Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:26:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to switch on litecoin. BITCOIN IS DEAD for normal miner  (Read 6366 times)
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:35:43 PM

You're way off base on so many levels that I won't even address this. Lets just say your comments smell of desperation. Got a lot of money tied up in bitcoin?
Less than $300USD at any given time.  Thanks for trying to troll though.  Mostly I'll buy some BTC, hold a little, but spend the rest on stuff on the economy. O WAIT I FORGOT THERE ISN'T A BTC ECONOMY Sad

And you know, I wouldn't really actually care to much if LTC some how...pfffhaha...succeeded. But it won't and I'm just trying to help you bros and friends out.  At best you just bring down crypto and we stay with paypal.  I'm not a doomsday conspiracy theorist so I don't think the government is secretly controlling paypal and ebay or anything.  

wow calm down, "scam"? I don't allow you to say such things that's wrong and offensive. If you think that people on bitcoin don't speculate you are dumb. Like dumb. Really. Betting on future litecoin economy is a bet and I'm ready to bet on that. we will see in few month... Wink

People speculate on oil. People speculate on cow feed. Just because there is speculation != no economy.  

You're the poster boy for LTC. LTC won't ever be worth anything because the only people using it are people like you.  BTC has the industrious, the inventive, the people who know how to work.  LTC is full of people like you. Scammers.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mccorvic

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:41:53 PM

Ok YOU WON  Grin you are unable to understand any economic discussion.

last thing what you are saying about litecoin could have been said about bitcoin when it was younger... think about that, go educate yourself and come back Smiley

Mmhmm. Yup.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:44:09 PM

mccorvic think's he's got everything and everyone figured.  Roll Eyes

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
mccorvic

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:47:36 PM

mccorvic think's he's got everything and everyone figured.  Roll Eyes

NOW YOU GOT IT! Geez.

Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 09:47:52 PM

On Topic..

I say yes PLEASE al go mine LTC Please everybody with less then 8gh switch please go...Grin

COINDER
COINDER
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:09:55 PM

Who made the rule that there is only room for ONE cryptocurrency? The market will decide that. There are lots of interesting ways for a lesser and greater cryptocurrency to complement one another.
There have been lots of people who have been turned off from BTC simply because LTC and other alt-coins exist.

"Why waste time on money on BTC if people could just jump over to the exact same thing with a different name and leave me broke? Sounds like a scam" Hence: scamcoin
Whoever says such things is a fool.
First of all, for better or worse Litcoin isn't going anywhere. Even if it becomes pointless due to GPU mining, some people will still run it for fun. Same goes for most other coins if they become obsolete.
Second, everyone could just sell Apple stock and buy Microsoft, leaving Apple investors broke. Except they do things differently, and each fills a niche. If you don't want to trade things devoid of intrinsic value that anyone can drop and only represent economic activity, don't trade stocks either. Stocks must be a scam.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 03:45:12 AM

Bitcoin is 4years old , Litecoin is 1years old so yes it's not suprising that you can find more bitcoin project ....!!!

Alright. I win. That was much easier than I thought.

You admitted BTC does have an economy. Thanks.

I never said the contrary... LOL you win what ..? you kid.

Bitcoin has an economy but a weak one compared to speculation! (and I agree it's worst for litecoin actually).

But Litecoin has the advantage to be faster and it could find a place!

New to BTC & LTC ...having said that I own an online computer company in OZ and we are going to at the start of the new year accept BTC based upon daily spot prices (-5% transaction fee of course) and cash out daily

Even if BTC go to $0.0001 it will be ok...if it starts to get more volatile i we can do instant exchanges etc

I must admit that BTC is an easier sell than LTC for the other directors.

Will see how things go for a month and then add LTC into the mix.

So if you want to spend those LTC on computer equipment early next year Let Me know Cheesy

www.cworld.com.au

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Ploo

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 04:07:07 PM

Who is even keeping litecoin alive? Why are people buying it at btc-e?
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 04:12:03 PM

i'm CPU mining and running the client. not sure why, but I am.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 04:16:22 PM

I am, and so are the estimated 2200+ GPUs mining on the network.  I've been mining since release over a year ago and been making nothing but money.

I predicted the difficulty coaster attack to litecoin as well, but oddly it doesn't seem to affect the currency as I had thought it might.  The result seems to be that whoever is mining on the low difficulty periods is dumping quickly, but whoever is mining on the high difficulty periods is hardly dumping at all, so the price has been maintained stable.

The hash rate of the network is also slowly going up on the high difficulty periods.

You're the poster boy for LTC. LTC won't ever be worth anything because the only people using it are people like you.  BTC has the industrious, the inventive, the people who know how to work.  LTC is full of people like you. Scammers.
Yes, the BTC community is full of incredibly reliable and honest people like Pirate@40, Zhou Tong, Butterfly Labs, and Taaki to name a few...  And services such as Silk Road.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 04:48:13 PM

It's impossible to tell if BFL is a scam or not at this point, since we haven't seen a product from them at this point or any reasonable indication that they even ordered wafers from a fab (unlike Avalon, who has showed their TSMC inventory sheets).

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 04:50:19 PM

IMO

LTC="ohh shit, don't buyed Apple shares 15 years ago ... the most intelligent will be buy shares of this new chinese company that makes bad copies of iphone and in a few years I'll be rich..."

Ok, there are many speculation in BTC, but LTC is only that. Has no greater utility than moving from place to place your money and mining, bitcoin don't need silver, is ridiculous.

I don't say that LTC is worthless or will not have value, after all will be the bid and ask who determine this. But in terms of its value as a project ... contributes nothing, is a crude attempt to create a new scenario of "new early adopters" where its creators can make profits with its revaluation.

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
jcpham

Activity: 165

Your Argument is Irrelephant

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 04:53:33 PM

Yes, please switch to litecoins or whatever new alt-coin comes next. gpu-based bitcoin mining is the future, but only for the brave suckers.... In the meantime I'll redeem these 2 million coinlab shares.
tacotime
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 04:58:03 PM

Yes, please switch to litecoins or whatever new alt-coin comes next. gpu-based bitcoin mining is the future, but only for the brave suckers.... In the meantime I'll redeem these 2 million coinlab shares.

CoinLab   I've got no desire to put my wealth into any centralized organization after Bitcoinica etc

Code:
jcpham

Activity: 165

Your Argument is Irrelephant

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 05:21:51 PM

I hate >100% PPS too. Trust no one.
BlackBison

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 05:43:19 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 06:11:47 PM by BlackBison

Almost everyone had said LTC was dead due to gpu mining earlier this year.. after a sharp 40-50% drop for a few weeks, the LTC price then began a huge bull move higher in price and hashrate. Price vs BTC now stands at over 15x the all time lows and over 7x the average price around that time before the upmove. Hashrate is currently varying between 25x and 40x what is was back then (obviously it has recently doubled to stay inline with the BTC reward halving, but even before that is was 10-15x).

People have been saying it was a pump and dump about to collapse for literally the last 6 months straight and it has held its high price the whole time. I know this as I frequent the btc-e website often and the chat is full of wannabe mccorvic's talking the same garbage every single day and being wrong. You would think after 180 days straight of being dead wrong and the price going higher and higher they would get the message, but some people never learn.

I will link my previous post about the merits of having more than one cryptocurrency because I am not going to re-write it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124320.msg1336428#msg1336428

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 12:05:04 AM

Who made the rule that there is only room for ONE cryptocurrency? The market will decide that. There are lots of interesting ways for a lesser and greater cryptocurrency to complement one another.

Actually, no, there really isn't. Any reason I've ever been given that any other coin can "complement" BTC has been weak at best and amounts to "because I want to print my own money still *boohoo*".  The only possible goal of LTC, as I've said before, is to ruin the idea of cryptocurrencies in general. There have been lots of people who have been turned off from BTC simply because LTC and other alt-coins exist.

"Why waste time on money on BTC if people could just jump over to the exact same thing with a different name and leave me broke? Sounds like a scam" Hence: scamcoin

Now, the market WILL decide. It'll decide that you're a victim of a pump-dump scam and you've just wasted your time. I'm just trying to help you out and tell you that you could be doing something productive with BTC instead of being an emo-kid that's upset you can't print your own money.

You don't have to use LTC dumbass.

All this talk about "economy building"...and what have you done so far for the Bitcoin Economy? Oh right nothing! lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 12:33:38 AM

Actually, no, there really isn't. Any reason I've ever been given that any other coin can "complement" BTC has been weak at best and amounts to "because I want to print my own money still *boohoo*".  The only possible goal of LTC, as I've said before, is to ruin the idea of cryptocurrencies in general. There have been lots of people who have been turned off from BTC simply because LTC and other alt-coins exist.

Now, the market WILL decide. It'll decide that you're a victim of a pump-dump scam and you've just wasted your time. I'm just trying to help you out and tell you that you could be doing something productive with BTC instead of being an emo-kid that's upset you can't print your own money.

You don't have to use LTC dumbass.

All this talk about "economy building"...and what have you done so far for the Bitcoin Economy? Oh right nothing! LOL LOL LOL LOL

FTFY you usually use more LOLs in caps.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 01:58:22 AM

I switched this morning. More profitable.

No, it's not.

Hourly coins mined by an HD5970 at stock clocks:

Bitcoin: HD5970: 660e6 (hash/sec) * 3600 (sec/hour) / (2^32 * 3370e3 (current difficulty)) * 25 (bitcoins/block) = .0041 bitcoins/hour
Litecoin: 700e3 (hash/sec) * 3600 (sec/hour) / (2^32 * 43.097 (current difficulty)) * 50 (litecoins/block) * .0059 (bitcoin/litecoin exchange rate) = .0040 bitcoins/hours
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 10:25:51 PM

I think you may be able to sucker a few people into thinking scamcoin is interesting.

Crytocurrencies were never about being able to print your own money. They were about building a new economy.  Instead of wasting time/effort on whatever-coin, try to do something useful and be apart of BTC.
+1

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: