Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: casascius 2013 brass 0.5 and 1.0 individuals and sealed rolls  (Read 30245 times)
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:15:34 AM

bump

considering a "group buy" for the rolls where buyers would give an up front deposit (say 0.05 BTC) and a return address

set a time a few months in the future as an end date OR when say >=75% of the coins have a deposit on them to open the roll

give everyone with a deposit a month to pay the full amount or lose their deposit

it's one way i see to sell individual coins without breaking a roll just to sell a few coins

Interested!

Also interested.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 01:41:15 AM

So you're selling the coins individually? If I wanted five I could get five?...for the right price of course.

camolist (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 01:48:09 AM

So you're selling the coins individually? If I wanted five I could get five?...for the right price of course.

i've been all along. thread was started Dec 20, 2012 and i just now ran out of non rolled coins  Tongue

thanks for the feedback everyone! obvious demand is obvious

i'll work out the details tomorrow and get them posted

Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 01:51:42 AM

Ah, thanks for the update. Are you planning to sell any unrolled coins? I'm bummed I missed out on this one.

Obvious demand should be obvious...congrats on your successful sales.

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:27:33 AM

He camolist, someone is impersonating you, pming people interested in your coins,

Watch out if someone pm''s you regarding this thread!

Impersonator --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=418468

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 03:43:45 AM

bump. please read the wall of text in the first post everyone  Cool

will work on formatting and cleaning it up a bit later tonight but all the info should be present

feel free to ask any questions in public or private in regards to this

bestcoin_59

Activity: 288
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 07:05:35 AM

Hello Wink

Thanks for the update.

Just wondering: why this coin has been funded twice?

https://blockchain.info/fr/address/12CDrJVn55VrCe7fByxGXpyNoYsfuQkdxd

Also, why did you decide to break two rolls (out of the four)? According to your rates,
it would have been more interested for you to sell the four rolls intact. Did i miss
something?

Still interested though.

Can you please provide me your bitcoin address in order to book the coins. Thanks Wink

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 08:31:33 AM

Hello Wink
Thanks for the update.
Also, why did you decide to break two rolls (out of the four)? According to your rates,
it would have been more interested for you to sell the four rolls intact. Did i miss
something?
Still interested though.
Can you please provide me your bitcoin address in order to book the coins. Thanks Wink

looks like someone sent "satoshi's" ie  0.00000001 BTC to some of these coins

honestly no idea why that is done but I have often gotten micro deposits to addresses that i have coins on

i would love to sell the rolls intact (think of how much less work that would be!!) but the market of people with 45-70 BTC to spend is much smaller then the market of people willing to spend 0.8-1.3 and up

i'll be messaging to find out which coins you are looking to reserve and if you want to use escrow or direct

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:35:13 AM

PM'd you an PsychoticBoy, ordered one loaded brass casascius 1 bitcoin for 1.3 Smiley

bestcoin_59

Activity: 288
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 03:50:13 PM

Hello,

when deposits are held for 40 or more in a roll the roll will be opened and coins moved to individual coin cases by gloved hands

users with a deposit will then have 1 month to complete their payment either to escrow or direct and provide shipping details or their deposit will be forfeited unless a replacement buyer can be located

So if i understand well, it is impossible to get a picture of the coins before buying Sad

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 08:29:34 PM

PM'd you an PsychoticBoy, ordered one loaded brass casascius 1 bitcoin for 1.3 Smiley

thanks! i've you got you on my local spreadsheet i will update the first posts list (with many details striped from my spreadsheet) later in the day

Hello,
So if i understand well, it is impossible to get a picture of the coins before buying Sad

the first post of the thread has two pdf files that casascius signed that image all 50 coins per roll just before he sealed them - i intend to open the rolls and move them to individual coin cases by gloved hands when they are ready to ship so the coins will be as they left casascius

i would not ship a coin that differed from what is visible in those pictures

Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 11:50:20 PM

I'm interested in buying one.

Does anyone know if there is any VAT/additional costs with shipping to the Netherlands?
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 12:00:34 AM

I'm interested in buying one.

Does anyone know if there is any VAT/additional costs with shipping to the Netherlands?

I ship from the US so anyone elsewhere i will have to fill out customs forms

the custom forms ask for a description and USD value

I've always written the USD value of the BTC charged over face value minus shipping cost

so in this case 0.3 BTC * ~$250 USD = ~$75 - the shipping cost

and brass collectable coin as the contents

have never had trouble but I am unsure about any extra costs you will have to take the above and research your individual country

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 10:28:08 PM

bump!

5 and 10 per roll sold

Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 03:52:43 PM

Just wanting to make some things clear:

1. I sent the 0.1 BTC to you, which means I am on the list.
2. We wait until 40 people are on the list.
3. You open the roll and ask everyone to pay the additional 1.2 BTC (to an escrow)
4. You ship the coins to my address that I'll PM you.
5. When I received the coin, I tell the escrow that he can release the BTC to you.

Is that right?
Another question: if I decide that I don't want to buy the coin anymore; will you send my 0.1 back?
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 04:27:35 PM

Just wanting to make some things clear:

1. I sent the 0.1 BTC to you, which means I am on the list.
2. We wait until 40 people are on the list.
3. You open the roll and ask everyone to pay the additional 1.2 BTC (to an escrow)
4. You ship the coins to my address that I'll PM you.
5. When I received the coin, I tell the escrow that he can release the BTC to you.

Is that right?
Another question: if I decide that I don't want to buy the coin anymore; will you send my 0.1 back?

it's all correct

the 0.1 can also be held at escrow if you would like.

the 0.1 deposit can be refunded at any time prior to the rolls being opened when 40 coins are sold

Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 08:45:12 PM

Hello Wink
Thanks for the update.
something?
Still interested though.

looks like someone sent "satoshi's" ie  0.00000001 BTC to some of these coins

honestly no idea why that is done but I have often gotten micro deposits to addresses that i have coins on

i would love to sell the rolls intact (think of how much less work that would be!!) but the market of people with 45-70 BTC to spend is much smaller then the market of people willing to spend 0.8-1.3 and up

i'll be messaging to find out which coins you are looking to reserve and if you want to use escrow or direct

There's a thought that Casascius coins are most valuable when they have ONLY the original BTC1 from Mike funded on the coin. People will send 1 satoshi to random coins in an effort to "vandalize" the coin or devalue that specific coin. I think peopled do it out of jealousy. This is just a theory, I've never seen this characteristic impact or prevent a sale.

Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 09:11:36 PM

Thanks for the detail, love the system except for one detail...

What if you never get 40 coins reserved? Will I ever get the coins I reserve with the deposit (hypothetically)? I'm putting money at risk on an order that I never know will be fulfilled.

Also, what does the "any" designation mean? Is that a reservation where someone has not specifically requested a specific coin in the roll?

Thanks.

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 09:20:39 PM

Thanks for the detail, love the system except for one detail...

What if you never get 40 coins reserved? Will I ever get the coins I reserve with the deposit (hypothetically)? I'm putting money at risk on an order that I never know will be fulfilled.

any point until 40 are reserved and i open the rolls your deposit can be returned "at any point up until 40 in the roll have deposits made for them you may request a refund of your deposit and the spot will be opened up to another potential buyer" from the first post

Also, what does the "any" designation mean? Is that a reservation where someone has not specifically requested a specific coin in the roll?

Thanks.

exactly that. i have deposits held for those coins but have not received any specific coin request and will just send a random coin unless they send a list of requests

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 07:53:59 AM

Have to post to bookmark this thread & watch the progress of the 40 coin rolls getting reserved/sold.
Somewhat sadly, I believe I have physical crypto coins by every other maker except the first and undisputed King of physical Bitcoins, Casascius. I will most likely be making a deposit on a coin soon and working on changing that.  Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: