Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:09:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin adoption  (Read 655 times)
wazoo (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:37:40 PM

It seems to me keeping up with all the things needed to be done to keep altcoin wallets up and running may be the death of many alts.
Although it's been good for some who enjoy learning and reading endless post's to try to keep your wallets synced, this fact alone I think will kill off many alts in time. Why? Because the average joe who may want to invest is going to say forget it when realizing how time consuming it really is.
Myself am going to dump many after getting synced, not because I don't like the coins, I just don't have 6 hrs every weekend to keep up.
 A couple of wallets that work easily, don't need constant upgrades and work reliably is all I will hang on to, And I think so long as these communities continue to over complicate maintenance and use, will prove to be the end for most. Opportunity for mass adoption from the general public won't care about features if it's to time consuming to maintain. Besides sitting on a balance of 10 BTC may/probably will someday payout in many multiples for the investment without all the hassles.
Just my 2 satoshi  easy to use will win the day! and alll the profits.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:44:26 PM

I heard there is a multi-wallet potentially coming (more than just the major coins supported by existing multi-wallets). But that is not my development effort.

In terms of speculation aid, a multi-wallet consolidation seems to make some marketing sense.

I am still leaning my development efforts more towards trying to make some fundamental breakthroughs for crypto currency. Thus I would not be the guy to go after multi-wallet (since my goals are more on creating the Bitcoin Killer if possible) but you can see other altcoins that have tried to be a clearing house for many other coins.

MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:49:57 AM

It seems to me keeping up with all the things needed to be done to keep altcoin wallets up and running may be the death of many alts.
Although it's been good for some who enjoy learning and reading endless post's to try to keep your wallets synced, this fact alone I think will kill off many alts in time. Why? Because the average joe who may want to invest is going to say forget it when realizing how time consuming it really is.
Myself am going to dump many after getting synced, not because I don't like the coins, I just don't have 6 hrs every weekend to keep up.
 A couple of wallets that work easily, don't need constant upgrades and work reliably is all I will hang on to, And I think so long as these communities continue to over complicate maintenance and use, will prove to be the end for most. Opportunity for mass adoption from the general public won't care about features if it's to time consuming to maintain. Besides sitting on a balance of 10 BTC may/probably will someday payout in many multiples for the investment without all the hassles.
Just my 2 satoshi  easy to use will win the day! and alll the profits.

And which are these wallets? Can u list?
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:06:56 AM

I heard there is a multi-wallet potentially coming (more than just the major coins supported by existing multi-wallets). But that is not my development effort.

In terms of speculation aid, a multi-wallet consolidation seems to make some marketing sense.

I am still leaning my development efforts more towards trying to make some fundamental breakthroughs for crypto currency. Thus I would not be the guy to go after multi-wallet (since my goals are more on creating the Bitcoin Killer if possible) but you can see other altcoins that have tried to be a clearing house for many other coins.

According to you what are the features an alt is supposed to have in order to kill BTC?
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 10:19:10 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2016, 10:47:38 AM by TPTB_need_war

According to you what are the features an alt is supposed to have in order to kill BTC?

Please see my other thread on DECENTRALIZATION. For example, study carefully my point that Bitcoin mining drives the price down.

I think without microtransactions and instant transactions, then there is no hope of getting widespread adoption. Bitcoin's mining design can do those features, not even with hard forks. It is fundamentally incorrectly designed. Some are hoping Lightning Networks can provide this functionality, but even if the block size is increased enough to accommodate LN's transient spike requirements on block size load (which will centralize Bitcoin mining further thus making it more prone to oligarchy control/regulation), LN is a paradigm which hands transaction processing control to large corporations. Thus the oligarchies will continue to close down opportunities for individual entreprenurialism thus erasing any motivation for widespread network efforts adoption. Refer to the following quotes where I allude to how the world is collapsing in oligarchies with a China/Russia model for our global future:

Today I finally got confirmation of my suspicion that the big Pharma and government had worked to shut off the ability to display food supplement ads in the Philippines. The following vendor confirmed to me that mid-2015, after olx.ph bought out most of the popular online classifieds in the Philippines, they stopped accepting food supplement ads and Lazada.ph was formed where each seller has to be a registered entity and all payments must be via credit card.

http://www.istorya.net/forums/food-and-beverages-55/607771-moringa-malunggay-capsules-php270-00-per-bottle-60caps-content.html

What is apparently going on in ebay, inquirer.net, etc.. are in part of a push to force all food supplements (vitamins, etc) to be sold only in taxed and regulated manner.

Now I have to go to the mall and pay 3X more for supplements.

This is yet another way I can drive my altcoin demand and supply and also help fight the oligarchy that is strangling our world [Edit: but it requires that any altcoin I design could actually solve the problems on decentralization as well as micro/instant txns].

[...]

Also recently trying to think of ways I could attempt to have a business that didn't involve computer programming, caused me to study how crowded the opportunities outside of tech are becoming. For example here in Davao, there is a gas station every 200 meters. If you put up any successful business, it will be copied. There is too much capital that can't find a way to be invested productively. Manufacturing is very difficult because China can undercut you on price and China is becoming more adept at producing varied consumer goods (check out aliexpress.com, dhgate.com, and dx.com). If you do produce any innovation on a manufactured good (e.g. I was looking a portable speaker design), then China can just copy your intellectual property and produce it cheaper. The way forward is looking very bleak with the world being controlled by oligarchy, taxed to hell by government and the rest of us just slaves.

You there in in the West may not yet realize how dire this is becoming, because your debt economies haven't imploded yet and thus the governments are still supplying your economies with loads of debt so your standard-of-living is high and you feel not so worried (as the government will always take care of you). Once this comes crashing down 2017 or so, then you understand the urgency I feel about needing to find productive directions.

Edit: Bitcoin can attain adoption as pushed by the media and serving the interests of the bankster oligarchies and minions such as Peter Thiel, Larry Summers, George Soros, Bill Gates, etc... but this will just be more of the same crap of funneling the world towards top down China/Russia model of economics. I am talking about features that could ignite a grassroots wildfire that changes the world for the better. This would scale adoption much faster than Bitcoin, because Bitcoin is transitioning into a top-down oligarchy (even venture capital dominated) funnel which is not grassroots enabling. I have detailed the reasons in other posts.

Qinetik

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:41:46 PM

What is wrong is the banksters adopt bitcoin in their system? I also do not see any problems of other coins to be used in banking system.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:49:18 PM

What is wrong is the banksters adopt bitcoin in their system? I also do not see any problems of other coins to be used in banking system.

The whole point in the beginning was to break away from the banksters and any form of centralisation.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:20:09 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 04:59:13 PM by TPTB_need_war

Banksters don't adopt anything, they co-opt and control it so they can rape society. For example, they control the money system so they own the government and then they charge the society for all their losses. Numerous schemes and methods of control and destruction.

Note I didn't write "banks". I am not writing about your local Savings & Loan, which is just a pawn of the banksters.

Some educational material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYS647HTgks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJGlXEs8nI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Ac7ap_MAY

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=anthony+sutton

Apologies if this direction of discussion is trending too far from the topic title. I am just responding to the post of another.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: