Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:39:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Making exchanger that last forever.  (Read 478 times)
alwinlinzee (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:31:21 PM

Mod should please move this thread if i am posting in the wrong section.
In my own personal opinion i discovered that most exchangers that often develop problems are those that are trading fiat along with cryptocurrencies.
First was mtgox, cryptsy faces law suit over USD, Huobi is having one problem or the other.
The question is how do we create an exchange that last forever and that withstand government pressure and policies?

alwinlinzee (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:16:38 PM

Easy, Wait for the end of WW3 than start an exachanger in hell.
This comment is useless because i did not say that i want to start an exchange but considering the number of people that have lost their hard earned money to one exchanger or the other i think we should start thinking of way forward.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:06:21 AM

Easy, Wait for the end of WW3 than start an exachanger in hell.
This comment is useless because i did not say that i want to start an exchange but considering the number of people that have lost their hard earned money to one exchanger or the other i think we should start thinking of way forward.

Don't leave any bitcoins on the exchange.
Withdraw your bitcoins immediately and then move them to the exchange only when you want to sell them
That way, you minimize your risk.
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:02:58 AM

Mod should please move this thread if i am posting in the wrong section.
In my own personal opinion i discovered that most exchangers that often develop problems are those that are trading fiat along with cryptocurrencies.
First was mtgox, cryptsy faces law suit over USD, Huobi is having one problem or the other.
The question is how do we create an exchange that last forever and that withstand government pressure and policies?
Even we can bypass the centralized govs' regulation, we can not survive from the frenquent unstopping attacking or inside scams attemps. This is the biggest weakness of cenralized exchanges. The solutions may be the decentralized exchanges, but the technology hasn't been matured yet.

steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 09:02:46 AM

I think asian countries are a bit lose on bitcoin and probably japan or Thailand ..Hongkong could be a nice place to start. However, it requires a lot of money and connections to run and turn into  popular one.
WENGER

Activity: 274

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 02:28:28 PM

Unfortunately the answer to your question is, there's no such way to withstand government pressure and policies for exchange platforms as each one of them are base in their respective countries therefor they have to abide the rules of the country of origin too so there's isn't a solution to make it last forever but surely there are few reasons to make them last longer (go by the rules).
alwinlinzee (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:46:12 AM

What i am talking about is not a personal thing but the future of the safety of our coins, however i feel that exchanges without fiat survives more until allcoin.com closure.

Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:55:05 AM

Well, the exchange is must be decentralization, but like @Outlander said it's still need a mature process.

What i am talking about is not a personal thing but the future of the safety of our coins, however i feel that exchanges without fiat survives more until allcoin.com closure.

Just don't keep your coin on exchange, use only for trade than keep on safe wallet.
alwinlinzee (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:13:25 AM

Well, the exchange is must be decentralization, but like @Outlander said it's still need a mature process.

Just don't keep your coin on exchange, use only for trade than keep on safe wallet.
Yeah that may be good but we can see that as a temporary measure even due to malware, virus, trojans and the likes the coin kept on someone system can be stolen.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 06:37:14 AM

Well you can never really be sure that an exchange, no matter how well designed, will last forever. But I'd say right now Bitstamp is probably the best candidate for this ever lasting exchange, it has proven over time that it is reliable and able to deal effectively with challenges. There are a few exchanges like OKcoin that have a lot more trading volume but these are found in countries where they can be outlawed in the blink of an eye.
All in all any exchange will only ever be as good as the team behind it. So if you want the best exchange, you'll have to have a team of the best professionals around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: