Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:51:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Btcwager.com - Anonymous bitcoin lottery  (Read 1701 times)
btcwager (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 06:13:42 AM

Hello dear Bitcoin users.

I'm here to introduce all you avid gamblers to our anonymous BTC lottery system. Put your luck to the test and you could win big! The BTC Wager anonymous bitcoin lottery is a fun, secure, and easy way to test your luck.

100% Anonymous and secure
Big BTC jackpots - and growing with each draw!
99% Payout
Tickets cost just 0.25 BTC
Lottery draws occur twice a week

The lottery raffle takes place twice a week - Each Wednesday and Friday at precisely 5 minutes to midnight EST (Eastern Standard Time).

To purchase tickets visit btcwager.com

If this proves popular we plan to add other games later on.

We value your feedback so if you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to express them.

-on a slightly different note: If there are any talented website designers out there willing to work for BTC let us know. We need a spiffy site design. Our current look is and was meant to be temporary.

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcwager (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 06:14:43 AM

--reserved--
BRules

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 12:59:24 PM

I couldn't find any information on how this will happen. Can you explain a bit more?

And how can you prove that your site is provably fair?

btcwager (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 01:10:47 PM

I couldn't find any information on how this will happen. Can you explain a bit more?

And how can you prove that your site is provably fair?

We are hoping that the site will catch on and if it does the btc jackpots will get bigger as more and more people come to play the lottery on a regular basis.

I will get you technical details on how the winner is selected. Let me get a hold of our main coder and I'll reply back with details.
btcwager (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 02:58:22 PM

Reply from our coder:

"It's currently very simple how the pick winner script works. We first create an array of all the tickets that are entered for the draw and then generate a random integer between 0 and the end of the array. The ticket at that random position is chosen as the winner and is sent their funds. Currently we are using the rand() function by PHP, but we will soon be adding a "more" random function. Possibly use random.org or something similar.

As to proving fairness in picking the winner, we'd hope to do that through reputation and transparency on any part of our process. If you have any suggestions we'd be happy to hear them."
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 03:21:36 PM

As to proving fairness in picking the winner, we'd hope to do that through reputation and transparency on any part of our process. If you have any suggestions we'd be happy to hear them."
The vast majority of Bitcoin users are technically-savvy, therefore you need to provide a transparent algorithm, which will ensure fairness even without trusting to the gambling site.
BRules

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 06:26:29 PM

The vast majority of Bitcoin users are technically-savvy, therefore you need to provide a transparent algorithm, which will ensure fairness even without trusting to the gambling site.

+1, and this is exactly what I meant to be provably fair. Using the PHP random function is "fair", but not "provably fair", who can assure that you really used the php function to select the winner?

your site is very similar to another bitcoin lottery that's already known in the bitcoin community, so, what exaclty your site have to offer beyond what is already being offered in the other site that will bring players to your site?

regards

btcwager (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 06:24:16 AM

+1, and this is exactly what I meant to be provably fair. Using the PHP random function is "fair", but not "provably fair", who can assure that you really used the php function to select the winner?

your site is very similar to another bitcoin lottery that's already known in the bitcoin community, so, what exaclty your site have to offer beyond what is already being offered in the other site that will bring players to your site?

regards

We're working on an explanation for you. Perhaps we will adopt a system more similar to the way one of the main established bitcoin lottery does things; we shall see. For now let me just congratulate the owner of this address for recent win:

1DvxpJTeCsJfn84sXor71N4Pu7jqVeRmcB

btcwager (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 11:07:12 AM

Just a quick post to let you all know that I tossed in 1 BTC of my own coins on the site. Buy some tickets and the coins could be yours.
btcwager (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 09:49:34 AM

Hmm, it looks like we were overly optimistic regarding how many people would use the site. In light of this we are considering closing the site down. If anyone is interested in purchasing the script and taking over please PM me.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:10:47 AM

Hmm, it looks like we were overly optimistic regarding how many people would use the site. In light of this we are considering closing the site down. If anyone is interested in purchasing the script and taking over please PM me.
Nobody would play a non-provably fair game when there are provably fair games.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 12:26:12 PM

Wait, guise, I have an idea. Someone should make like...a site where you gamble Bitcoins.

PM if anyone would like to buy this.

(OP - see here and gtfo with the nonsense.)

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
BRules

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 12:47:23 PM

Wait, guise, I have an idea. Someone should make like...a site where you gamble Bitcoins.

PM if anyone would like to buy this.

(OP - see here and gtfo with the nonsense.)

Maybe i'm missreading all your posts. But for me, more than 80% of your posts are too sarcastic. Do you really need to put the people down this way? What exactly you feel when you post these messages?

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 09:36:38 PM

Maybe i'm missreading all your posts. But for me, more than 80% of your posts are too sarcastic. Do you really need to put the people down this way? What exactly you feel when you post these messages?

I don't feel anything. What do you feel when you read stuff on the Internet, and why do you feel it? Shouldn't you be using those feelings up somewhere else, such as for instance that fearsome "rl" they keep mentioning, Mr. Standard of Correct, Just and Proper Sarcasm Levels?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
BRules

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 11:05:20 PM

LOL, no comments.

btcwager (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:04:45 AM

Nobody would play a non-provably fair game when there are provably fair games.

True. We were working on a mechanism for this but the coding brains behind this site just doesn't have the time to dedicate to it now, so unfortunately rather than say "hey guys just trust us" it is better to stop right here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: