Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:57:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Xapo is a fraud  (Read 6675 times)
bithluma (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:35:14 AM

I open two accounts with Xapo the other one was for my wife, and what happened is i received 3 bitcoins on mine for the first time and the second time i was expecting $40 when i checked i found out that my wallet address has been changed that means i have lost $40 and the worst is i'm expecting $520 to the very same address and there is nothing i can do to change that so i'm going to loose $520. The same thing happened to my wife's wallet, and this one is fanny because my wife expected five payments and she received three payments on that address and they saw that it's active and it receiving money and they changed it and gave her a new address so she lost the last two payments
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:37:13 AM

I open two accounts with Xapo the other one was for my wife, and what happened is i received 3 bitcoins on mine for the first time and the second time i was expecting $40 when i checked i found out that my wallet address has been changed that means i have lost $40 and the worst is i'm expecting $520 to the very same address and there is nothing i can do to change that so i'm going to loose $520. The same thing happened to my wife's wallet, and this one is fanny because my wife expected five payments and she received three payments on that address and they saw that it's active and it receiving money and they changed it and gave her a new address so she lost the last two payments

have you talk with their customer client?
sounds bit strange… if they have "the private key" you don't lost anything...

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
nakedbitcoins

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

Nakedbitcoins.com !

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 08:37:43 AM

have you talk with their customer client?
sounds bit strange… if they have "the private key" you don't lost anything...

I was just thinking this very thing. Be curious to see.

bithluma (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:46:13 AM

I have a proof of this i now have two account lucky i have a picture of the first one and that they do if you send bitcoin from Xapo wallet to Xapo wallet they dont show the address it came from they just use your name. I sent them a message and they have not replied, and i tried to look for their phone number i couldn't find it.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:47:09 AM

i can not stress this too much, but people should really forget about online wallet altogether, and use bitcoin in your device, if you feel uncomfortable about virus and stuff like that

simply buy a dedicated mini server for the bitcoin client, on which you run only that
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:47:22 AM

I think you should move this thread to "Service Discussion". Pretty sure that's the right place this thread belongs to.
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

morir es descansar

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:49:49 AM

Im a xapo user and it never happened can you provide a ss for how this authentic and youre not just joking
bithluma (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 09:15:01 AM

I am trying to insect an image wish is a screen shot of the email i sent to the guy who sent me the first payment as it has the old wallet address and also the new wallet address that they gave me. but i'm failinghttp://
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 09:45:43 AM

That is lot of money! I recommend coinmotion.com its service what u can trust. Another what i can recommend is F-secure. (both are Finnish) Smiley

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 09:58:12 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2016, 09:05:17 AM by odolvlobo

...i checked i found out that my wallet address has been changed...

I don't know how Xapo works, but keep in mind that most bitcoin custodians have deposit addresses. You don't have a wallet address or even a your address. Most wallets and custodians change the address after each use. Your experience could be completely normal. Does Xapo say the money is in your account?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
tekno

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:15:23 AM

this wrote on my address section. why ppls dont read anything?

Xapo uses dynamic and multi-signature wallet addresses to keep your bitcoins safe. Your address will change with each transaction received, but you'll still receive all payments sent to your previous addresses! For more information, please visit our FAQ.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 11:28:07 AM

I am using Xapo wallet for the past 1 year and I've never had these issues like you mentioned. They never change the wallet address else even I would have never received my payments to the same address. My address is the same and I have received each and every payment in my wallet. Yes, they do not share the wallet addresses from where payments have been received and hence if a user doesn't have a note, I never even get to know from where the payment is. Except that, the wallet is safe.

this wrote on my address section. why ppls dont read anything?

Xapo uses dynamic and multi-signature wallet addresses to keep your bitcoins safe. Your address will change with each transaction received, but you'll still receive all payments sent to your previous addresses! For more information, please visit our FAQ.

Ok so they do change the wallet address but still we receive the payments sent to our earlier addresses.

tedmrogers

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:49:00 PM

Hi Bithluma -- as several members of the community mentioned, we follow the security best practice of creating a new "receiving" (or "deposit") address for each transaction.  All previous addresses are still linked to your wallet.
In case you have any trouble, I will message you directly with contact information.
Best regards,
Ted from Xapo
Open4lies

Activity: 552

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 03:09:17 PM

Really strange to hear that about Xapo... but i don't think they are scam

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
spiritual3

Activity: 299

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 03:32:11 PM

Even after our wallet ID changed, our old ID will work as usual.. there will be no such problem.. it is common in most of the online wallets. it is due to security reasons...
bithluma (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:56:42 AM

this what support said: (Hi Joshua,
Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry that you think we have stolen your wallet! I can assure you that we have definitely not taken anything from you. Let me see if I can explain a little bit more about our services so that you can understand Xapo better! Smiley
In regards to the address change, Xapo has implemented a cool feature where users have multi-sig Wallet addresses, as well as rotating bitcoin addresses. You may notice that your Xapo Wallet address starts with a 3 - this means that your address has more security! Also, your address will change every time you use it to receive a bitcoin payment. Don't worry, though - if you receive any payments to any previously used Xapo bitcoin addresses, the payments will still be delivered into your account! We do this to ensure privacy for our users by not having every transaction you make be publicly visible with one bitcoin address blush. Additionally, I just checked your account and I can see you transaction history and you still have funds in your Xapo Main wallet! To find your Xapo Wallet address, simply click on the "Wallet" button on the top of the page and select which wallet you'd like to view. Then click on the "My Address" button and you will then see a popup screen displaying your wallet address blush.
As for your wife, would you mind sending me her email so I can look into her account and see if anything is missing?
Thanks again for the feedback, and I hope this cleared some things up for you and your wife!
Get back to me on the details of your wife's account so we can look into what is happening with her account!
Best,
Hillary
P.S. Take a peak at our support page! You'll be able to get to know Xapo and our services!)

But i did what she said but still can't find my old address.
Gifted

Activity: 504
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:09:45 AM

i have used xapo for a year. They change your wallet address frequent but all old wallets still work. I have used the same wallet address for a year and ignore the rest. rest assure they are not cheating you. At the moment they are trying to make the wallet work better so we are not seeing certain aspects. (i know because i have helped with their  problems last month  with xapo not loading correctly). I believe xapo is a great wallet.
bithluma (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:20:31 AM

but why i can't find my old address. what i did now i created a new address after that i did what she said and i was able to see the one they created and the one i just created.

the fact is my old address with money is nowhere to be found.
bithluma (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:53:42 AM

this is the proof that Xapo is a Fraud, remember the $520 i was worried about it came through, i got it on the very same address that i can't find the very same address that i lost $40 from. after complains to support they some how sent the money through and the funny thing is i still can't see the old address and the money was not $520 but i received $ 510.

I believe they received the money on the old address and then sent me on my new address $510 and they kept $10 for them self. 
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:10:22 AM

this is the proof that Xapo is a Fraud...

You seem to be very confused. Perhaps if you try to understand how things work, you won't freak out as much.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: