Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:49:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to present BTC to Newbies ?  (Read 6062 times)
pocarime32

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:14:08 AM

tell them that bitcoin has a good prospects in the future, the price itself increase in 2016. and tell them you can earn bitcoin free and no need money to do it.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:14:22 AM

How to better explain bitcoin to people ?
Please give me some directions

Best Regards

The bitcoin video is quite some information I think. Video link @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

When they are done reading it, let them visit the bitcoin wiki @
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
mercistheman

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:02:03 AM

Keep it as simple as possible...
Include incentives for them...
A decentralized system is far more secure than a centralized database... you can reference the recent security breeches with:
1) Anthem Blue Cross (80 million patient and employee records, potentially exposing names, dates of birth, Social Security numbers, email addresses, employment information and income data).
2) Ebay February 2014...compromising customer names, encrypted passwords, email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers and dates of birth
3) JP morgan 2014... compromised usernames, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
4) Home Depot... 56 million credit card accounts and 53 million email addresses5
5) Significant others klike  Sony, Target, Global Payments Inc., Tricare, Citibank, Heartland etc

You can mention the limited supply vs. the Fed reserve printing money at any time.
Large growth potential with a solution for the 2 billion unbanked...  http://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/globalfindex.
Nearly 1 billion in recent VC investments including Wall Street mainstays like the New York Stock Exchange, Goldman Sachs and the Fortress Investment Group.
Bitcoin is out performing all fiat currencies for the last five year average.

That enough for now don't want to overwelm them :^)

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:41:47 AM

You definitely have to relate to the person who you're trying to explain Bitcoin too... If they are someone who likes anonymity, you should be honest and say it's primarily pseudononymous and explain why... If the person is a libertarian and doesn't like central banks, explain how it is different from the central banks, etc. ... You have to understand what would interest the person in the first place. The major issue is trying to talk to someone who doesn't have any interest in this, and just want to use something primarily for convenience, or the reason that everyone is doing it.

masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 06:44:55 AM

I present it to my relatives in a straight forward way - instead of fiat, I sent them Bitcoin. Explaining it's cheaper chat bank transactions + 4 currency exchanges. In their country there are service where you could sell BTC to one site and receive fiat in 10 minutes in almost every big store.

btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 08:37:36 AM

there is so much to explain! I usually just give a short explanation of how it works and
how to get it.

But then I tell them to come to this forum and just read the posts as thats where I learned the most
about bitcoin.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 10:52:55 AM

I explain to them that bitcoin is digital currency and you can use bitcoin online and you can cash it out

after that i show them the example, like i purchase things online using bitcoin, or i exchange bitcoin into fiat money, after that usually they will understand

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
jmintuck02

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:24:56 PM

I explained btc to a friend last night as a digital cryptocurrency. He questioned if it was a fraud and I said Hell No. It is a

digital money similar to real money. It has value and you can sell and buy with it. It is mined with special things called

miners. Welp, it was a long talk.

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:15:39 PM

The first explain how you get a free bitcoin from signature campaign  Wink
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:30:27 PM

It's always a BAD idea to get technical with it. Just limit yourself to explaining it's usages and a bit of context into why it is important, other than that, trying to explain random noobs about what the blockchain is and how mining works will probably just alienate them even more.
Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:42:16 PM

My advice might you have to explain about bitcoin slowly by introducing that bitcoin is very easy to earn money and after that certainly you tell people who would be interested. Then after he was interested in the new explain how to earn money by collecting bitcoin.
Perhaps in this way will work because the first bitcoin friend of mine introduced me in this way.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:53:05 PM

Blah Blah..

no one cares since they already have money in their wallet.

This is what you tell them..

I bought BTC at 220.00 in August and sold for 450.00 in November. Where else do you get returns like that?

Let their greed guide them as its the only reason people will invest in BTC.
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:56:27 PM

Just tell them there's an online money named bitcoin. and you can buy and pay anything with bitcoin, and 1 bitcoin same as $400+. and i'm sure newbies will interested about it.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 02:18:04 PM

tell them that bitcoin has a good prospects in the future, the price itself increase in 2016. and tell them you can earn bitcoin free and no need money to do it.

If it is Newbie or Hero, Whoever It is Bitcoin IS big gun for all. It is the future of currencism. Future World gonna deal their all transaction through bitcoin transaction Only. It Gonna replace USD Range by bitcoin.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:09:14 PM

Mainly only people with computer knowledge can be interested in Bitcoins. Even then some people need help from forum members, because average computer knowledge is not high  Wink
jmintuck02

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:20:54 PM

Sometimes I mention Btc to a random person and explain a little to see if they are really interested. I usually add a little history, like

mention the December-January 2014-2015 when it was such a splash on the news. Some people remember that and I add more

explanation and see what they say. Sometimes I have to spend time and really explain it the best I know how to get them interested.

If they somehow aren't interested, I leave it at that.

sahliano

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:24:35 PM

you can tell them it's a new way to get money with no restrictions and it can be used in different things and used around the world
jmintuck02

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:25:59 PM

you can tell them it's a new way to get money with no restrictions and it can be used in different things and used around the world

Well, in honesty, that IS true. I have mentioned that before, but this was kind of an afterthought. I ought to clarify this further.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:26:34 PM

Faucets may help you better. People will get attract to free money always. Show them some online usage of bitcoin like mobile recharge from faucet earning. Then newbie will ask you how to get more bitcoins and how to be active with bitcoin ecosystem.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 03:28:50 PM

I present it to my relatives in a straight forward way - instead of fiat, I sent them Bitcoin. Explaining it's cheaper chat bank transactions + 4 currency exchanges. In their country there are service where you could sell BTC to one site and receive fiat in 10 minutes in almost every big store.
not the greatest of examples. as you say bank transactions use 4 currency exchange.

but you putting fiat into bitcoin is one
then using the service to sell bitcoin is two
then going to the big store to receive fiat is three.

the better way is to show them how much they would receive if you sent $100 via a bank to their native fiat
then show them how much they would receive if you sent $100 via bitcoin to their native fiat.

as long as they see that they can get more as a result, you dont need to explain the banking differences in the middle

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: