Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:06:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [EU] Searching for hardware partner - i will provide server room and electricity  (Read 846 times)
Al3x (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:08:31 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2016, 04:22:04 PM by Al3x

I am searching for a long term partner who will provide mining hardware - asics and power supplies. Details will be negotiated with partner.
If i find one, my obligation will be server room.

By server room i mean:
1. Dedicated room - only accessed by me (access control equipment...)
2. Air condition - we will negotiate depending on equipment
3. Active and passive network equipment,fail-safe internet link... - I am IT Engineer with focus on computer networks and security.
4. Fire alarm, fireproof door.
5. Building security 24/7 - technical and physical security. I can install video and audio surveillance in server room, to be accessed buy partner.
6. One person that will monitor the equipment.
7. Electricity - dedicated circuit 220v - if we don't end up too big i will provide diesel power generator as fail-safe

All expenses mentioned above are payed and provided by me.
I will provide hardware maintenance, partner will provide necessary parts.

I don't search some outdated hardware to waste electricity.
For start lets make cap on 45KW, that will be enough for 30 X Antminers s7, or 3 x SP50 if someone can get there hands on them, but i doubt it. This can bee negotiated in both directions.

Profit split will be negotiated.
Location Europe - Balkan. Precise location will be known to partner only if we make a deal.

I will edit post with requested details.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:49:26 PM

I am searching for a long term partner who will provide mining hardware - asics and power supplies. Details will be negotiated with partner.

By server room i mean:
3. Active and passive network equipment,fail-safe internet link... - I am IT Engineer with focus on computer networks and security.
5. Building security 24/7 - technical and physical security. I can install video and audio surveillance in server room, to be accessed buy partner.
7. Electricity - dedicated circuit 220v - if we don't end up too big i will provide diesel power generator as fail-safe

For start lets make cap on 45KW, that will be enough for 30 X Antminers s7, or 3 x SP50 if someone can get there hands on them, but i doubt it. This can bee negotiated in both directions.

Location Europe - Balkan. Precise location will be known to partner only if we make a deal.

So are you saying you'd provide, in short, free security and electricity for other people's miners? Althought after that, you then want a cut.
Data centers typically charge 50$/kW for the hosting and maintenance service, do you think you can compete? Because for 45kW you're looking for a pretty small investor that already has access to sub 40$/kW/mo of trusted services.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:52:07 PM

There were many people who tried doing the exact same thing as you, but they failed to find anyone willing to send them any miners.

Problem is trust. How can we trust that you won't keep the miner for yourself.

The best solution to this is simply buy the miners yourself and mine on your own. Unless you're a legendary member with huge feedback, nobody will trust you.
Al3x (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 06:04:10 PM

There were many people who tried doing the exact same thing as you, but they failed to find anyone willing to send them any miners.

Problem is trust. How can we trust that you won't keep the miner for yourself.

The best solution to this is simply buy the miners yourself and mine on your own. Unless you're a legendary member with huge feedback, nobody will trust you.

All terms are open for negotiation. I am not asking from anyone to trust me. Investor can come in visit, we can make contract, I (as owner of company) can provide Bank warranty for invested amount if some terms are broken....
As i sad, everything can be negotiated.

I will never bee legendary member, i avoid unnecessary posts Smiley
Al3x (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 06:22:13 PM

By server room i mean:

So are you saying you'd provide, in short, free security and electricity for other people's miners? Althought after that, you then want a cut.
Data centers typically charge 50$/kW for the hosting and maintenance service, do you think you can compete? Because for 45kW you're looking for a pretty small investor that already has access to sub 40$/kW/mo of trusted services.

Thank you for pointing out, but things are not that simple for me, lets discuss my business plan.

I am not competing against hosting services. I don't ask fiat money as compensation for my part of deal. We can make deal for % of mined bitcoins. In that situation investor will not lose money on hosting services if bitcoin lose on value, or skyrocket difficulty like in current period, block halving.... No one knows what will happen with Bitcoin in near future. We both risk if bitcoin fails, and we both have interest if bitcoin value increase. As pointed out my fiat money investment is in form of electricity, space, equipment, people power....

If we enter hardware problem, that gets more complicated. New energy efficient miners can come out, difficulty rise, electricity price make your hardware worthless.
Too many factors that we can't control, and i am trying to make it safe and possible for each side.

In my country, 35-40k euros is not small investment. Investing in my currently business provide me more income then bitcoin, that is why I am not investing myself and searching for partner.

kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:53:29 AM

I would say that 45kw is going to get you about 140 Th that at current difficulty would yield 20 BTC/month or about $9200.  If someone host them at 10 cents/kW then that fee is about $3200/month.  To complicate it more, if you buy 50 kW there is usually a discount and if you host them with Allinvain at 50 kW it is about 6 cents which cuts cost to about $2000/month.

So to make it worth wild your fee (or partnership) would need to come in at less than $2000/mo to even be competitive, otherwise just hosting them is better for the miner owner.  Then take into consideration you are a new guy with zero trust then I would say it would be damn near impossible to find someone to partner with you.

I agree with others, if you have the access then you need to load up on miners yourself. Just my 2 cents

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
Al3x (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:30:57 PM

I would say that 45kw is going to get you about 140 Th that at current difficulty would yield 20 BTC/month or about $9200.  If someone host them at 10 cents/kW then that fee is about $3200/month.  To complicate it more, if you buy 50 kW there is usually a discount and if you host them with Allinvain at 50 kW it is about 6 cents which cuts cost to about $2000/month.

So to make it worth wild your fee (or partnership) would need to come in at less than $2000/mo to even be competitive, otherwise just hosting them is better for the miner owner.  Then take into consideration you are a new guy with zero trust then I would say it would be damn near impossible to find someone to partner with you.

I agree with others, if you have the access then you need to load up on miners yourself. Just my 2 cents

Hi kilo17.
We are running in circle here, that questions are already answered.
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980

aka "whocares"

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:55:57 PM

Hi kilo17.
We are running in circle here, that questions are already answered.

I certainly did not see the answer to what percentage you expect?  I see "negotiable".  Anyway, good luck.

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
Al3x (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:10:07 PM

This offer is still open.
Lets make some baseline.

for 6 month contract.
S7 - 65/35% split - for me
S9 - 30/70 split - for partner.

Hardware provider/investor need to send hardware and compatible psu, keep it in mind when you do your own calculations.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:01:13 PM

Lets make some baseline.

for 6 month contract.

Hardware provider/investor need to send hardware and compatible psu, keep it in mind when you do your own calculations.

Today  PPS TH/s Earnings   is 0.00115679 BTC for 1 TH/s
S9 11,8TH/s
11,8 x 0.00115679 =0,01365 BTC per day (today)

If i send to you 5 x S7 = 24 THs   0.02776 BTC   0.833 BTC per month , Max income  4,997 BTC for 6  month - 35%(for you) = 3,248 BTC for me. and I need 5 PSU 5x 120 USD + shipping.

If i sell 5 x S7 , I get  5 x 0.55= 2,75 BTC

As BTC  income decreases for every 2 week, then 6 months  income in BTC is not so high  (3,248 BTC) may be only 2,5 BTC .
 if I have to buy 5 Bitmain PSU, .I've been a loss compared to sales today.
For shipping some S9  -  I do not even think about.

S9 is not durable miner , today I got one more blade with temp 0 and xxxx and one blade with one x at the same miner.

So total from 23 miners - 69 blade 7 not working.

Al3x (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 01:00:04 AM

Lets make some baseline.

for 6 month contract.

Today  PPS TH/s Earnings   is 0.00115679 BTC for 1 TH/s
S9 11,8TH/s
11,8 x 0.00115679 =0,01365 BTC per day (today)

If i send to you 5 x S7 = 24 THs   0.02776 BTC   0.833 BTC per month , Max income  4,997 BTC for 6  month - 35%(for you) = 3,248 BTC for me. and I need 5 PSU 5x 120 USD + shipping.

If i sell 5 x S7 , I get  5 x 0.55= 2,75 BTC

As BTC  income decreases for every 2 week, then 6 months  income in BTC is not so high  (3,248 BTC) may be only 2,5 BTC .
 if I have to buy 5 Bitmain PSU, .I've been a loss compared to sales today.
For shipping some S9  -  I do not even think about.

S9 is not durable miner , today I got one more blade with temp 0 and xxxx and one blade with one x at the same miner.

So total from 23 miners - 69 blade 7 not working.

Calculation is different for everyone.
If you live in place like me, One S7 will make you loss of 30 euros for one month, and you can't sell it to anyone.
If difficulty skyrocket like before, S7 will bee useless in every part of the world, if it is not already. S9 will bee in couple of months. If you make 1y deal, you can earn money no matter what.

If you compare it to hosting services, it is around 6 cent per KWh and it is getting cheaper. In 2-3 month it will bee 3-4 cents or lower.
tbonetony

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 07:17:10 PM

Lets make some baseline.

for 6 month contract.

Sorry I am not reading this clearly. Can you elaborate a bit more on the split? For S7, do you get 65% or 35% of the mining revenue for instance? My understanding is that you are not charging a fixed price but rather a fixed % revenue, correct?

Also, since you are in EU, does shipping to you incur an additional 20% VAT?

Customizable full-featured crypto trading platform in development. Asking for demo if interested.

I offer private S9 rental for various length: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1708351.0
ivcelmik

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 07:33:34 PM

By server room i mean:

Hi please provide pictures of the location so we can see exactly where the miners will hash.
Al3x (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:43:53 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2016, 08:58:38 PM by Al3x

Lets make some baseline.

for 6 month contract.

Sorry I am not reading this clearly. Can you elaborate a bit more on the split? For S7, do you get 65% or 35% of the mining revenue for instance? My understanding is that you are not charging a fixed price but rather a fixed % revenue, correct?

Also, since you are in EU, does shipping to you incur an additional 20% VAT?

You are correct. I am charging fixed % for the time period, no matter what.
No, you don't need to pay VAT, that is for private discussion if we make a deal.

All miners will work for you, your pool, wallet.... On the end of each month, you send me % that we agree of mined BTC. I think that is fair deal.

Al3x (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 08:51:00 PM

By server room i mean:

Hi please provide pictures of the location so we can see exactly where the miners will hash.

That is classified. If me make a deal you will have full access to CCTV in room where you equipment is placed, then we can discuss to grant you access to location, building and server room.

If you like, you can come to my Country as my guest, see the location, discuss terms before you send the equipment.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 12:38:36 AM

Such a project and investment is not gonna cut it on mining BTC already done math years ago and even with current S9 Equipment ull b lucky to even see brake even point now that rewards split again. Even with free energy is gonna be cutting it fine with 2 week re targets. Ull be looking at at least 200TH to make anything good

ANTMINER S9-B13, 12.93 TH/s. Shipping out within 5 days after fully paid
Price:       1600 USD
              ( 2.756 BTC )

Total units needed 16 Total cost 44.096 BTC $25,600 So if you going to say 30x units or os then gonna exceed $45k to $50,000 easy.
Hardware break even190 days without difficulty change. You gonna need at least 1.3 to 1.6  years before seeing any RIO and by then be lucky to even see ROI

Your better off mining something else other than directly mining Bitcoin or just buy up bitcoin and trade. Been in crypto long enough to know what am taking about. Was going to setup in the past to have a mining co location and decided against mining bitcoin. Big corporate company's mine and their all switching system off in one way or another or rental service hike prices to to a point its none profitable. Look attractive but you get nadda in return.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █