Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:11:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks to people who support 1-2 MB blocks - great idea u fools...  (Read 17062 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 07:54:19 PM

chek2fire, i think i now know what you mean. That miners would not receive such a block because node block it and don't propagate it. But i think for hardcore miners this isn't a problem. They use matt's? network which means the blocks they fand are propagated in very short time. Even outperform 1 transaction block miners. So they would propagate simply to the biggest miners and the nodes that don't accept this block would stay on the sideline, building a fork. Together with the fork miners. But these nodes most probably would not affect the other chain very much.

At least i think so. I'm no expert in this. Tongue

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 11:07:03 PM

Fork Race Update: 315 : 155 nodes (Bitcoin Classic Hardfork 0.11.2 : Blockthestream Softfork 0.12.0)

Sorry but nodes mean nothing i think. I think an increase is inevitably as long as you want bitcoin adoption and not forcing users out of bitcoin into alternate systems like lightning network, but nodes mean nothing in the decision. Mining power coming from those nodes, that's import for sure.

You are wrong with this. If a hard fork happens nodes can reject the block that create miners that support fork. The legit nodes are the last defence in a malicious attack to the system like a hard fork attack.
And this number says nothing because we dont have an official new versiuon of bitcoin core to update.
The other think i like to say is that anyone who support a hard fork without first the segwit patch and the changes of 0.12.0 is simple fool and dont know anything about how bitcoin works. Simple is that bitcoin system can't handle a block size increase even to 2mb as it is now.

Holy fuck. Where did core find you? Are they trawling homeless shelters now?
Ad hominems , classy.

Keeping it on your level....
"Simple is that bitcoin system can't handle a block size increase even to 2mb as it is now" deserves all the derision that can be mustered.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:10:23 PM

Yes and no. Is not like that and not so simple in a complex system like bitcoin. Bitcoin nodes work with their own view of bitcoin rules. If a miner or other nodes break this rules then they simple reject to relay block and transactions to the network.
Let me explain more. Now we have active 5888 nodes and about 576 only Classic nodes. If miner decide to trigger the hard fork then they will use only nodes that support Classic fork. If they try to transmit a block to other nodes then they will simple reject it. The situation is worst in lightweight wallet. If that kind of wallet that support Classic try to transmit transactions to a not Classic node then they will reject this.
Everyone can understand what chaos will be in the bitcoin network in that situation.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:14:44 PM

Fork Race Update: 315 : 155 nodes (Bitcoin Classic Hardfork 0.11.2 : Blockthestream Softfork 0.12.0)

Sorry but nodes mean nothing i think. I think an increase is inevitably as long as you want bitcoin adoption and not forcing users out of bitcoin into alternate systems like lightning network, but nodes mean nothing in the decision. Mining power coming from those nodes, that's import for sure.

You are wrong with this. If a hard fork happens nodes can reject the block that create miners that support fork. The legit nodes are the last defence in a malicious attack to the system like a hard fork attack.
And this number says nothing because we dont have an official new versiuon of bitcoin core to update.
The other think i like to say is that anyone who support a hard fork without first the segwit patch and the changes of 0.12.0 is simple fool and dont know anything about how bitcoin works. Simple is that bitcoin system can't handle a block size increase even to 2mb as it is now.

Ad hominems , classy.

"Simple is that bitcoin system can't handle a block size increase even to 2mb as it is now" deserves all the derision that can be mustered.

And you deserves all the derision that can be mustered simple because you dont know anything about how bitcoin works and you support a hard fork that you will never understand how works and what will do. The most Classic supporters it seems to be  simple a blind zerg.
I will make only an advice to you. If that fork happen like Classic describe then take your money and run away from bitcoin. The will be nothing to see anymore in that system. The system will simple collapse.

sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 10:49:57 AM

Ad hominems , classy.

And you deserves all the derision that can be mustered simple because you dont know anything about how bitcoin works and you support a hard fork that you will never understand how works and what will do. The most Classic supporters it seems to be  simple a blind zerg.
I will make only an advice to you. If that fork happen like Classic describe then take your money and run away from bitcoin. The will be nothing to see anymore in that system. The system will simple collapse.

I think you just proved my point. Thanks Dude!

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
chek2fire
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:54:25 AM

Ad hominems , classy.

I think you just proved my point. Thanks Dude!

I see to your profile that you have a coinwallet signature. Coinwallet was the company that spam attack bitcoin network. Guys like you support hard fork. Hard fork as i say is a malicious attack to bitcoin and guys like you prove it.

sAt0sHiFanClub

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 12:12:21 PM

I see to your profile that you have a coinwallet signature. Coinwallet was the company that spam attack bitcoin network. Guys like you support hard fork. Hard fork as i say is a malicious attack to bitcoin and guys like you prove it.

pinkslink

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:10:03 PM

So hhow do we solve this shit, making blocks bigger has an issue, leaving blocks small has an issue, seems to me that bitcoin has just a flaw and fkin satoshi who is hiding himself failed.
tech will sort the issue
faster processors and connections fixes everything
which increase constantly anyway

just think back to when you needed 2 sd cards to store 50 HD movies
now you need 1
just think back when downloading a movie took hours, now its minutes
or a better comparison, would be a song that took hours but now takes seconds
it wasnt that long ago

instead of trying to change BTC,
which to me is an attempt to delay BTC
people (ones with big $) behind BTC, should be looking to push everything else needed for BTC
not change BTC
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 07:26:57 PM

Yes and no. Is not like that and not so simple in a complex system like bitcoin. Bitcoin nodes work with their own view of bitcoin rules. If a miner or other nodes break this rules then they simple reject to relay block and transactions to the network.
Let me explain more. Now we have active 5888 nodes and about 576 only Classic nodes. If miner decide to trigger the hard fork then they will use only nodes that support Classic fork. If they try to transmit a block to other nodes then they will simple reject it. The situation is worst in lightweight wallet. If that kind of wallet that support Classic try to transmit transactions to a not Classic node then they will reject this.
Everyone can understand what chaos will be in the bitcoin network in that situation.

I see what you mean now. I agree though only to a certain degree. Nodes really would be able to hinder propagation. But only against miners of the other chain that do not know how to properly propagate.

When miners only use the standard node with standard connection to the network then likely, your described situation will happen. But miners are smart nowadays. SPV-Mining (hope i didn't mix a shortcut) is one way to propagate fast but there is a network, i believe matt's network, that showed long ago that they can outperform 1 transaction block propagation very easily. They do this by propagating found blocks to big nodes in the network. They can get a block over 50% in, i believe less than a second in average. Not fully sure now.

So clever miners would simply connect to other miners they would know are real miners and that they support their chain. Or use matt's network to try to overwhelm the network and find those miners fast.

In theory, miners that use this technique would not have to fear something.

Or am i missing something?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]  All
  Print  

Jump to: