Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:04:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone mining in Africa  (Read 607 times)
matete (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

=> Buying Bitcoins Everyday !

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:31:17 AM

I would like to know if there is anyone doing bitcoin mining from any African country. I would like to know how they acquired their mining equipment and how did it go with customs in their country. It is also important to note about the cost of electricity because I know most African countries have a  high cost of electricity.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 03:22:33 AM

Seems like an all around bad idea. Lots of uncertainty for imports, high electricity cost, hot weather.
It's already hard to reach ROI even with really good conditions. It wouldn't be a financially sound decision to start mining in Africa.
matete (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 06:56:14 AM

Seems like an all around bad idea. Lots of uncertainty for imports, high electricity cost, hot weather.
It's already hard to reach ROI even with really good conditions. It wouldn't be a financially sound decision to start mining in Africa.

I had this idea of doing my own mining but I thought of the high costs of electricity that is putting me off. I wanted to know if there is anybody on this forum who is doing mining from Africa so that he could share with us his experiences. Solar power can be a good idea but the only impediment might be the customs taxes.
XERES

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:58:17 AM

I would like to know if there is anyone doing bitcoin mining from any African country. I would like to know how they acquired their mining equipment and how did it go with customs in their country. It is also important to note about the cost of electricity because I know most African countries have a  high cost of electricity.
I am living in south africa, i have a small mining operation. Despite our High rates i stilll make a small profit. The biggest problem i have is the heat, especially during this heatwave. unless you can invest big its not a good idea. I have lost 2 miners to over heating one of which was my neglect but regardless i enjoy it as a hobby.

matete (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:20:09 AM

I am living in south africa, i have a small mining operation. Despite our High rates i stilll make a small profit. The biggest problem i have is the heat, especially during this heatwave. unless you can invest big its not a good idea. I have lost 2 miners to over heating one of which was my neglect but regardless i enjoy it as a hobby.

Thanks XERES. It is good to know that at least there is someone mining in Africa. I live in Nairobi and I think it is not that hot. Where did you acquire your mining equipment?, are they available in South Africa?
XERES

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:23:08 AM

Thanks XERES. It is good to know that at least there is someone mining in Africa. I live in Nairobi and I think it is not that hot. Where did you acquire your mining equipment?, are they available in South Africa?
I bought mine from GAW when they were still active. I would recommend ebay as the best place, maybe you will find someone close to you, otherwise if you can afford it try Hasnest/Bitmain. Honestly it all depends on how much money you have to spend? 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: