Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:13:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Optiona is allways good. 16nm ASIC, 100w/THS 0.1J/GH on wall. MAX: 31THS/miner!!  (Read 19479 times)
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:40:34 PM

Why not give it a shot over here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=250249.0 ?

If only their hardware could be bought at ROI-able price...

They do really great ASICs, but mostly for themselves.

As for this miner, with such generic information and at 5 months of halving, it's dubious IMHO and I would not risk any preorder...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 08:55:16 PM

So at this point in time this is just an idea. You have taken the Bitfury spec, done a small amount of maths, nocked up a graphic that bears no relationship to the final product and started a thread?

He has Bitfury's documentation, chips soon. This is a guy that has made plenty of previous miners so its not as if its just that rendering. As he said (and I said previously), its a mockup of the formfactor and nothing more.

RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:36:42 PM

So at this point in time this is just an idea. You have taken the Bitfury spec, done a small amount of maths, nocked up a graphic that bears no relationship to the final product and started a thread?

He has Bitfury's documentation, chips soon. This is a guy that has made plenty of previous miners so its not as if its just that rendering. As he said (and I said previously), its a mockup of the formfactor and nothing more.

All of that may well be true, but for those of us who are new we constantly have beaten into us by the old hands not to trust anything that does not look right, or has very little to back up claims being made.

So if this is from an experienced Miner Manufacturer they should know better than to produce some useless and misleading graphics.  If they have Bitfury Documentation they should be able to use that to put together specifications and drawing that are far more credible than this.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:42:54 PM

Can we see the purchase order from Bitfury?  How about the documentation?  You state "He has the Bitfury Documentation, chips soon", how do you know?

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:25:04 PM

the other supplier miner price may be dropped to competive with us. but new asic is not like one piece of cake. so, in next coming 6 months, only this aisc can do  100W/THS .

By April, (quite a bit LESS than the 6 months you claim) I anticipate there will be more than one chip that can achieve that 100W/TH at the miner level.
 I am NOT counting KnC as they don't sell to the public ever.
 I am NOT counting 21etc, which seems to think that stupid "bitcoin computer" is worth selling.
 I am NOT counting BitFury lightbulbs.
 I am ONLY counting companies with a good history achieving their stated performance with reliable equipment and a stated intent to sell to small/home miners.

I won't be entirely shocked if it's 3 companies meeting that target by April, and would bet a small sum on at least 3 making and selling miners in that range TO THE PUBLIC by 6 months from now (assuming the OP actually sells something real, not bad CAD pictures with specs that don't match the chip they claim they are using).

Bitmain already has mentioned working on 14/16nm full custom, though no specific details yet (they want to push as much S7 as they can while it's still a viable product).

If this machine was real and available in the next MONTH, it would probably be a ground-breaker - 3 months from now it should be playing catch-up, 6 months from now it WILL be playing catch-up.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 12:20:00 AM

the other supplier miner price may be dropped to competive with us. but new asic is not like one piece of cake. so, in next coming 6 months, only this aisc can do  100W/THS .
I am NOT counting 21etc, which seems to think that stupid "bitcoin computer" is worth selling.

21inc do have efficient chips hashing away in traditional miners. But VC money = "look how we're innovating and leading the market" yada yada so all we get to see is the RaspberryPis mining machines.

64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:02:16 AM

Here is my parsing of the situation:

Bitfury has mining centers or not with 16nm tech.

If they do have mining centers with 16nm tech, they can't loan one unit from the thousands that are mining for promotion? They can't even produce promotional material from one of the thousands of units? Even if they don't like LightingASIC, Bitfury can't loan a unit to a reseller they consider reputable?

The only conclusion that I can come up with that doesn't reflect badly on Bitfury, is that the 16nm tech miner is still under development or being prototyped.

marvykkio

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:39:34 AM

We need action, not just words
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:46:50 AM

Bitfury is using immersion tech in it's new mining center(s), per at least 2 announcements I've seen from them.

NOT applicable to a home miner.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
RichBC

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:55:06 AM

Bitfury is using immersion tech in it's new mining center(s), per at least 2 announcements I've seen from them.

But they have also specified a lower 140GH/s v 184GH/s rating for an air cooled chip.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:59:58 AM

yeah ..they just run slower if not in immersion see this link...supposedly you may get some of these chips 'someday' er so they say Smiley

http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com/archives/52211

note link above you get more with oil cooling then w/o ...but they still seem to work ..just not as good Smiley

but again will probably get these chips in a home device LONG LONG after it makes any sense to do so..with continued expected 'mad' difficulty rises due

to massive data halls etc

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:58:33 PM

yeah ..they just run slower if not in immersion see this link...supposedly you may get some of these chips 'someday' er so they say Smiley

http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com/archives/52211

note link above you get more with oil cooling then w/o ...but they still seem to work ..just not as good Smiley

but again will probably get these chips in a home device LONG LONG after it makes any sense to do so..with continued expected 'mad' difficulty rises due

The boards designed for immersion won't be usable for air cooling unless they wasted a lot of space on them (very unlikely when you know the cost of a large scale immersion cooling setup).
The power dissipation needed to cool such a dense amount of chips is really hard to reach with air cooling unless you underclock (not profitable considering the cost of the chips).

Boards made for air cooling, on the other hand, can be used in immersion, the power density won't be optimal, and you'll have a harder time to recoup the initial investment, that's all.

If they wanted to demo the chips, they could simply use a smaller acrylic tank with one or two blades like the ones we use for prototyping.
I'm not sure they want (need?) to advertise.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:32:35 PM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitfury-to-mass-produce-new-nm-chip-and-sell-to-public-1452010171

The boards designed for immersion won't be usable for air cooling unless they wasted a lot of space on them (very unlikely when you know the cost of a large scale immersion cooling setup).
The power dissipation needed to cool such a dense amount of chips is really hard to reach with air cooling unless you underclock (not profitable considering the cost of the chips).

Boards made for air cooling, on the other hand, can be used in immersion, the power density won't be optimal, and you'll have a harder time to recoup the initial investment, that's all.

If they wanted to demo the chips, they could simply use a smaller acrylic tank with one or two blades like the ones we use for prototyping.
I'm not sure they want (need?) to advertise.

yeah I'm just going by the above link in the article where they imply you would lose 44gh per chip if you used it in an air cool manner....again their implication...not mine Smiley

According to the company’s announcement, for miners using a traditional air cooling setup, the ASIC will be able to reach hashing power of 140 GH/s. However, by using liquid immersion cooling, the chip can reach hashrates of up to 184 GH/s.

from again this link:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitfury-to-mass-produce-new-nm-chip-and-sell-to-public-1452010171

So again ..you could be right...but they leave the reader with the impression that

1) they are wonderful fellows 'decentralizing' and such for 'home miners' and you could ROI (with difficulty pump this could be iffy imho)

2) that home miner makers or themselves can make such miners in an air cooled manner and it would all be 'hunky dory' Smiley

Anyway likely by the time they hit the market ...these same chips in their data halls and others they have sold to in bulk will make this whole 'home miner' idea moot

again imho

anyway where I was coming from on the info....but with KNC making another 20 kw setup and bitfury making a 50 kw setting and bitmain doing something the same
and of course spondoolies also I think a 20 kw setup....difficulty for btc will get damn interesting in that they ALL seem to be gonna hit around the same month or so

fun times Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 03:53:26 AM

I am willing to do a long write up on this site. with fair and honest photos and results.

My conditions are simple send the demo when it is ready.

I won't even keep it I would return it or ship it to a customer.

I would just do a fair 7-14 day review.

I will offer even better conditions. I'll pay for this unit, but sure only after getting it in hands and testing for a while. I like to explore something new. And to prove to the community that something is real.  Roll Eyes

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:09:55 AM

This looks promising. Definitely more future proof with halving coming
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:05:41 AM

I am willing to do a long write up on this site. with fair and honest photos and results.

My conditions are simple send the demo when it is ready.

I won't even keep it I would return it or ship it to a customer.

I would just do a fair 7-14 day review.

I will offer even better conditions. I'll pay for this unit, but sure only after getting it in hands and testing for a while. I like to explore something new. And to prove to the community that something is real.  Roll Eyes

Ditto...I've enough cred on bitcointalk I'll do the same...you send me a unit...I'll review it...pay for the unit (unit choice up to you) and then post all over bitcointalk 'eating crow' on
me ever doubting your good intentions Smiley

Also would post pics of inside/outside and video of setup etc..I'd be your biggest cheerleader Smiley

too bad this don't work...then it would mean there was still hope for me being Natalie Portman's 'Love Puppet' alas Sad but then again the odds are the same imho for getting a yes miner unit to review Sad

carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:05:16 AM

We are back with latest 16nm ASIC,supported by BITFURY.
1, 10THS/miner,
2,100W/THS, 0.25J/GH on wall
3, 4X 6pin PCI-E
4, Gross weight 5KG
5, size: 350x140x155(adjustable according the design)
the price is BTC0.42/THS, fob china.
miner ship at end of march or early April.

What the hell!!
What is that i am reading? the miner will have 0.25J/GH on wall??? the same eficience than a S7??  Huh Shocked Sad

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
RichBC

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:46:04 AM

1, 10THS/miner,
3, 4X 6pin PCI-E
4, Gross weight 5KG

What the hell!!
What is that i am reading? the miner will have 0.25J/GH on wall??? the same eficience than a S7??  Huh Shocked Sad

100W /THS is 0.1J/GH and would be very good.  Smiley

Rich

carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:58:28 AM

1, 10THS/miner,
3, 4X 6pin PCI-E
4, Gross weight 5KG

What the hell!!

Rich

Please, look at the first post, they add 0.25J/GH, not me...  Undecided

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:13:37 AM

1, 10THS/miner,
3, 4X 6pin PCI-E
4, Gross weight 5KG

What the hell!!

Rich

Please, look at the first post, they add 0.25J/GH, not me...  Undecided
Probably a typo.
Because 4 PCIE plugs will already have some trouble for 1000w, but drawing 600w on each of them is impossible.
Even if it's a typo, I hope they will at least use 6 PCIE plugs for 1000w

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: