Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:36:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Block reward halving and BC price  (Read 5537 times)
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:43:40 AM

There will surely be a price rise. Maybe even a pump. I predict the price will rise to the $600 to 700 in the few months before and after the halving.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Anegg

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:48:04 AM

There will surely be a price rise. Maybe even a pump. I predict the price will rise to the $600 to 700 in the few months before and after the halving.
I really hope it does. Then I will make quite a bit of profit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Jambolb2

Activity: 444

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:06:00 AM

If there is a pump, the price could reach $1500 or higher. The stock market is in turmoil at the moment. If 0.001% of that money comes to bitcoin, the price will be much higher.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 01:55:50 PM

If there is a pump, the price could reach $1500 or higher.

You are saying one of the most obvious thing, of course the price will go up if there is a pump because there isnt anyway for the price to increase unless someone decided to buy alot at once or alot of people buying small amount at the same time ( both are pump as well ) but there should be one coming since halving is near

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 01:59:43 PM

I don't think the price will double, I think we'll more see a 25%-50% increase. However, if the price fall before it, we may see the price doucle or even triple then, but this would assume really specific conditions.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 02:24:13 PM

I don't think the price will double, I think we'll more see a 25%-50% increase. However, if the price fall before it, we may see the price doucle or even triple then, but this would assume really specific conditions.

It will not be double but if we could reach another 10 % or 20 % increase than that is alot already. At the current price, 10 % is more than $40 and 20 % would be $80 that is some sweet profit for trading as most people own atleast 5 btc to trade, on average people have 10 btc to trade according to data

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
icaruz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 03:55:21 PM

it has  started,bitcoin is going up fast just like a rocket,in reversal to oil which is going down .
so whats driving btc go up? i will hold my btc until the time it is ready to sell.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 03:58:13 PM

You are saying one of the most obvious thing, of course the price will go up if there is a pump because there isnt anyway for the price to increase unless someone decided to buy alot at once or alot of people buying small amount at the same time ( both are pump as well ) but there should be one coming since halving is near
I really hope there won't be a big bubble like that one in late 2013, when it crashes, it won't be a good thing for Bitcoin in general, though it would certainly survive a crash like that again.
We would just have months upon months of very low volatility then, I'm not a big fan of that either.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:59:13 PM

I really hope there won't be a big bubble like that one in late 2013, when it crashes, it won't be a good thing for Bitcoin in general, though it would certainly survive a crash like that again.
We would just have months upon months of very low volatility then, I'm not a big fan of that either.

we can only speculate but remember that is only year started so anything can happen and expect till halving

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 03:06:57 PM

Even if im pretty sure that the price will raise i will not care about the halving, what has to happen will happen, but don't forget that bitcoin is not alone in the world there is a huge economy behind it, bitcoin will have a great success after the halvin just because of that, at least IMHO ofc Tongue

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
icem3lter

Activity: 281

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:49:52 PM

You know, I just thought about something. What if EVERYONE expects the price to rise? So for weeks before the price will rise a lot because people are accumulating btc expecting for a rise. And the day of the halving... Well nothing happens because prices are already high enough to allow miners to earn money. Then price will crash because everyone panickally dump their coins :3

Yea, this is most likely how it will play out. It's funny because Bitcoin has risen more than 10000% since its birth, and people think it has no potential if it does not continue that trend.

Orielres

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:09:28 AM

Even if im pretty sure that the price will raise i will not care about the halving, what has to happen will happen, but don't forget that bitcoin is not alone in the world there is a huge economy behind it, bitcoin will have a great success after the halvin just because of that, at least IMHO ofc Tongue

When bitcoin becomes bigger, the network effect will make it even bigger. That is similar to Tweet or Facebook.
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:19:02 AM

Currently new BC are created worth of 1.4 million dollars every day. If we assume that the current need for BC is worth of 1.4 million dollars a day and BC supply halves, shouldn't that mean, that price should double? Or has that allready been baked in the current price?
Yes it is already increased considering the fact of halving.There is no more increase/pump in future.Though they could take it to 10k$ tonight but it is not likely to happen as it might destroy the Eco-system or its functioning.Nothing more than 30% for now.
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:21:22 AM

I don' think that the price will double, but it may rise up to about $600 which is 1.5 times the price now.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 09:02:44 AM

Currently new BC are created worth of 1.4 million dollars every day. If we assume that the current need for BC is worth of 1.4 million dollars a day and BC supply halves, shouldn't that mean, that price should double? Or has that allready been baked in the current price?

The post is not full correct and for the not correct part I have made a post before. Here I will comment only the part in bold. The answer for the part in bold is yes, the price should be increased for sure (if the financial rules of the centralized currencies would be able to have power even in the world of the decentralized currencies). But cannot be never told or predicted the amount because of to many other factors (existing or that can be created). But in one ideal situation (when everything remain as it was before the halving and the only parameter which change is the halving of the supply) the price would be doubled. But at 100% percent this situation cannot be verified never in the reality. This mean even that never cannot be predicted in what amount (and even if) would be the amount of this increase.
Jambolb2

Activity: 444

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:13:11 AM

I don' think that the price will double, but it may rise up to about $600 which is 1.5 times the price now.

The price could double, but it also depends on new money coming into the bitcoin economy. Without new money, the price will not rise.
Orielres

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 09:10:32 PM

The price could double, but it also depends on new money coming into the bitcoin economy. Without new money, the price will not rise.

Yes. We need more users of the bitcoin, if we have 1 million new users and each of them hold 1 bitcoin, it will raise the price quite a lot.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:03:23 PM

That's right only the block reward is going to halve.This will not effect the supply of bitcoins because there would still more coins added albeit at  reduced quantity.This will not create any scarcity of bitcoin and not much gap in demand and supply curve.If bitcoin price goes up,it would be because of market forces in operation at that time and not because of reward halving

Drewski

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:17:22 PM

But won't halving functionally double the cost of mining?  And if the miners are facing doubled costs, the only answer is doubled prices.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3219

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:41:34 PM

But won't halving functionally double the cost of mining?  And if the miners are facing doubled costs, the only answer is doubled prices.

I guess you could say the cost per mined bitcoin doubles, but that is complicated. It is simpler and more straightforward to say that the cost of mining stays the same, but the revenue drops by half, especially because when the dust settles the revenue really drops by less than half for the miners that remain.

I guess you mean by "the only answer is doubled prices" is that the only way for mining to remain unchanged is for the price to double. Mining is constantly changing. There is no reason why it should remain unchanged.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: