Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:49:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to contact Mt. Gox?!! Money lost [so far]!!!  (Read 3577 times)
Veldy (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:58:16 AM

I received this email today.  I don't know if it was due to them finally getting to my email(s) or seeing the the discussion in these forums.

These funds have been reprocessed and should be in your account shortly. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Not in my account yet, but frankly I would expect that if they just reprocessed.

So you got a response in less than 48 hours from your initial email? I'd say that's pretty good compared to most "professional" businesses.

I disagree.  I can call my bank, go to my bank and get an answer immediately ... or get transferred around a lot.  Same for my brokerage.  There is no calling Mt. Gox.  I have used online functions for payment issues with my bank and I get a response if not a phone call very quickly; within a business day.

My point; they is running a commodities trading service, also acts as the brokerage and has no means of contact other than email and no system in place to dispute.  I am pretty confident that if I had never emailed my funds would have stayed in their account forever [thus assuming that I will get them after reprocessing].

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JBDive

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:59:30 AM

So is the process of transferring in coins totally manual as I sent coins yesterday with over 100 confirmations yet they still do not show in my balance.

Is there a better/quicker way to xfer from BC to cash?
AllYourBase

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 12:11:38 PM

I received this email today.  I don't know if it was due to them finally getting to my email(s) or seeing the the discussion in these forums.

These funds have been reprocessed and should be in your account shortly. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

Not in my account yet, but frankly I would expect that if they just reprocessed.

So you got a response in less than 48 hours from your initial email? I'd say that's pretty good compared to most "professional" businesses.

I disagree.  I can call my bank, go to my bank and get an answer immediately ... or get transferred around a lot.  Same for my brokerage.  There is no calling Mt. Gox.  I have used online functions for payment issues with my bank and I get a response if not a phone call very quickly; within a business day.

My point; they is running a commodities trading service, also acts as the brokerage and has no means of contact other than email and no system in place to dispute.  I am pretty confident that if I had never emailed my funds would have stayed in their account forever [thus assuming that I will get them after reprocessing].

MtGox is fine by me.  If it's not up to your standards then don't use it!  Your tone comes across to me like you'd support some organization shutting them down forcefully. 
wol-va-rine

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 12:24:47 PM

and how long has your bank been doing business...? we all are breaking new ground here and are at the beginning of a process, a process that will have bumps to smooth out along the way, calm down and have some patience...
Dynotor

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:14:34 PM

I also had problems with $10000 of withdrawals on Friday.  I had to email Magical Tux a couple times about it to get his attention -- he's really overworked right now and trying to hire someone new.  I finally got this response from him:

Hi,

It seems that Dwolla broke the sendMoney() api a few days before announcing publicly Dwolla Grid. We'll get this fixed within 24 hours and resend all the pending transfers.

Mark

I'm satisfied with this.  Let's give him some time, I'm sure things will get fixed soon.
rutrader

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:50:37 PM

I also had problems with $10000 of withdrawals on Friday.  I had to email Magical Tux a couple times about it to get his attention -- he's really overworked right now and trying to hire someone new.  I finally got this response from him:

Hi,

It seems that Dwolla broke the sendMoney() api a few days before announcing publicly Dwolla Grid. We'll get this fixed within 24 hours and resend all the pending transfers.

Mark

I'm satisfied with this.  Let's give him some time, I'm sure things will get fixed soon.

I can not withdraw even one btc right now. Message: "Your request was over the maximum authorized for your level of authorization for this time period. Please contact aml@mtgox.com to increase your limit."
zer0

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:55:29 PM

You can only take out max $1k per 24hrs in either Bitcoin or $$$ due to lame US laws (maybe Japan law too?) unless you send ID scans to their compliance email address
rutrader

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 02:06:07 PM

You can only take out max $1k per 24hrs in either Bitcoin or $$$ due to lame US laws (maybe Japan law too?) unless you send ID scans to their compliance email address

I did not withdraw money or btc in a month. And now I can not withdraw even one btc. It turns out that my limit is not $ 1000. My limit - 0.
Dynotor

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

I did not withdraw money or btc in a month. And now I can not withdraw even one btc. It turns out that my limit is not $ 1000. My limit - 0.

I'm not sure (since I sell BTC, rather than buy it) but I remember hearing in these forums that Mt Gox has a waiting period for withdrawing BTC bought with brand new funds.  The idea is that you need to keep the money in Mt Gox for a few days (not sure of the time period here) so that if there's a reversal on the Dwolla side Mt Gox will have a greater chance to be able to recover the funds.

Perhaps someone with more experience buying can chime in here?
megaproxy

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:21:48 PM

Saw this message on a forum that MTgox crew use.
We're absolutely inundated with email right now and have been battling to get Dwolla transactions functioning after they changed their API today. I saw some other threads in /r/bitcoin that I plan to address later on but we're barely sleeping trying to keep up with everything. Please be patient, if we do not answer emails right away it does NOT MEAN WE ARE RUNNING AWAY WITH YOUR MONEY.
Seriously, we're not.
We want to see Bitcoin substantiated as legal tender just as much as all of you and we aren't going to do anything short sighted, illegal or stupid to jeopardize that.
Thanks for all the support, and to the haters we're planning on putting every dime we can into lawyers, lobbying or whatever is necessary to ensure a place for the Bitcoin economy. Through the 0.65% trade fees you are directly supporting the future of Bitcoin.
Viva la Bitcoin!
Adam
jme621

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:43:07 PM

We're absolutely inundated with email right now and have been battling to get Dwolla transactions functioning after they changed their API today. I saw some other threads in /r/bitcoin that I plan to address later on but we're barely sleeping trying to keep up with everything. Please be patient, if we do not answer emails right away it does NOT MEAN WE ARE RUNNING AWAY WITH YOUR MONEY.
Seriously, we're not.
We want to see Bitcoin substantiated as legal tender just as much as all of you and we aren't going to do anything short sighted, illegal or stupid to jeopardize that.
Thanks for all the support, and to the haters we're planning on putting every dime we can into lawyers, lobbying or whatever is necessary to ensure a place for the Bitcoin economy. Through the 0.65% trade fees you are directly supporting the future of Bitcoin.
Viva la Bitcoin!
Adam

again why would they not post on these forums???
PcChip

Activity: 418

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:55:45 PM

Veldy - that poster was insinuating that you're working for BTCGuild trying to make MTGox look bad, right before BTCGuild starts up their own BTC2USD Exchange.

I'm not saying you are, just letting you know what he meant by "this thread smells."

To everyone else, I honestly believe the guy running MTGox is a one-man-show who's business suddenly took off faster than he anticipated, and he's doing the best he can to expand and take care of his users.  From what I understand each Dwolla transaction is done by him by hand, so that's why there's variation between transaction times.  If you catch him at the right time, maybe only a few hours; if he's just gone to bed, maybe 24 hours or so.  But from what people in this thread have posted he is hiring help, so I'd assume these will be much quicker soon.

Legacy signature from 2011: 
All rates with Phoenix 1.50 / PhatK
5850 - 400 MH/s  |  5850 - 355 MH/s | 5830 - 310 MH/s  |  GTX570 - 115 MH/s | 5770 - 210 MH/s | 5770 - 200 MH/s
minerX

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 01:15:46 AM

I'm still waiting on a 200+ dwolla transfer too.  From Sun I think.  I'm not too worried yet though.  Probably better off if its slow... I would have made a lot more money if I had waited to sell bitcoins. DAMN YOU MT. GOX FOR BEING SO EFFICIENT.

jme621

Activity: 360

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 01:23:10 AM

I'm still waiting on a 200+ dwolla transfer too.  From Sun I think.  I'm not too worried yet though.  Probably better off if its slow... I would have made a lot more money if I had waited to sell bitcoins. DAMN YOU MT. GOX FOR BEING SO EFFICIENT.

how is 4 days efficient, they could have mailed me a real check and it would have gotten here already lol
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 04:02:00 AM

Seriously, we're not.
Viva la Bitcoin!
Adam

This reads like the old Pay-To-Read "Program Owners" that would use today's money to pay yesterday's bills.  If they can't be professional in open forums, you trust your money with them?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: