Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:50:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I know who has your coins at Crytpsy... (Update)  (Read 2508 times)
Ayle56

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:17:40 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2016, 04:47:34 PM by Ayle56

How come this video is from  13/08/2014 ?

Anyway, they're a fraud and what we know so far is that Bigvern already resigned rigth before Christmas. He is probably the one that has our dough

Exactly how does one resign from an entity that they own and have ALL the org's docs still in their name?

I thought Big Vern was Cryptsy and that he owned it. Now it says he was senior Cryptsy staff. Who owns it, and who's in charge of running it now if Big Vern's resigned? Bit John already resigned, now Big Vern's resigned, half the staff was laid off ages ago. How many people still work there?

“Due to a server failure all wallets are paused. Will have them back online as quickly as possible,” announced senior Cryptsy staff Big Vern, who resigned last month. “Thank you everyone for the patience while we get these issues resolved. Team is working hard and we will try to do more frequent updates,” he updated on December 9.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/01/06/cryptsy-suspends-withdrawals-indefinitely/
Cheap Ass

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:21:03 AM

People keep getting scammed by this site apparently, someone should make a scam-sticky  Grin
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:24:48 AM

Anyway, they're a fraud and what we know so far is that Bigvern already resigned rigth before Christmas. He is probably the one that has our dough

Exactly how does one resign from an entity that they own and have ALL the org's docs still in their name?

I thought Big Vern was Cryptsy and that he owned it. Now it says he was senior Cryptsy staff. Who owns it, and who's in charge of running it now if Big Vern's resigned? Bit John already resigned, now Big Vern's resigned, half they staff was laid off ages ago. How many people still work there?

“Due to a server failure all wallets are paused. Will have them back online as quickly as possible,” announced senior Cryptsy staff Big Vern, who resigned last month. “Thank you everyone for the patience while we get these issues resolved. Team is working hard and we will try to do more frequent updates,” he updated on December 9.

Big vern started Cryptsy indeed, could be just poor reporting or he may have sold it under the table somewhere along the road.

Their staff is bound the get laid off with their massive drop in revenue.

Maybe the costs of adding fiat trading and regulatory costs for the USA has just cost so much.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6145

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:46:18 AM

Honestly I'm sick of this company and also sick of people who keep using it and then cry , I mean there is two zillion (literally) topic about it on scam accusations and different newspaper related ot bitcoin etc ... but do people stop using it ? Hell no ! they like to get scammed .
So for what comes to me , I have to say that those who keep using their website probably deserve it and like Satoshi said once  Roll Eyes :

Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.

they aren't lost coins... they're stolen so still in circulation, just in someone else's hands

They will be lost probably just like Mt.gox coins (unless you guys know where they are) , because when you use them you will more then likely get arrested .
So yes , unless they hide them with a smart way , they should be considered as "lost" since they won't be using them .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:16:31 PM

I thought Big Vern was Cryptsy and that he owned it. Now it says he was senior Cryptsy staff. Who owns it, and who's in charge of running it now if Big Vern's resigned? Bit John already resigned, now Big Vern's resigned, half they staff was laid off ages ago. How many people still work there?

Big vern started Cryptsy indeed, could be just poor reporting or he may have sold it under the table somewhere along the road.

Their staff is bound the get laid off with their massive drop in revenue.

Maybe the costs of adding fiat trading and regulatory costs for the USA has just cost so much.

BitJohn has already said publicly there way lay off's 2013 is over boys..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:18:31 PM

Honestly I'm sick of this company and also sick of people who keep using it and then cry , I mean there is two zillion (literally) topic about it on scam accusations and different newspaper related ot bitcoin etc ... but do people stop using it ? Hell no ! they like to get scammed .
So for what comes to me , I have to say that those who keep using their website probably deserve it and like Satoshi said once  Roll Eyes :

Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.

they aren't lost coins... they're stolen so still in circulation, just in someone else's hands

They will be lost probably just like Mt.gox coins (unless you guys know where they are) , because when you use them you will more then likely get arrested .
So yes , unless they hide them with a smart way , they should be considered as "lost" since they won't be using them .

BitJohn said it sucked having to seize and lock peoples accounts and report them to the US Fed's for investigation.
He said it's been going on for ages.. like i said all along since 2013 when they started.
Oh yes i was mocked and called names etc
And oh yes indeed i will say,

I TOLD YOU SO !

EDIT:
SO yeah if you ARE doing illegal things with Cryptsy yes indeed you may find yourself in trouble with the law.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:24:27 PM

He is not good at telling a lie, he is very nervous in the video.

faucet used to be profitable
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:29:18 PM

i lost faith in altcoins. why? scam, scam, scam. do not believe it? have a look:

and these exchanges are part of these. and cryt seams to be one of the worst ones.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 05:33:20 PM

Im struggling to work out if the company is still even open for business?

i guess at this stage if u want to deposit crypto and throw numbers around they

will gladly rob u blind, seems like a very professional scam being brought down

very slowly and discretely, has all the hallamrks of a very well supervised

Bitcoin Foundatuon Mtgox meltdown, how much evidence is their between

Bitcoin Foundation players and Cryptsy making contact prob alot of espionage

and hacking might be very difficult to make connections, though i know it

started around Jan 2014 before Mtgox even fully imploded

The company is still operative, a friend had some problems accessing an account and the staff replied (with a big delay tho) and they managed to unlock his account which was disabled due inactive time (the infamous message you get if you don't log in after 6 months I think). He's yet to try to withdraw, and he's scared to withdraw his BTC since it seems they get stuck when you try to do this? Well they aren't very safe inside Cryptsy's wallet too soo..
maokoto

Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 06:37:09 PM

I keep hearing about cryptsy's end, cryptsy fall, cryptsy mt gox and all. I know that there must be a lot of truth on scam accusations as there are lots of people telling about it. But then, everytime that I enter cryptsy it is up and working. I do not trade much in it (perhaps I would have traded about 100k satoshis worth of altcoins in my whole life there), but it keeps working good for me...

Is this only affecting to people with lots of money?

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 09:04:36 AM

Cryptsy Has Moved Out of Their Building Unannounced, Nowhere to be Found

Bitcoinist has received exclusive news regarding Cryptsy that is related to the issues surrounding the cryptocurrency exchange as of late. According to a confirmed source, who wishes to remain anonymous, the company has moved out of the building that housed its headquarters. This move was unannounced, and was discovered accidentally when our source went to the building to visit the team.

http://bitcoinist.net/cryptsy-has-moved-out-of-their-building-unannounced-nowhere-to-be-found/

bye bye  Cheesy

ronald98

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:12:47 AM

Cryptsy Has Moved Out of Their Building Unannounced, Nowhere to be Found

Bitcoinist has received exclusive news regarding Cryptsy that is related to the issues surrounding the cryptocurrency exchange as of late. According to a confirmed source, who wishes to remain anonymous, the company has moved out of the building that housed its headquarters. This move was unannounced, and was discovered accidentally when our source went to the building to visit the team.

http://bitcoinist.net/cryptsy-has-moved-out-of-their-building-unannounced-nowhere-to-be-found/

bye bye  Cheesy

Do you mean that building shown as the Cryptsy headquarters on the Cryptsy website? According to this post it was only ever a mail drop, their official headquarters was never used as an office, and "it's a rented office that is barely larger than a broom closet". Bitjohn said he never worked at a headquarters after he resigned, he said he always connected to Cryptsy through the internet to work for them.

If you can be bothered to do all of this why not just go and meet them face-to-face and sort it out like that? Much easier.

Actually I did do exactly that. I went to their physical address. It's a rented office that is barely larger than a broom closet, about 200 sq. ft according to the people in the office next door. She said she had never seen anyone there in the previous 6 months that the "Project Investors Inc" (Cryptsy's Corp Name) had been there. Project Investors is what is on the door. She said the office had been used by a number of people over the past 10 years as a mail drop. Where they're really at, if anywhere is an unknown mystery. It took them three months but I did get back most all of my coins.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 01:18:47 PM

Paul Vernon, Cryptsy’s CEO, Seems To Have Flown To China

http://bitcoinnewschannel.com/2016/01/09/paul-vern-cryptsys-ceo-seems-to-have-flown-to-china/

vlom
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:57:31 PM

thanks for the update. now it gets interesting.

when they really crash altcoin prices will go crazy.

edit:
DOGE/BTC
@Crytpsy 0.00000048

24hr High
@poloniex: 0.00000049

i am going to prepare some popcorn.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 02:46:38 PM

thanks for the update. now it gets interesting.

when they really crash altcoin prices will go crazy.

edit:
DOGE/BTC
@Crytpsy 0.00000048

24hr High
@poloniex: 0.00000049

i am going to prepare some popcorn.

i wonder how much money they still "freeze" at the moment and will be lost in the end.

vlom
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:43:49 PM

do you know which coins can be withdrawed?

i bought doge because a few weeks ago doge was possible and fast.

i hope this is still possible so the price is going up.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Merit: 509

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:07:56 PM

i lost faith in altcoins. why? scam, scam, scam. do not believe it? have a look:

and these exchanges are part of these. and cryt seams to be one of the worst ones.
Altcoins are useless, they are just ways to get people's BTCs. Like a lot of people here im also worried about withdrawing cause a lot of people are saying they get their money stuck unconfirmed forever when they try to withdraw... damn, I should have gotten the money out months ago, I have barely used the exchange and forgot some coins here.
Ghepetto

Activity: 285
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:06:24 PM

I'm really shocked the authorities have not shut them down yet.  Someone has allowed it to continue, I wonder who and why that is. 

--------------------Bagholder Extraordinaire--------------------
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:07:24 PM

I'm really shocked the authorities have not shut them down yet.  Someone has allowed it to continue, I wonder who and why that is. 

The authorities have a hard time regulating Bitcoin exchanges.. i dont even think they fully understand what Bitcoin is and how does it work.

Dont forget that if Big Vern is hosting Cryptsy in some weird island without little regulations in terms of money movements, the authorities can't do much about it, it is a price you want to pay if you want to be as anonymous as possible when dealing with exchanges.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:13:37 PM

This is not the kind of press Bitcoin needs and does not help people feel comfortable storing it.  Thanks to this board I stayed away from Cryptsy, there were several alerts.  Plus, there are many exchanges to choose from. 

I love Bitcoin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: