Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:27:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-01-07] CTUK: Bitcoin, Privacy & the Road to Encryption  (Read 222 times)
CoinTelegraph UK (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:27:41 AM

When I first came across Bitcoin around four years ago, I was already interested in maintaining my personal right to privacy online although it was only through following the road of the digital currency that led me to an interest in encryption and how to use it and really maintain my right to a private life.

As most people know when you are online nothing is private, you have your internet service provider (ISP) monitoring everything you do and storing it on a database, your IP address is like your home phone number and can pinpoint your location and then you have the likes of Facebook connecting it all together for marketing purposes at the very least and playing with people’s emotions at the worst.

How many of you have been looking up a flight on an app like EasyJet for example only to google your local news afterwards and have advertisements for what you just looked at in the App pop up at you on your local news source website?

Then you have all the government spy agencies were someone who you don’t know is monitoring what you’re looking up, listening to your personal phone calls to your wife or kids, reading your text messages, checking out your photos stored on devices, what music you listen to, media programmes you watch, who you associate with and every other personal detail they can access about you, using it to build a psychological profile of us individually and storing it on a database.

They then use reverse psychology in the mainstream media using phrases like “if you’ve nothing to hide, then you shouldn’t be bothered” and “this is essential to protect us from terrorism”.

Firstly the vast majority of the population have nothing to hide except their right to a private life which has slowly been eroded under the guise of false flags; and secondly I don’t see this mass surveillance stopping 15 year old boys hacking major corporations or bomb attacks going off in major cities, so what is its real purpose?

http://cointelegraph.uk/news/116010/bitcoin-privacy-the-road-to-encryption
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: