Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:55:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] JIFFY COIN |SHA256 - 5.1M Max Coins | on YOBIT and SAFECEX  (Read 20055 times)
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:06:35 PM

Difficulty still VERY high for me to jump on mining with my 1 th/s power but what the hell, OP didnt even bother to edit and add pools and other information there yet? Was it too hard? Roll Eyes
jiffy_dev (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:14:53 PM

Mining Pools have now been updated on the OP.

Im considering changing the difficulty retarget to every block, I have the code just concerned about causing any forking issues,  If anyone is willing to work with me on this send me a message.   I can see the difficulty decreasing and blocks coming in quicker.

The coin will get back on track if it has steady mining  it will just take much longer than expected.

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 09:20:10 PM

Im considering changing the difficulty retarget to every block, I have the code just concerned about causing any forking issues,  If anyone is willing to work with me on this send me a message.   I can see the difficulty decreasing and blocks coming in quicker.

The coin will get back on track if it has steady mining  it will just take much longer than expected.

Well you would have to ask the pool op that has the largest hash, he would be the one to help it not fork.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

alonso1982

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:50:24 AM

I cannot synchronize the portfolio, any solution
jiffy_dev (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:00:53 AM

which wallet are you using, Im running off the Linux version and its synching fine.  how far does it get can you send a screen shot?

Also did you create the jiffycoin.conf file from the front page? so that you connect to the correct nodes.
alonso1982

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 10:12:59 AM

Already this thank you very much for answering one sees that ponia slightly badly
jambo110
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:16:53 AM

Looks good now DEV

Low diff

Time to mine i recon.
jimlite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 02:11:45 AM

Dev,
Is this coin going anywhere? Are you working on exchanges, promotion, your goals?

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

Anoona

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:45:09 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1322865.0

TRANSLATED TO SPANISH!!
jiffy_dev (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:17:00 AM

Dev,
Is this coin going anywhere? Are you working on exchanges, promotion, your goals?

Hi a quick update on plans and to do list all being worked on or planned

Original Post: Tidy Up, Rearrange, etc wait for newbie status to allow images to appear.

Roadmap: Create detailed initial goals in a visual plan.

Create a basic website about JiffyCoin, as well as beta version for testing job search features and how to integrate Jiffy Coins into the site.  This will need to be done in stages, I can provide more detail once I play around with it.

Testing:
Depending on community involvement I would like feedback and initial testing, which could change direction in the plans otherwise I will just go through with how i want it to work.

Faucet - on the to do list not high priority as it fits in more with Marketing

Marketing
- Twitter setup, use of some of the premine to give out incentives/competitions, faucet.  Articles etc to get the word out about benefits of using the site compared to competition.  

Exchanges - I want miners to get some return on their mining resources as the coin wont last without miners and Im not looking at adding POS, so miners will drive the price.  I think its a bit early for exchanges, but feel free to contact smaller ones if they are interested in accepting Jiffy at this early stage.

Coin itself
- android and mac wallets need to be done, not high on the priority list but can be done by anyone or later.  

Stability - Just keeping an eye on hashing power and difficulty, this is important as Id prefer to leave the setup as is, Just want to avoid too much speculation and having difficulty skyrocket and have miners leave.

This is just some info about where things are at.   I havent added any timelines yet so please dont ask just to fuel speculation. l keep an eye on the forum but may not reply instantly and hopefully the community can help with responses if known.

jiffy_dev (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:51:32 AM

*****Announcement*******

Jiffy Coin was based on Bitcoin with 21 Million coins as the max, however the first halving occurs after a shorter time at 50 000 blocks.

What does this mean?

The total amount of coins has been dramatically reduced to 5.42 Million coins and not the original 21 Million in the Original Post.

So it is unintentionally  rarer than originally posted.  Im also aware that this means the premine is now more than the 2% of total coins in the original post.

The forum seems quiet and little feedback so far, I havent decided whether it is neccessary to burn some of the premine as good faith or keep it for development.  It would come in handy with getting additional development and support since it has been a little quiet.

I will see what sort of response I get over the next 24 hours in here and update the OP accordingly.
KJMZNine

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:23:06 AM

where exchange ??
ipominer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 11:06:10 AM

Im also aware that this means the premine is now more than the 2% of total coins in the original post.

The forum seems quiet and little feedback so far, I havent decided whether it is neccessary to burn some of the premine as good faith or keep it for development.  It would come in handy with getting additional development and support since it has been a little quiet.

I will see what sort of response I get over the next 24 hours in here and update the OP accordingly.

The problem with large premines is that it makes exchanges, traders, and miners wonder if the development team will simply sell the premine.

Currently, the premine is 420,000 coins, which is 7.75% of the total coins that will ever be mined. That's certainly excessive, and burning should be done to reduce that to 2% or less of the total supply, like the announcement specified.

The other issue with the premine is that in the early stages of a coin a percentage based on the total supply is out-sized. For example, the blockchain is at block 2688 now... 420,000 coins is currently 75.7% of the coins so far. (50 coins mined per block x 2688 blocks = 134,400 coins mined + 420,000 premine = 554,400 total coins so far.) Even 2% of 5.42 million, which is 108,400 coins, is still 44.6% of coins mined so far.

The ideal solution is that you would:

1) Burn 311,600 coins of the current premine -- this would leave a premine of 108,400 coins which would be 2% of the actual total supply of 5.42 million coins.
2) Escrow the remaining premine with a neutral third party which would release funds for development as needed. In that case, the premine would be guaranteed to be used for the intended stated purpose of development.

Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com!
99.9% uptime, low fees, custom high performance stratum servers, DDoS-resistant
Support by email at support@ipominer.com or ##ipoMiner on Freenode IRC
ioncanon

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

JaguarCrypto

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:08:22 AM

this next bitcoin???
jimlite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 03:31:43 PM

I agree with IPOminer on this. Seen it happen many times before.  It will also be easier to get an exchange if you do the burn.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money