Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:20:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 2012 1btc casascius for paypal  (Read 1166 times)
camolist (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 10:50:24 AM

testing the waters to see what demand is out there

bid in btc we will convert to usd at mtgox at time of payment

3 day auction ends 9am EST thursday

starting bid
1btc

bidding does not include shipping - you pay actual shipping costs from 44446 and can choose the method if you have a preference. for usps inside the us a small padded envelope tracked should be about $2

https://www.casascius.com/ has pictures and all the info about these coins - they have better pictures then i'll ever be able to take with a >5 year old digital camera or iphone but if anyone wants pictures taken by me i'll take the best i can do with that i have

because of the risk with paypal i am going to check bidders post history / otc if provided and make my decisions based on that

my otc rating page is http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=camolist and i recently sold 10 bfl singles here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=123558.0

if you would like to make your bid private please private message me and i'll include it into the thread

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2012, 10:35:42 PM

I'll open.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 09:18:31 PM

I'll open.

you might be getting a very cheap casascius coin if no one else shows up here :p

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 10:59:29 PM

I assume the hologram is still on and the coin is unused?
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 11:05:52 PM

Yup. I had a bulk purchase come through Saturday.

If you want pictures or the coin, or its  address I can provide that in a few hours when I get home

Have many of these all brand new and would be willing to sell for PayPal this auction is just my first test of demand

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 11:34:56 PM

Yup. I had a bulk purchase come through Saturday.

FWIW, I confirm this to be true.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2012, 11:41:03 PM

To add to that:

I get tons of people who would love to pay by paypal or credit card.  I am leery of PayPal since they actively seek to deny Bitcoin sales for PayPal, even physical bitcoin sales, but someone who used a Square credit card reader and shipped only to the confirmed address would probably be just fine.

I say I get tons of people who would love to pay with USD because not only do they ask me, but I get tons of orders where people fill out a totally legitimate name, address, e-mail, and phone, and order details, and abandon the order without paying, and I believe it's almost certainly because they don't clearly understand what "I accept only Bitcoin" means (not that they're stupid, they're just brand new to bitcoin, probably haven't learned much about it yet, want a physical one now, and are not accustomed to seeing merchants refuse to accept dollars as payment.)

Otherwise I can't imagine why someone who didn't really want to order would provide personal contact info (it isn't necessary to see a total price).  Thus, someone willing to accept CC for small quantities of coins would probably do well if I listed a referral on my site.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 08:42:32 PM

will be my last post till after the sale completes unless there are any further questions

shipping with delivery confirmation in the US will be  $2.80 (usps has limits of what you can add delivery confirmation to and the cheapest seems to be "large envelope" that does not bend)

highest bid is currently 1btc (at the moment about $13.50) plus $2.80 shipping for a coin that if purchased by itself at casascius.com would be 1.5 btc plus .4 btc shipping - plus you get to pay with credit/paypal

kasvag0r1an

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:41:20 AM

Sent you a pm.

I bid 2BTC, can pay you by BTC or Paypal.
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:00:35 AM

check your inbox camolist

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 02:38:45 PM

Sent you a pm.

I bid 2BTC, can pay you by BTC or Paypal.

auction is over

payment has been received and it will be getting shipped out this afternoon

keep an eye out in the goods section Smiley just finished verifying accounts at a few credit card processors

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: