Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:53:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ajw7989 (legendary account) my account hacked CAUTION  (Read 3024 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:20:40 PM

Why are more accounts getting hacked nowadays? Huh

Does forum has any security hole? You should share your experience on how it may got hacked?

We may be more cautious considering yours as an example.

The problem is not the forum, the problem here are the people... they should care more about their security.

Yup, the problem is the people.

More than the 50% of members of the forum use the same password in different sites/forums... or email.

I was using the same password in different forums, till one of them was hacked, since that day i'm using different passwords (written in a paper with especial characters, to difficult a possible "force-brute" attack).

2FA in the forum would be nice (or something like that).

Yes, I think that in the new forum the 2FA will be implemented Wink (and it will be really useful).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ajw7779 (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:30:06 PM

Why are more accounts getting hacked nowadays? Huh

Does forum has any security hole? You should share your experience on how it may got hacked?

We may be more cautious considering yours as an example.

The problem is not the forum, the problem here are the people... they should care more about their security.
Yes I tend to agree.Many people do not pay necessary attention to the security of their account which is very sad.I think accounts above Full Member are more prone to hacking therefore these rank members should be more cautious

For the most part I agree it is based on user.  But some of these that are not active it is possible that the forum hack a while back was still valid on password.  We never figured out (i don't think) who did and ultimate goal of the hack of the forum.   If a user kept the same password as then they now have had months to crack it.

OP since you say you know you have a hacker I'm curious what was the cause?  Did you find anything on computer?  Or no idea what caused it.

My guess is password used in diff weaker site where database was cracked. Thats how 90% of passwords are cracked. I dont use a unique pass on every site since too much to remmeber. I save unique passwords for email and stuff like banking. If 2fa was an option i would have used it since all my btc stuff that offer it i use it. Using a different password on every forum and every site is not practical.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 01:12:19 PM

-snip-
My guess is password used in diff weaker site where database was cracked. Thats how 90% of passwords are cracked. I dont use a unique pass on every site since too much to remmeber. I save unique passwords for email and stuff like banking. If 2fa was an option i would have used it since all my btc stuff that offer it i use it. Using a different password on every forum and every site is not practical.

It is if you use a password manager or a similar scheme to store your password in a secure way. Some also have good results with "brain hash functions", e.g. a friend of mine wrote a small hash function that results in their passwords for the given site. The result of the algorithm is appended to a randomly generated password. Thus they only need to remember two things, the random part and the algorithm, to have a different password for every site. Its not as good as a password manager though, because its security by obscurity (as soon as I know the algorithm I only need to attack a single password to know all of them).

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
ajw7779 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:12:29 PM

Sigh still no response from theymos guess he is ignoring me. Also it most likely is darrenw88 that is the hacker since suddenly my post in his thread is gone and the positive trust he used on his account is gone.

Just for kicks the hacker thought it would be nice to try to sell back my account? What a joke.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 03:28:24 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 04:18:38 PM by mexxer-2

Sigh still no response from theymos guess he is ignoring me.
He may have other things to do too. Did you PM the signed message to him or email it to the designated email address? NVM, that was for locked accounts.
ajw7779 (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 04:17:34 PM

Sigh still no response from theymos guess he is ignoring me.
He may have other things to do too. Did you PM the signed message to him or email it to the designated email address?

Pmed him i dont see an email address to email him and the thread says PM.
ajw7779 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:32:12 PM

Bump still waiting on the recovery just PMed theymos as a friendly reminder
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:34:05 PM

Thanks to Cyrus account has been recovered after a long time

I am going to be PMing everyone to remove the negative feedbacks.

If anyone would like to verify the message in that pm see below:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account ajw7989 has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to ajw7989@gmail.com. The current date is 9/10/2017
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1GaaGPapfp5BUfQzKQrmGVpwZQvLW3SZSv
H7tUcpaRX0BapcxV747bI6bHUAPhfBjeokSsEdPuJUS1SiLVStssnsCkv6p8WN2uYiGHDGcYxIdXvuY a8lEg+H0=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

New message verification:
My account ajw7989 has been hacked/lost. As of 9/10/2017 I have recovered the account
IObjLUqrGKCEDEjDEzIMJ5cgLU/jaIhPLcKkLnOcCY/uchcHlMEOhsvtw3fU8/VnYIu99JoFlE4ddiP2JmXN4AU=
ibinsad2

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:25:32 PM

Thanks to Cyrus account has been recovered after a long time
http://i66.tinypic.com/2q311f4.png

I am going to be PMing everyone to remove the negative feedbacks.

If anyone would like to verify the message in that pm see below:
My account ajw7989 has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to ajw7989@gmail.com. The current date is 9/10/2017
H7tUcpaRX0BapcxV747bI6bHUAPhfBjeokSsEdPuJUS1SiLVStssnsCkv6p8WN2uYiGHDGcYxIdXvuY a8lEg+H0=

New message verification:
My account ajw7989 has been hacked/lost. As of 9/10/2017 I have recovered the account
IObjLUqrGKCEDEjDEzIMJ5cgLU/jaIhPLcKkLnOcCY/uchcHlMEOhsvtw3fU8/VnYIu99JoFlE4ddiP2JmXN4AU=

So you wait 1 year.
May i need to wait 1 year too?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: