Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 03:46:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] ROKOS [core] Bitcoin Full node OS| Raspberry Pi | Feedback/Discussion  (Read 19159 times)
sanitarium616

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:39:40 PM

I'm on my iPhone right now so I can't tell

Have you tried mounting the img (or rar which I have never heard someone call a zip file before this day) onto your sd card?

am used to working with .rar files so i'm in the habit of calling all compressed files rar files.

i have and it appears to work i was just wondering if it was just me that gets the error and if it has any effect in the actual .img file

It is an error as Windows is trying to read it as a file instead of an image and was made on linux (no real error), should have no issue at all with mounting to use with your Pi devices, you can always make sure your file is not corrupted by checking the SumCheck.

ok cool cheers i just wanted to make sure the file wasnt damaged somewhere in the download process

Awesome, let us know if you need further support, enjoy your ROKOS

trying to do the bitcoin 0.12 upgrade and it hangs on cxx libbitcoin_server_a-init.o, then i get the output:

g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cclplus)
please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.9/README.Bugs>for instructions.
Makefile:3771: recipe for target 'libbitcoin_server_a-init.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libbitcoin_server_a-init.o] Error 4
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/bitcoin/src'
Makefile:6904: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/bitcoin/src'
Makefile:641: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

i followed the instructions to the letter all the way up to make when i got this can you or anyone shed some light on what's happened and how i can rectify the errors?
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:56:39 PM

trying to do the bitcoin 0.12 upgrade and it hangs on cxx libbitcoin_server_a-init.o, then i get the output:

i followed the instructions to the letter all the way up to make when i got this can you or anyone shed some light on what's happened and how i can rectify the errors?

Hi, this are memory exhaust problems, please make sure you are not running other programs in ROKOS while doing the compilation,
also use "make" instead of "make -j2" and please make sure you have 1024 swap space (can check running in terminal: free -m )

with all the programs closed open a terminal and follow this improved steps

Code:
sync; echo 3 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches  (cleans Ram to prevent memory exhaustion issue if cached progs)

sudo apt-get install libevent-dev   (installs missing dependency)

git clone -b 0.12 https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin     (clones latest Bitcoin 0.12 source code to our Pi)

cd bitcoin       (we move to the new created directory)

export CPATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include"       (we link the db4.8 to the coming compilation, required each time, link live only for the session)

export LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib"    (we link the db4.8 to the coming compilation, required each time, link live only for the session)

./autogen.sh      (generates configuration/setup files)

./configure --enable-upnp-default --with-gui          (configures the BTC compilation with UPNP support and Graphical client)

make   (compile the bitcoin client/node)

sudo make install         (Installs the compiled Bitcoin files into our system)

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
sanitarium616

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 10:08:06 PM

Hi, this are memory exhaust problems, please make sure you are not running other programs in ROKOS while doing the compilation,
also use "make" instead of "make -j2" and please make sure you have 1024 swap space (can check running in terminal: free -m )

Code:
sync; echo 3 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches  (cleans Ram to prevent memory exhaustion issue if cached progs)

git clone -b 0.12 https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin     (clones latest Bitcoin 0.12 source code to our Pi)

export CPATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include"       (we link the db4.8 to the coming compilation, required each time, link live only for the session)

export LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib"    (we link the db4.8 to the coming compilation, required each time, link live only for the session)

./configure --enable-upnp-default --with-gui          (configures the BTC compilation with UPNP support and Graphical client)

how do i change the swap size?
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 10:22:42 PM

Code:

how do i change the swap size?

Use the following command to change the default swap size:

Code:
sudo nano /etc/dphys-swapfile

Make sure it reads CONF_SWAPSIZE=1024
Use the left/right arrow keys to navigate the file.
After change is done, press Ctrl+O followed by the Enter key to save the file.
Then, press Ctrl+X to exit the editor.

Use the following commands to enable the swap file with its new size:

Code:
sudo dphys-swapfile setup

sudo dphys-swapfile swapon

You can check the new active swap size with:  
Code:
free -m

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:08:48 AM

make -j2 takes ages on the Pi2, swapfile is at 1024 and no other apps running  Sad

is it possible to compile the 12 version on an Intel i3 Ubuntu machine and then copy it to and then run on the Pi2 ?
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:10:52 PM

make -j2 takes ages on the Pi2, swapfile is at 1024 and no other apps running  Sad

is it possible to compile the 12 version on an Intel i3 Ubuntu machine and then copy it to and then run on the Pi2 ?

That is the advantage of ROKOS including all of them already (every compilation in pi takes time), next ROKOS update will include 0.12 and will release the binary for the ones that do not want to update to the new ROKOS so they can just download and replace on their systems.

Your proposal can be done but you will need the ARM toolchain to do cross compilation, as if you compile it directly on the i3 system it wont work on Pi because the different processors architectures.

wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:02:23 PM

That is the advantage of ROKOS including all of them already (every compilation in pi takes time), next ROKOS update will include 0.12 and will release the binary for the ones that do not want to update to the new ROKOS so they can just download and replace on their systems.

Your proposal can be done but you will need the ARM toolchain to do cross compilation, as if you compile it directly on the i3 system it wont work on Pi because the different processors architectures.

Thanks for your answer. I started MAKE on the Pi2 and MAKE -j2 but the system hangs after 5 or 10 minutes and it doesn't make anymore. I will try to run the MAKE command when I start the system without GUI, if that is possible, have to find out how to do that.

Or else I will wait for the update. I want to run the fullnode 0.12 without prune option.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:57:18 PM

make -j2 takes ages on the Pi2, swapfile is at 1024 and no other apps running  Sad

Thanks for your answer. I started MAKE on the Pi2 and MAKE -j2 but the system hangs after 5 or 10 minutes and it doesn't make anymore. I will try to run the MAKE command when I start the system without GUI, if that is possible, have to find out how to do that.

Or else I will wait for the update. I want to run the fullnode 0.12 without prune option.

It might seem unresponsive but it is compiling as long as it does not throw out an error, with MAKE takes about 4-5 hours to do so, using MAKE -J2 speeds the process to half so about 2-3 hrs of work.

Hope you can get it done, else will be sharing the binaries so ROKOS v4 users could just replace them then instead of compiling or updating ROKOS if they already have set up the system to their prefferences.

wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:09:01 PM

make -j2 takes ages on the Pi2, swapfile is at 1024 and no other apps running  Sad

It might seem unresponsive but it is compiling as long as it does not throw out an error, with MAKE takes about 4-5 hours to do so, using MAKE -J2 speeds the process to half so about 2-3 hrs of work.

Hope you can get it done, else will be sharing the binaries so ROKOS v4 users could just replace them then instead of compiling or updating ROKOS if they already have set up the system to their prefferences.

I had systemmonitor running in the GUI and saw CPU dropping to 1% , 0% , 50% 100% and back to 0% and then systeem did respond to mouse or keyboard... Now I ran raspi-config, boot to console, restarted system and console made booted: started building (make -j2) and it already did more than when I did run it in a Terminal window in the GUI.  Grin should be finished when I wake next morning.

sanitarium616

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:50:25 PM

I have 0.12 up and running now
was using a wallet.dat file that i had backed up from when i had it running on windows and kept getting and error where it couldn't open the data base.
what I've done to rectify it so far is
-load bitcoin-qt with the wallet.dat file that has my addresses in
-went to the debug window and did the dumpprivkey <bitcoin address> for the addresses i wanted
-then closed bitcoin-qt
-went to where i was syncing the blockchain and deleted everything apart from the wallet file
-loaded bitcoin-qt again
-opened terminal and typed bitcoin-qt -salvagewallet
-went to the debug window and did the importprivkey <private key for addresses i wanted>
and so far so good i havent had the error pop up again
just thought i'd give an update
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:59:16 AM

my fullnode is now running on 0.12.0  Grin

This Linux Fullnode software/distro from ROKOS is rock solid awesome ! I send a donation to support this great software:
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/dec50ffa1109f75ad168f277a3207f5e128b9b15f3044ffd1208cbc863da557a
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:02:59 PM

I have 0.12 up and running now
was using a wallet.dat file that i had backed up from when i had it running on windows and kept getting and error where it couldn't open the data base.
what I've done to rectify it so far is
-load bitcoin-qt with the wallet.dat file that has my addresses in
-went to the debug window and did the dumpprivkey <bitcoin address> for the addresses i wanted
-then closed bitcoin-qt
-went to where i was syncing the blockchain and deleted everything apart from the wallet file
-loaded bitcoin-qt again
-opened terminal and typed bitcoin-qt -salvagewallet
-went to the debug window and did the importprivkey <private key for addresses i wanted>
and so far so good i havent had the error pop up again
just thought i'd give an update

Thanks for the feedback and support, it will surely help new users!

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:07:53 PM

my fullnode is now running on 0.12.0  Grin

This Linux Fullnode software/distro from ROKOS is rock solid awesome ! I send a donation to support this great software:
https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/dec50ffa1109f75ad168f277a3207f5e128b9b15f3044ffd1208cbc863da557a

Thank you very much for being part of the ROKOS project with your donation and support, very happy to hear your feedback,
thanks for building your Bitcoin fullnode also and hence supporting the BTC network, appreciated!
Enjoy your ROKOS Bitcoin fullnode.

Woodlock

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:27:07 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 12:46:21 AM by Woodlock

Am getting this message after I enter make:

checking miniupnpc/upnperrors.h usability... no
checking miniupnpc/upnperrors.h presence... no
checking for miniupnpc/upnperrors.h... no
checking for QT... no
checking for QT... no
configure: error: Qt dependencies not found
pi@raspberrypi:~/bin/bitcoin $ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:51:56 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 07:06:57 PM by OKtoshi

Am getting this message after I enter make:

checking miniupnpc/upnperrors.h usability... no
checking miniupnpc/upnperrors.h presence... no
checking for miniupnpc/upnperrors.h... no
checking for QT... no
checking for QT... no
pi@raspberrypi:~/bin/bitcoin $ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

You need to use a ROKOS system for all this instructions to work, This thread is for support for the ROKOS system.

Download a ROKOS v4, burn it to the microsd and all the instructions will work flawless.

lubah

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:01:59 PM

on banana pi pro - while executing ./configure --enable-upnp-default --with-gui 

I too am getting:

I followed the above to a T (including increasing the swap file size)
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:56:37 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 05:00:25 AM by OKtoshi

on banana pi pro - while executing ./configure --enable-upnp-default --with-gui  

I too am getting:

I followed the above to a T (including increasing the swap file size)

Previous Instructions are for the Raspberry pi 2 models,

for the banana pi pro model, add this 2 lines to the start of the same tutorial

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf libssl-dev libboost-dev libboost-chrono-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-thread-dev libtool libevent-dev -y

sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev qt4-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqrencode-dev -y

on configure use: ./configure --enable-upnp-default --with-gui=qt4

and will do the magic.

lubah

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:20:57 PM

still no luck w/ bpi pro

Code:
bananapi@rokos ~/bitcoin $ make -j2
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src'
  CXX    libbitcoinconsensus_la-hash.lo
  CXX    libbitcoinconsensus_la-pubkey.lo
  CXX    libbitcoinconsensus_la-uint256.lo
  CXX    libbitcoinconsensus_la-utilstrencodings.lo
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src/secp256k1'
gcc -I. -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-function -c src/gen_context.c -o gen_context.o
gcc gen_context.o -o gen_context
./gen_context
  CC     src/libsecp256k1_la-secp256k1.lo
  CXX    bitcoind-bitcoind.o
  CCLD   libsecp256k1.la
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src/secp256k1'
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-addrman.o
/tmp/ccwsAeRW.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccwsAeRW.s:9931: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccwsAeRW.s:9960: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccwsAeRW.s:9996: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-alert.o
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-bloom.o
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-chain.o
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-checkpoints.o
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-httprpc.o
/tmp/ccmaijli.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccmaijli.s:12013: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccmaijli.s:12042: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccmaijli.s:12078: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-httpserver.o
/tmp/ccOaVsWD.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccOaVsWD.s:12136: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccOaVsWD.s:12165: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccOaVsWD.s:12201: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-init.o
/tmp/cccbs9s8.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cccbs9s8.s:21046: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/cccbs9s8.s:21075: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/cccbs9s8.s:21111: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-dbwrapper.o
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-main.o
main.cpp: In function ‘bool AcceptToMemoryPoolWorker(CTxMemPool&, CValidationState&, const CTransaction&, bool, bool*, bool, bool, std::vector<uint256>&)’:
main.cpp:1115:38: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
main.cpp: In function ‘bool ProcessMessage(CNode*, std::string, CDataStream&, int64_t)’:
main.cpp:4876:90: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs> for instructions.
Makefile:3714: recipe for target 'libbitcoin_server_a-main.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libbitcoin_server_a-main.o] Error 4
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/tmp/ccRwEqbu.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccRwEqbu.s:34025: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccRwEqbu.s:34054: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccRwEqbu.s:34090: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src'
Makefile:6775: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src'
Makefile:576: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 08:51:22 PM

Sorry to hear and thanks for your feedback,

use only:   make             

instead of: make -j2

that will help, else

Will have to wait for the new rokos for bananapi which will come with 0.12

At the moment Im almost done with ROKOS v5 flavors for release the coming weekend (Pi2), after that comes the ROKOS core update for PI 2, then can work on the Bananapi images for next release.

still no luck w/ bpi pro

Code:
bananapi@rokos ~/bitcoin $ make -j2
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src'
  CXX    libbitcoinconsensus_la-hash.lo
  CXX    libbitcoinconsensus_la-pubkey.lo
  CXX    libbitcoinconsensus_la-uint256.lo
  CXX    libbitcoinconsensus_la-utilstrencodings.lo
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src/secp256k1'
gcc -I. -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-function -c src/gen_context.c -o gen_context.o
gcc gen_context.o -o gen_context
./gen_context
  CC     src/libsecp256k1_la-secp256k1.lo
  CXX    bitcoind-bitcoind.o
  CCLD   libsecp256k1.la
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src/secp256k1'
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-addrman.o
/tmp/ccwsAeRW.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccwsAeRW.s:9931: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccwsAeRW.s:9960: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccwsAeRW.s:9996: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-alert.o
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-bloom.o
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-chain.o
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-checkpoints.o
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-httprpc.o
/tmp/ccmaijli.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccmaijli.s:12013: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccmaijli.s:12042: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccmaijli.s:12078: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-httpserver.o
/tmp/ccOaVsWD.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccOaVsWD.s:12136: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccOaVsWD.s:12165: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccOaVsWD.s:12201: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-init.o
/tmp/cccbs9s8.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cccbs9s8.s:21046: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/cccbs9s8.s:21075: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/cccbs9s8.s:21111: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-dbwrapper.o
  CXX    libbitcoin_server_a-main.o
main.cpp: In function ‘bool AcceptToMemoryPoolWorker(CTxMemPool&, CValidationState&, const CTransaction&, bool, bool*, bool, bool, std::vector<uint256>&)’:
main.cpp:1115:38: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
main.cpp: In function ‘bool ProcessMessage(CNode*, std::string, CDataStream&, int64_t)’:
main.cpp:4876:90: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs> for instructions.
Makefile:3714: recipe for target 'libbitcoin_server_a-main.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libbitcoin_server_a-main.o] Error 4
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/tmp/ccRwEqbu.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccRwEqbu.s:34025: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccRwEqbu.s:34054: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
/tmp/ccRwEqbu.s:34090: Warning: swp{b} use is deprecated for ARMv6 and ARMv7
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src'
Makefile:6775: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/bananapi/bitcoin/src'
Makefile:576: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

lubah

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:45:38 AM

thanks - that did it -- 0.12.0 wallet is catching up now - 27 hrs behind at the moment ...

Love running a Full Node on a BananaPi!

You guys are awesome ---  where can I send tips?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: