  Cool

PatrickMacH

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:26:57 AM

About
Code:
block date:     We. 31 Dec. 2017 14:52:19
block number:   #501900
file name:      bootstrap.dat.xz
file size:      ~98 GB [100,183 MB]
file format:    compressed xz (containing bootstrap.dat)
uncompressed:   ~140 GB

What's new

Setup
Move the decompressed bootstrap.dat into your Bitcoin-Core application folder and (re)start your Bitcoin-Qt client:

Instead of moving the bootstrap.dat file into your Bitcoin-Core application folder you can use the command line option:
Code:
For best import performance load the bootstrap.dat file from a second drive to optimize i/o load during import. Using an external USB3 drive is fine for that task.

To further speed up the import consider increasing the DB-cache of Bitcoin-Core, i. e. 6 GB using the command line option:
Code:
-dbcache=6144

Download

Hint

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
Khilborn

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:30:37 PM

So we have to donate money in order to get the blockchain?
cake101

Activity: 125
Merit: 11

Get your share of the future!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:47:34 AM

whats the updated size of this wallet?? 47GB when in 2015.. I downloaded it and I'm at 9years and 5 weeks back!! whew! any tips?
PatrickMacH

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:53:16 AM

About
Code:
block date:     February 02, 2018 03:19:57
block number:   #507200
file size:      ~102 GB [104,269 MB]
uncompressed:   ~140 GB

What's new

Setup

Code:

Code:
-dbcache=6144

Download

Hint

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
Verona25

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:50:20 PM

Accordingly, to get more metal than there is in nature impossibility. And also it needs to be mined. Now there is a turnover of bitcoins worth more than 2 billion.
jimmybt

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:07:51 PM

Instead of mandatory payments for password-protected files, like in the examples above, better simply download one for free here: getbitcoinblockchain . com

Fresh blockchain + daily update torrents. Just unpack the contents from the first, bigger blockchain-directory to .bitcoin and then merge it with the updates from the second torrent.

I'm running my node on a raspberry pi 3  Cool

But you should send a tip to the website maintainer.  Smiley

Your welcome  Cool

Hi,

I downloaded the BC from getbitcoin[Suspicious link removed] for my raspi node. First of all thank you so much for this.
The issue I had is that I had to reindex the whole stuff because the blockchain loading was not straightforward and the process is taking very long. Did I miss something or is this a mandatoryry step?

Thanks again
PatrickMacH

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:26:51 AM

About
Code:
block date:     Wed. 13 Jun. 2018 01:14:13
block number:   #527200
file size:      ~114 GB [116,056 MB]
uncompressed:   ~145 GB

Indexed with Bitcoin Core v0.16.0 on Linux (4.4.0 x64) platform.

What's new

Setup
Move the decompressed bootstrap.dat into your Bitcoin Core application folder and (re)start your Bitcoin Core client:

Download

Hint

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
Philomena86

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 01:52:50 AM

thank you very much, i have downloaded this update about.
blockdata.space

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:11:59 PM

I've created a website dedicated to distributing various blockchains, BTC being being one of the first. I've rented a few cheapo servers to seed the torrents and I've been able to max standard cable internet connections with it.

https://blockdata.space/

A slight difference here is that each chain has a software version (currently 0.16.3 at the time of writing) so that there is no extract or import step.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:22:03 PM

i dont know about this, can anybode tell me what is this? if i download it, can i access blockchain offline? and what happens next? i don't under stand with it. what is the benefit im downloading that file?

PatrickMacH

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:28:29 PM

About
Code:
block date:     Sun., 25. Okt. 2018 19:58:33
block number:   #547300
file size:      125 GB [127,749M MB]
uncompressed:   176 GB [180,026 MB]

Indexed with Bitcoin Core v0.16.1 on Linux (4.4.0 x64) platform.

What's new

Setup

Beware that after decompressing the XY file, you need additional ~220 GB to import the bootstrap file!

Download

Hint

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: