Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:57:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this real? 50 'clean' Bitcoins for 80 'dirty' Bitcoins??  (Read 3694 times)
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 12:59:17 PM

I am not really convinced that it is necessarily a scam. There are a lot of "businesses" in the DarkNet which are observed by official authorities. Therefore, they could not convert those "dirty Bitcoins" into fiat money without much afford. So, they said themself: It is better to get 2/3 instead of nothing.
Also, there are some honest exchange services in the DarkNet which do such an conversion. The usual dirty/clean Bitcoins conversion rate is at 50-70%.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:02:21 PM

I am not really convinced that it is necessarily a scam. There are a lot of "businesses" in the DarkNet which are observed by official authorities. Therefore, they could not convert those "dirty Bitcoins" into fiat money without much afford. So, they said themself: It is better to get 2/3 instead of nothing.
Also, there are some honest exchange services in the DarkNet which do such an conversion. The usual dirty/clean Bitcoins conversion rate is at 50-70%.
any examples? Huh we wanna know more about it.

explicitly not.
how could you gain 80 bitcoins by paying 50 bitcoins out?  Huh isn't this a lie? because basically nobody would pay out BTC80 to get BTC50 no matter dirty or clean. it wastes your money.
You can use mixing service, like bitmixer.io, which is existing for long time and reliable. Their minimum fee is 0.5% plus 0.0005 BTC for every forward address.

i mean how could you ever gain another BTC30 by mixing out BTC50 to the others you don't know like in the darknet?
this seems to be majorly profitable but not even affordable to do and have a certain risk.  Sad

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:03:17 PM

if anyone wants to mix coins. they just create a new account on a legitimate exchange. deposit coins and then withdraw.. the withdrawal coins will be different and the fee is well under 1%.

You have to assume the exchange logs your activity. If it's legitimate then it's subject to law enforcement forcing them to supply those logs. In fact, it's hard to describe any exchange that doesn't comply with KYC requirements as legitimate. I expect the ones that allow you to withdraw any currency without providing ID will come under increasing legal pressure. If the owners of an exchange can be identified, assume any logs they have will be revealed to authoritied sooner or later.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:04:49 PM

i mean how could you ever gain another BTC30 by mixing out BTC50 to the others you don't know like in the darknet?
this seems to be majorly profitable but not even affordable to do and have a certain risk.  Sad

Um, read the opening post. You lose 30 coins in the process of getting 'clean' ones back. If it was the other way around it would be such a blatant scam it wouldn't even be worth discussing at all.
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 01:11:48 PM

I came across some site which is like a bitcoin washing site but peer to peer, the site itself acts like an escrow and allows people to trade apparently 'dirty' bitcoins(maybe from hacked wallets im thinking or stolen, scammed etc) for 'clean' bitcoins. Now i don't know if it's legit the whole idea of it. I always thought bitcoins were anonymous either way why would someone even do that and lose 30 coins?

Although I'm quite new to this stuff so if anyone knows more about this stuff I'd be happy to hear your opinions/experiences on this.
Seems legit. I wonder why would someone trade their 80 BTC(dirty) for 50 BTC(clean). :O
Also, which website are you talking about?

Life sucks.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:15:31 PM

Um, read the opening post. You lose 30 coins in the process of getting 'clean' ones back. If it was the other way around it would be such a blatant scam it wouldn't even be worth discussing at all.
i don't sure; clean and dirty doesn't really a matter since you cannot find the origin of the bitcoin easily.
FYI if we could figure out the dirty coins origin easily, then almost 100% of the scammer from such bitcoin fraud would be down already. and the value of bitcoin isn't ever going down because of the "dirty" or "clean" mattering. Huh

got it, it is actually paying out BTC80(dirty) for BTC50(clean), i am now editing my reply to correct it.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:42:06 PM

Op, can you share with us the name of the washing site? I have never heard about such sites. It is charging 37.5% fees for converting  dirty to clean

elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:21:36 PM

They will just sell the 50 BTC they scammed from other people that thought they would get cheat dirty Bitcoins but received nothing.

But they will need your coins to keep the business alive
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:20:14 PM

I honestly don't care about fresh or dirty bitcoins.How can one even determines that ? There is not difference in the value of it anyway.I think I'm happy with my dirty bitcoins instead of taking a loss.Also that website which promises offering such services doesn't seem very legit.

There have been cases where coins from major hacks were moved to exchanges only to get frozen there by the exchange and returned to its rightful owner.

This way, they can avoid exchanges with dirty coins, moving the problem to a new user. Also, all traces are gone for them.

Mixers are probably a much better bet, but I doubt they can clean large amounts of coins, die to a high percentage being your own coins.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:36:32 PM

This is crazy. I hope no one is willing to pay that much money for "clean coins". It shows the problem of Bitcoin with lack of fungible features, cause u got all those people being paranoid about the transaction history for their coins which sometimes are willing to pay an extra for those untouched coins. We need to do something about this so every coin is the same!
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:50:01 PM

This is crazy. I hope no one is willing to pay that much money for "clean coins". It shows the problem of Bitcoin with lack of fungible features, cause u got all those people being paranoid about the transaction history for their coins which sometimes are willing to pay an extra for those untouched coins. We need to do something about this so every coin is the same!

there are a lot of logical way to clean coin, also use an exchange "mint", or spend it and then cash out in fiat.
and even, after you receive in a new address, who care?
btc as fiat are cleanable without problems, this is not a bad point because the "Government" can seize fiat, but not all time btc Smiley

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:25:47 PM

This is obviously a joke, how can they even know that the Bitcoin that the customer giving is clean.

faucet used to be profitable
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:32:00 PM

It's pure nonsense. There are plenty of ways where you can get other(clean) coins in return for just a small amount. No one will fall for this. If there is some one falling for this, then that person is just dumb.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4507

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:40:54 PM

if anyone wants to mix coins. they just create a new account on a legitimate exchange. deposit coins and then withdraw.. the withdrawal coins will be different and the fee is well under 1%.

You have to assume the exchange logs your activity. If it's legitimate then it's subject to law enforcement forcing them to supply those logs. In fact, it's hard to describe any exchange that doesn't comply with KYC requirements as legitimate. I expect the ones that allow you to withdraw any currency without providing ID will come under increasing legal pressure. If the owners of an exchange can be identified, assume any logs they have will be revealed to authoritied sooner or later.

thats if you go for tier 2 registration..( converting to fiat )..

but if u set up a dummy account with a dummy email using a proxy just to deposit funds and then withdraw to a fresh bitcoin address.. you instantly have no taint following you.

it would require a court order to demand records of non fiat transactions. and by the time they get it the coins have passed 10 peoples hands.

i personally wish the druggies would just use Dashcoin and then let them chose if they want to circle jerk each other.. or swap it for bitcoin in their own exchanges, thus freeing bitcoin from any taint issues

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:43:05 PM

I think you are talking about tainted and untainted coin (fresh mined coin) but i don't find any diffirence in usability of both coins. I have never heard someone selling untainted coin for higher price than tainted one.

This is exactly what I'm thinking too, I know some people would gladly exchange their coins for newly mined coins for a fee, but even for enthusiasts and collectors 30 BTC is too much.

OP can you give us a link?

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:37:13 AM

but if u set up a dummy account with a dummy email using a proxy just to deposit funds and then withdraw to a fresh bitcoin address.. you instantly have no taint following you.

it would require a court order to demand records of non fiat transactions. and by the time they get it the coins have passed 10 peoples hands.

I'm saying I don't think it's likely to remain that lax very long. I wouldn't be surprised if, somewhere down the line, exchanges were required to routinely submit their logs to the appropriate authorities. Whether this is likely to matter to you is a different thing. Most people don't need to protect themselves against anyone actively trying to figure out their finances. For the kind of mixing the majority of users should be doing, an exchange will do fine. (e.g. you're selling BTC face-to-face and don't want your buyer to know they could just bash you repeatedly with a wrench to get you to hand over your stash of hundreds or thousands of BTC they found out you have by following your transactions...)

edit: yes, yes, I'm just arguing for the sake of it...

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:08:43 PM

most probably it is a scam (even without actually looking at it)
however the larger issue with bitcoin's fungibility is here to stay. this is only the beginning and this whole issue has only recently started being brought to light.
big fish scammers' bitcoins are easily traceable and they cannot simply withdraw the funds as presently most people naively think.
imagine stealing 5k bitcoins - how would you cash out? certainly not on an exchange and doing boatload of localbitcoins transactions is not feasible (and also traceable because you have to physically meet people and get discovered by police after some investigative work (cameras all around, witnesses, etc))
this is why bitcoin is flawed with its initial promise of true digital cash - and why it is a clever way of having actually more control from the government than fiat paper money which is perfectly fungible (and thus being on its way to extinction in the coming decades).
we are in the early stages of establishing a market for tainted bitcoins and discovering their true worth.
i would certainly not want to have tainted coins and the feds knocking on my door with questions. how much of a premium is it worth?
i could certainly understand if criminals who stole millions in bitcoins would happily cash out even with a 50% "loss" - it is better to have a million in the pocket rather than peanuts they can really cash out without raising suspicion (sure they can buy a lot of coke on black markets - but it is a fishy business selling the coke Smiley not to mention you cannot really buy a house or anything with high value with cash anymore).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: