Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:27:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: should i go 50/50 with gold and bitcoin?  (Read 8832 times)
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 02:41:13 PM

Well it is always wise to diversify your investment. With bitcoin you can potentially earn a lot but potentially lose a lot too.
I for one spread it like this 1/3 savings, 1/3 bitcoin 1/3 stocks.

I think holding bitcoins nowadays would be a profitable idea, especially it's expected that the Bitcoin's price will increase soon after halving.

Yeah but its always good to invest your money into multiple products, bitcoin is looking good at a moment but we are not sure what would be the scenario in future, so its good if we invest our money in both of them.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:04:44 AM

Well it is always wise to diversify your investment. With bitcoin you can potentially earn a lot but potentially lose a lot too.
I for one spread it like this 1/3 savings, 1/3 bitcoin 1/3 stocks.

I think holding bitcoins nowadays would be a profitable idea, especially it's expected that the Bitcoin's price will increase soon after halving.

Yeah but its always good to invest your money into multiple products, bitcoin is looking good at a moment but we are not sure what would be the scenario in future, so its good if we invest our money in both of them.

I am agree with you, in fact we cant for sure pretend what's going to happen exactly in our future, so the safest way to invest in buying both Bitcoins and Gold and this way we minimize the risk.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:23:04 AM

Do not lesson Kaiser he is Putin troll in any investment diversification is importent
gold is safe and gold input decrease do not lesson shit about btc halving
swiss frank can be good also thay will move away from negative rates but it is for saving
now to gain is gold btc is always risky better to not keep all money in btc
i will say keep btc but that pseudo devs are creating real danger

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:13:33 AM

Its one of the best things you can do because the fact is that you can than make profit on both.
I would pick gold for a long term and bitcoin for a short term due to the halving.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:27:40 AM

Its one of the best things you can do because the fact is that you can than make profit on both.
I would pick gold for a long term and bitcoin for a short term due to the halving.

with gold you're always making small profits if you compare it to bitcoin. bitcoin has a lot potential growth where the price may even reach a value of a few thousand per coin. with gold the profits are in the range of 10-50% where bitcoin can give you a minimum of 200-300% in the coming years.
quadriple7

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:51:25 AM

at the moment i have 30 btc now i could sell in the highs and buy gold leaving me with 15 btc.

im starting to think btc wont survive long due being entirely digital the thing could be abandoned or worse internet might go down what you guys think i would look pretty stupid buying something you cant see or hold im torn to shreds right now.

ive listened to max keiser and proffs that bitcoin could be worth tens of thousends i think its the most sensible thing to do "dont put eggs in one basket" on all...

it draws a fine line... i.e. all that electricity to "mine" bitcoins pushing hardware to the max and with exchanges like crypsty and cexio mucking me around i just dont see the future help me realise this what should i do?

no you shouldn't, you should go like 75% with bitcoin and 25% with gold because gold is stable while bitcoin isn't so with bitcoin you can win much more money then you could win from gold, also it have larger risk but you probably won't lose money with bitcoin
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:00:59 PM

at the moment i have 30 btc now i could sell in the highs and buy gold leaving me with 15 btc.

im starting to think btc wont survive long due being entirely digital the thing could be abandoned or worse internet might go down what you guys think i would look pretty stupid buying something you cant see or hold im torn to shreds right now.

ive listened to max keiser and proffs that bitcoin could be worth tens of thousends i think its the most sensible thing to do "dont put eggs in one basket" on all...

it draws a fine line... i.e. all that electricity to "mine" bitcoins pushing hardware to the max and with exchanges like crypsty and cexio mucking me around i just dont see the future help me realise this what should i do?

no you shouldn't, you should go like 75% with bitcoin and 25% with gold because gold is stable while bitcoin isn't so with bitcoin you can win much more money then you could win from gold, also it have larger risk but you probably won't lose money with bitcoin

i agree, this is a much better solution for the time being. bitcoin is on the verge of a rise which can be a big rise leading to a rally so shifting the investment more into bitcoin is a better choice for bigger return.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:07:38 PM

with gold you're always making small profits if you compare it to bitcoin. bitcoin has a lot potential growth where the price may even reach a value of a few thousand per coin. with gold the profits are in the range of 10-50% where bitcoin can give you a minimum of 200-300% in the coming years.
Yeah with bitcoin you can get a much bigger gain than gold but the potential too loose your investment is more than in gold.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:17:15 PM

Yeah with bitcoin you can get a much bigger gain than gold but the potential too loose your investment is more than in gold.

it depends. if you're a calm person with enough patience and not panic when there is a sell off, then you'll be just fine if you hold your coins for the long term. you don't lose anything until you sell your coins.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:37:50 PM

it depends. if you're a calm person with enough patience and not panic when there is a sell off, then you'll be just fine if you hold your coins for the long term. you don't lose anything until you sell your coins.

this personality is nessasary for anybody who wants to make and investment, doesn't matter what it is you should set some rules for yourself about when to buy and how much loss is acceptable for you before you are forced to sell and how much profit before you sell.

Buying the dip...
maxj57634

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:49:32 PM

this personality is nessasary for anybody who wants to make and investment, doesn't matter what it is you should set some rules for yourself about when to buy and how much loss is acceptable for you before you are forced to sell and how much profit before you sell.

That is a good point to set some limit to yourself when doing trading,well investor can always go 50/50 its a safe way when trading in case you lost on one side the other side profit.
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:58:13 PM

That is the right decision to make to diversify your investments in both the products, as both have potential to give us best returns on our investments.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 06:12:31 PM

When it comes to investment I have a safe setup:
25% goes into savings
25% goes into risky investments like bitcoin
50% goes to less risky investments like bonds or obligations from big companies and governements.
Assanger

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:30:17 PM

I will put the initial ratio to be 50:50. But I believe that the bitcoin price will be much higher, so it might end up with 99:01.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:40:21 PM

When it comes to investment I have a safe setup:
25% goes into savings
25% goes into risky investments like bitcoin
50% goes to less risky investments like bonds or obligations from big companies and governements.

Good portfolio spread you have there. My portfolio looks like : 70% saving in my bank account and 30% in Bitcoin. If possible I would like to push my Bitcoin holdings from 30% to 40% this year. I also used to have stocks but I sold and have not bought any back as the stock prices are very high at the moment.
Grillo

Activity: 225

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:45:47 PM

It is expected that BTC will rise significantly this year with the halving coming up, keep the BTC.

Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:18:56 PM

It is expected that BTC will rise significantly this year with the halving coming up, keep the BTC.

That is right. We will also have the block size increase in the next few weeks using the SegWit according to the forum comments.

bakingbad

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:28:49 PM

Well because i like bitcoin more, i would choose bitcoin, main reason why, is that gold is pretty old now, and it's price last uears haven't change much, while look at price of bitcoin, it have huge potential so i would go 80% with bitcoin and only 20% gold
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:18:54 PM

Yeah best thing to do go for both products and try to diversify your investments as nothing is guaranteed and anything is possible with your investments.
PacePay

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:15:06 AM

Yes, you have to go, as there is no bad in investing in both of these, both will benefit you, with gold you will have a long term trade and with bitcoin you will have a short term and long term both, but if you are expert in trade.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: