Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 04:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: casascius 2013 brass 0.5 and 1.0 individuals and sealed rolls  (Read 30247 times)
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 01:36:57 PM

If you just send it as normal mail, declare 20 dollar and state "sample" no-one will have to pay taxes. Also you're a private person, but you sell as a business, that's the problem... it's not gold or silver, it's brass....
If this is possible then I am interested in purchasing these coins aswell Smiley

It is worth taking into consideration who will be responsible if one of the  "$20 samples" get lost in the mail and is never delivered.
Unfortunately this do happen from time to time  Undecided

Buyer should bear with the risk then, I've done this multiple times and package has never been lost.

Exactly, if a choice was given sadly not. Also you all forget the fact that this has tax advantages for the seller, yet the buyer must feel the consequence... it's really not neccesary, I can only speak for the Netherlands, just recieved about 100 dollars in retro games from usa, not a penny.... And then last, it was never stated.... If a private person had send it, I would never had to pay 40 euro´s.

Also the fact that he knew that he would do it this way, which made it certain that I would have to pay VAT, he could have least be upfront about it and left me a choice, I would´ve waited for a seller in the EU then... Even a seller in the USA who send it as a private person would be a option, but not this...

And all the law abiding citizin´s here Smiley, bet you all register every single bitcoin you have to the state and pay taxes on them, o no, no-one does that  Roll Eyes Bitcoin is one big gray area, so I don't understand he chose the least preferrable way to send it Sad

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:02:50 PM

And all the law abiding citizin´s here Smiley, bet you all register every single bitcoin you have to the state and pay taxes on them, o no, no-one does that

Huh You guys don't report your income from BTC? But this place is obviously being watched by the tax man! Huh

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
camolist (OP)

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 06:42:09 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 06:53:26 PM by camolist

If you just send it as normal mail, declare 20 dollar and state "sample" no-one will have to pay taxes. Also you're a private person, but you sell as a business, that's the problem... it's not gold or silver, it's brass....
If this is possible then I am interested in purchasing these coins aswell Smiley

It is worth taking into consideration who will be responsible if one of the  "$20 samples" get lost in the mail and is never delivered.
Unfortunately this do happen from time to time  Undecided

Buyer should bear with the risk then, I've done this multiple times and package has never been lost.

Exactly, if a choice was given sadly not. Also you all forget the fact that this has tax advantages for the seller, yet the buyer must feel the consequence... it's really not neccesary, I can only speak for the Netherlands, just recieved about 100 dollars in retro games from usa, not a penny.... And then last, it was never stated.... If a private person had send it, I would never had to pay 40 euro´s.

Also the fact that he knew that he would do it this way, which made it certain that I would have to pay VAT, he could have least be upfront about it and left me a choice, I would´ve waited for a seller in the EU then... Even a seller in the USA who send it as a private person would be a option, but not this...

And all the law abiding citizin´s here Smiley, bet you all register every single bitcoin you have to the state and pay taxes on them, o no, no-one does that  Roll Eyes Bitcoin is one big gray area, so I don't understand he chose the least preferrable way to send it Sad

Furio you wanted to go through escrow..tell me..if the "letters" got seized how quickly would you run to escrow blaming me for the shipping lies?

i am not sending "samples" i am not sending documents so what non lie goes on the customs form?

i am running under a registered llc / business so i am well known and not wanting to be out there as breaking shipping laws..

i was asked (from someone from your exact country) how i ship and i explained it as a reply (in january)

only way i would even begin to consider this is if paid up front in btc and you agreeing that my liability ended there. i said it got shipped it got shipped no debate and the deal is then between usps and your countries customs and mail delivery and you

also if this was that huge of a problem i imagine your post has a refuse shipment option that would return to sender? but no you paid the tax then come complaining when i am just following the law, and what i said in a reply in this thread in january that i would do - then come straight to me wanting the btc taken off the sale price

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:02:17 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 08:19:33 AM by Furio

Furio you wanted to go through escrow..tell me..if the "letters" got seized how quickly would you run to escrow blaming me for the shipping lies?

i am not sending "samples" i am not sending documents so what non lie goes on the customs form?

i am running under a registered llc / business so i am well known and not wanting to be out there as breaking shipping laws..

i was asked (from someone from your exact country) how i ship and i explained it as a reply (in january)

only way i would even begin to consider this is if paid up front in btc and you agreeing that my liability ended there. i said it got shipped it got shipped no debate and the deal is then between usps and your countries customs and mail delivery and you

also if this was that huge of a problem i imagine your post has a refuse shipment option that would return to sender? but no you paid the tax then come complaining when i am just following the law, and what i said in a reply in this thread in january that i would do - then come straight to me wanting the btc taken off the sale price

I wanted to go through escrow!? You made a deal with PB to be the escrow for all sales, I never requested anything.... But you're right, allways escrow, yet you were the one doing it, not me Smiley

Nobody knows wtf it is, bitcoin is one big grey area, again you come with law, bet all your bitcoin are registrered and taxed Wink Law is relative, if they don't know what it is, they don't, 50 dollar would have been believable, but you never gave any info or options directly to me in ALL your messages.

I understand that IF you send it as a business, you want to abide by the law, yet you never stated that you send it as a business, I was dealing with a private person and that is exactly my point. Hope you take from this that it's allways prefferable to disclose all information, eventhough you've stated it before, you just changed your OP recently and made a new posts about VAT after our dispute, which also says alot.

I was very pleased with your communication, that was exactly the reason I was thicked off, you send me sooo much messages, yet never any word about something you were gonna do for sure,  yet had negative consequences for me...

Your right, it was stupid to accept the mail, but I was sure we could split it 50/50, since you never disclosed it to me. Just be thankfull you live in the USA, under Dutch law you had the pay the full €40 to me, since you didn't diclose it in communication to me or referred to it. Under Dutch law that's a violation, under USA law not so much Smiley

Eventhough PB stated to me that he didn't find it very friendly to not disclose this info directly to me, under USA law it's not prohibited... O, well lesson learnt, never again from the usa, hate extra taxes Smiley We pay MORE than enough over here Wink

Lastly, you've implied that I would give problems once it didn't arrive. Offcourse I would if we didn't speak about it, but IF you gave me the option, which would be the situation in your event described above, and would state at own risk, I'm a man of principles, you can ask that to PB, I would never gave troubles if we had discussed it an made an agreement, don't state things you don't know Smiley I'm really not that kind of person Smiley

The fact that you imply this to me, is the same that I say that you didn't disclose it, because you knew that meant no deal, I cannot know your motivation, maybe you geniually forget to tell it, or thought it was obvious I had to pay taxes.. eitherway, you should have told it to me in my view and under Dutch Law Smiley

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:55:01 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, the take-away here is that one should always be aware of their country's import regulations when purchasing products from international sellers.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 08:16:35 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2015, 08:34:03 PM by camolist

that's fine by me. your btc is still in escrow (he told me to send an address to get the bitcoin but i held off knowing this likely wasn't over  Roll Eyes )

i have not updated the OP about shipping have i Huh at least not yet last edit was on the 17th and it says nothing about customs - i was asked in january and replied in a non edited post about how i would do it though (never made it to the OP but that user at least thought to ask/research their countries customs handling and my response has been in the thread ever since)

i sell bitcoin by coinbase...it would be foolish to not report something sold through there as i guarantee they report transactions

the OP has said (from the start) either bitcoin held in escrow OR direct with me - you say here escrow was my idea but here is copy-pasted from your very first message contacting me "Allmost got scammed hahahaha, but not really, because I only use trusted escrows Smiley"

not sure what this deal about a "business" is - i sent the mail from my name "steven ruman" and sent it as "merchandise" other customs form options are dangerous goods, documents, commercial samples, humanitarian goods, or gift. NONE other apply to a sale other than merch

filled out exactly as per my january post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131828.msg10304993#msg10304993

you bring up yet again that i updated and or posted after the fact about VAT ? i posted in JANUARY in an NON edited post exactly the method i would use to ship

Hi,

After consulting with customs over here I've decided to send the shipment return to sender. It's not just the €40,70, it's your (lack of) reaction on this. You've changed the OP and made a new posts about VAT, yet you claim I should have known.

Your reasoning in this is something I can't accept, because I had posted in your thread, I therefore read all the messages!? This made me decide to return to sender, this high and mighty attitude, while you DID change the OP after this, nausiates me.

I geniually didn't know, and you hiding behind law, while you most definetely haven't payed taxes on all YOUR bitcoin is hypocritical, you obey law when it serves you....

The last fact, in all your messages not a word, forces me to this decision.

Grtz,

Furio

I wanted to go through escrow!? You made a deal with PB to be the escrow for all sales, I never requested anything.... But you're right, allways escrow, yet you were the one doing it, not me Smiley

Nobody knows wtf it is, bitcoin is one big grey area, again you come with law, bet all your bitcoin are registrered and taxed Wink Law is relative, if they don't know what it is, they don't, 50 dollar would have been believable, but you never gave any info or options directly to me in ALL your messages.

I understand that IF you send it as a business, you want to abide by the law, yet you never stated that you send it as a business, I was dealing with a private person and that is exactly my point. Hope you take from this that it's allways prefferable to disclose all information, eventhough you've stated it before, you just changed your OP recently and made a new posts about VAT after our dispute, which also says alot.

I was very pleased with your communication, that was exactly the reason I was thicked off, you send me sooo much messages, yet never any word about something you were gonna do for sure,  yet had negative consequences for me...

Your right, it was stupid to accept the mail, but I was sure we could split it 50/50, since you never disclosed it to me. Just be thankfull you live in the USA, under Dutch law you had the pay the full €40 to me, since you didn't diclose it in communication to me or referred to it. Under Dutch law that's a violation, under USA law not so much Smiley

Eventhough PB stated to me that he didn't find it very friendly to not disclose this info directly to me, under USA law it's not prohibited... O, well lesson learnt, never again from the usa, hate extra taxes Smiley We pay MORE than enough over here Wink

Lastly, you've implied that I would give problems once it didn't arrive. Offcourse I would if we didn't speak about it, but IF you gave me the option, which would be the situation in your event described above, and would state at own risk, I'm a man of principles, you can ask that to PB, I would never gave troubles if we had discussed it an made an agreement, don't state things you don't know Smiley I'm really not that kind of person Smiley

The fact that you imply this to me, is the same that I say that you didn't disclose it, because you knew that meant no deal, I cannot know your motivation, maybe you geniually forget to tell it, or thought it was obvious I had to pay taxes.. eitherway, you should have told it to me in my view and under Dutch Law Smiley

ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:51:23 PM

I can confirm that this is definetly not in the Dutch law, every person here is and should be aware that purchasing anything outside the EU will come with additional costs due to customs, the seller does not specifically have to mention this at all..

(Unless seller mentions that VAT is included, which means you propably paid both US and EU VAT and gives you the right to claim back one of them)

The only thing you could try is to negotiate with the seller to declare a lower value, but his comes with great risks for the seller if customs find out about this. (I have done this before with sellers from US and China, but it is not common)
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 09:02:32 AM

Just wanting to make sure:
What value are you going to write down? Only the .3 BTC in USD, or 1.3 BTC in USD?
I most likely have to pay 21%, and I don't want to pay 21% over the BTC I already own.
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 09:14:44 AM

Just wanting to make sure:
What value are you going to write down? Only the .3 BTC in USD, or 1.3 BTC in USD?
I most likely have to pay 21%, and I don't want to pay 21% over the BTC I already own.
of the 0.3

the 1.0 is essentially just changing wallets. coin is selling at .3

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:30:21 AM

if you have a deposit made be expecting a message in the next 24 hours  Wink

check out this beautiful sight (ignore my ugly workbench  Roll Eyes )

Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 03:47:42 AM

I haven't received any message from you however I went ahead and funded escrow with the remainder of the amount due for the coins I am purchasing.

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 04:46:37 AM

I haven't received any message from you however I went ahead and funded escrow with the remainder of the amount due for the coins I am purchasing.

I'm behind still have to message you and two others

I'll get it in a few hours

Panthers52

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 05:20:44 AM

I'm behind still have to message you and two others

I'll get it in a few hours
Take your time. I am not in a huge rush and my money is protected by escrow either way Smiley

PGP 827D2A60

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 08:30:15 AM

if you have a deposit made be expecting a message in the next 24 hours  Wink

check out this beautiful sight (ignore my ugly workbench  Roll Eyes )

---https://i.imgur.com/IvtHRrk.jpg----

I was never too much fan of brass coins.
But these brass "fresh of the roll" looks beautiful!
Congrats to all the new owners Smiley

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 08:56:04 PM

keeping the post office in business the past two days  Cool

everyone who has paid should have a tracking number and all packages that i have given a tracking number for are in the mail

will be updating the OP a bit later to add to the list of sold coins need to first run out and ship one more package

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 12:42:07 AM

sales moving along nicely  Cool

these coins have been sold or have a pending sale and are no longer available
up to date as of PM march 27th:

13MoRRAPMuen3Sxuj7rkwTjmueiBsVctTf
 13MucspPFs3MNVpEvMNTJHFwZ46gSPqGsH
 12CCiXbKFL7nDd2hbG5D5f7sgeiMoid6zF
 12CG9wjMapUpMotDfW8LbZncDkAWHCW8Ak
12CLkbmHZetEdAAcRuhAT7nLancBAMsjHr
12CAHKaZKwSyprSxEbnK3yULyfRiUTqwKJ
12Cr77Ri1FtGE6vpPk7LWhQugVmUk9jQVK
12CoUDYNG4MqVhm5WVZ8EAWVKL6DcpUviT
12C2frnUNbcduve782jSkKE93Bfvd785AG
12CbUmBBhxbxj4fd9NoR4GjYXwHgPJBHm2
12Cz8PnUjqAftRYkwuzhZYwhDHNUA1CDaS
12CSWyuhdcXCtJ6mKfExtb7btH1fKPrFVG
12CYAesrsyPaGHanJi6GrgfETE5Hzb4qZ6
12Cfdn3JoeHXSGwYux2X3URvoApbb6376t
12C21axwr2mt4r9Xtfs1ZHRRRv9eR7JjwN
12CgaNfJFk9334e14ypg5bdQufrzYyDCrW
12CZW3iSFZeZCLfabaRnMRCt7oHijFb4Hn
12Cu8pxTuCS4cy5z79JUnXY6TLYfUPj6HE
12CK1o4D6G7bxBcg3KxAPgySBjX4pg4XFa
12Cduaqmt5MZj119NXkMaccr4drmjCM5sj
12CYt2o6KmshYBgRJBWdVsBKniFJ3dNBvx
12Czt1x6WdpFWn4vAfmL1fUKbX3uDU4TVT
12CWLxjfAhuvhzFLvFwMyX9bqkWoNjScKh
12C7hNDJMhoWhQZ8zJp3dWaEDD3rfmbT2L
12CZ7Vw9meiJB9qwvooiBauLMeq8cRj11E
12C6WmDftKmfPkRPBx4L6RrPYmTHmYhNyg
13MdizDmR5YuuYMfyxgqLUztT33vBHB5KU
13MSGeqVXbyV7gVH47PMMXugoqFjoMUm4A
12CNPK25ZjKkeKrfwXguUqzzZPz9jrQi2z
13MDM7MveP3nr9eKx6b1WZ7emD4YZ2XNAi
13M3J64JqfhS5rcAcjCw7iRs4MhuDnA883
12CJQWPiZZrWgDsQYpu7dz8rRim5RoxkKH
13Mb3sRqMAHtjLnyMGxH9cSghYXbZsumF5
13My5JCzDyhxp3ikmqFdLaAXjDbSaqC9Pm
13Mr66RBVV5idXDJAXgJbaZh4pbbjaBRit
13MBGU5pVZ1B5zAqdbtxiqb6QKwvcgUJin
13MdtE9TciD7SaLvuLbsjpdSMLfudYK1Lm
13MUDMcLyZpXnz4fM4EctyRsTByU72E8b5
 13MPRTBedJEQyLrthsJXb75zuQRbUUQiSE
13MBomU4YRfEeQtXgUrNcRt7qGfNPW8Q3Y

cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 07:53:55 PM

sales moving along nicely  Cool

these coins have been sold or have a pending sale and are no longer available
up to date as of PM march 27th:

13MoRRAPMuen3Sxuj7rkwTjmueiBsVctTf
 13MucspPFs3MNVpEvMNTJHFwZ46gSPqGsH
 12CCiXbKFL7nDd2hbG5D5f7sgeiMoid6zF
 12CG9wjMapUpMotDfW8LbZncDkAWHCW8Ak
12CLkbmHZetEdAAcRuhAT7nLancBAMsjHr
12CAHKaZKwSyprSxEbnK3yULyfRiUTqwKJ
12Cr77Ri1FtGE6vpPk7LWhQugVmUk9jQVK
12CoUDYNG4MqVhm5WVZ8EAWVKL6DcpUviT
12C2frnUNbcduve782jSkKE93Bfvd785AG
12CbUmBBhxbxj4fd9NoR4GjYXwHgPJBHm2
12Cz8PnUjqAftRYkwuzhZYwhDHNUA1CDaS
12CSWyuhdcXCtJ6mKfExtb7btH1fKPrFVG
12CYAesrsyPaGHanJi6GrgfETE5Hzb4qZ6
12Cfdn3JoeHXSGwYux2X3URvoApbb6376t
12C21axwr2mt4r9Xtfs1ZHRRRv9eR7JjwN
12CgaNfJFk9334e14ypg5bdQufrzYyDCrW
12CZW3iSFZeZCLfabaRnMRCt7oHijFb4Hn
12Cu8pxTuCS4cy5z79JUnXY6TLYfUPj6HE
12CK1o4D6G7bxBcg3KxAPgySBjX4pg4XFa
12Cduaqmt5MZj119NXkMaccr4drmjCM5sj
12CYt2o6KmshYBgRJBWdVsBKniFJ3dNBvx
12Czt1x6WdpFWn4vAfmL1fUKbX3uDU4TVT
12CWLxjfAhuvhzFLvFwMyX9bqkWoNjScKh
12C7hNDJMhoWhQZ8zJp3dWaEDD3rfmbT2L
12CZ7Vw9meiJB9qwvooiBauLMeq8cRj11E
12C6WmDftKmfPkRPBx4L6RrPYmTHmYhNyg
13MdizDmR5YuuYMfyxgqLUztT33vBHB5KU
13MSGeqVXbyV7gVH47PMMXugoqFjoMUm4A
12CNPK25ZjKkeKrfwXguUqzzZPz9jrQi2z
13MDM7MveP3nr9eKx6b1WZ7emD4YZ2XNAi
13M3J64JqfhS5rcAcjCw7iRs4MhuDnA883
12CJQWPiZZrWgDsQYpu7dz8rRim5RoxkKH
13Mb3sRqMAHtjLnyMGxH9cSghYXbZsumF5
13My5JCzDyhxp3ikmqFdLaAXjDbSaqC9Pm
13Mr66RBVV5idXDJAXgJbaZh4pbbjaBRit
13MBGU5pVZ1B5zAqdbtxiqb6QKwvcgUJin
13MdtE9TciD7SaLvuLbsjpdSMLfudYK1Lm
13MUDMcLyZpXnz4fM4EctyRsTByU72E8b5
 13MPRTBedJEQyLrthsJXb75zuQRbUUQiSE
13MBomU4YRfEeQtXgUrNcRt7qGfNPW8Q3Y

Lol, sales have skyrocketed. I will probably order a couple soon Smiley
Panthers52

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2015, 08:52:02 PM

I just received my two coins today. I am very happy with the trade and think that camolist was very pleasant to work with.

PGP 827D2A60

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 01:22:21 AM

bump! have a drop off at the post office tomorrow about 3 Eastern timezone. if anyone wants to get an order in  Cool

Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 01:54:33 AM

Bought 4 coins from camolist without escrow and they arrived today.  Coins are perfect and camolist was easy to deal with and followed the package until I received it.  Would do business with him again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: