Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:12:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquidate all my stocks investment in tech sector and buy bitcoins ?  (Read 521 times)
outofmind (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:07:55 AM

I have about $5k usd invested in tech sector of stock, mainly msft, aapl, amazon, etc..
But seems like stocks market is crashing down, or having a correction, my investment in this sector decline about 10%, that's crazy.

And I'm thinking the crashing is not end yet, and the recover will take some time, so I'm thinking to liquidate them, buy bitcoins
because the halving is coming, price are rising, I can't find any reason to expect bitcoin falls at this time, and most likely going to hit at least $500 (Conservative assumption)

What you guys think ?  (But for this particular $5k investment that i moved out from tech stocks, I will just have a take profit in btc, not keeping them too long, mainly to avoid the crash on stocks market, and buy them back during the beginning of recovery process)
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:37:14 AM

I have about $5k usd invested in tech sector of stock, mainly msft, aapl, amazon, etc..
But seems like stocks market is crashing down, or having a correction, my investment in this sector decline about 10%, that's crazy.

And I'm thinking the crashing is not end yet, and the recover will take some time, so I'm thinking to liquidate them, buy bitcoins
because the halving is coming, price are rising, I can't find any reason to expect bitcoin falls at this time, and most likely going to hit at least $500 (Conservative assumption)

What you guys think ?  (But for this particular $5k investment that i moved out from tech stocks, I will just have a take profit in btc, not keeping them too long, mainly to avoid the crash on stocks market, and buy them back during the beginning of recovery process)

Equities are most likely going to take a tanking within the next 18 months. With that said however, they aint going to tank in a straight line, and they have started the year doing just that. Without having studied the big indexes too much, I would imagine that some kind of retrace is in the pipelines there.

But anyways, $5K isn't a huge amount, it isn't like you are going to blow your retirement fund or anything, so coming from this perspective, why not put that money to work in a high risk, high reward asset?

However, you are going to either be happy to just bite the bullet when you come into Bitcoin or get your Tech Analysis glasses on. If for example, you bought into Bitcoin today, at $450, if Bitcoin this time next month, were trading at $350, then that would be absolutely nothing out of the ordinary for Bitcoin, and in the longer term (from TA perspective), it wouldn't even be considered bearish.

My personal hunch, is that there is a lot of space between current spot price and the $300 low, that needs to be tested sooner or later, but who knows...perhaps Bitcoin just consolidates around here, breaks out, and then takes off? Applying good TA can help us see the way things are 'likely' to go, but nobody really knows for sure, until the market has already taken it's course.

This is a motherfucker of a market. Either get good, get pro advice, or bite the bullet and hold on to your hat for one the most nail biting roller coaster rides in the investment world.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:47:28 AM

Bitcoin is potentially a much higher risk investment at the moment. It looks like it is stable at the moment though, but in the worst case it crashes down back to the 200 range and you lose 50% of your investment.

On the other hand, many people believe the trend has finally reversed and in addition, if you found your way here, many more may do so as well, making it more likely that it will rise.
BitAurum

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:57:55 AM

Bitcoins is a much riskier investment than all of your other investments hence the reward is better than other investments too.
WENGER

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 09:00:04 AM

Why wouldn't you just invest all your money in the bank instead? That way it will have a stable slow growth over time and it doesn't involve future risks but by buying all of the $5 k in Bitcoin, your in greater risk of suddenly using the worth of the Bitcoin your holding even though the recent run have been mostly positive.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:57:11 AM

A bank!?

wtf

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:04:57 PM

I would 100% rather be invested in Bitcoin than stocks at the moment.  People claim Bitcoin is risky, but I feel stocks are even more risky.  I'd hold physical cash over stocks right now, but physical cash doesn't make you money, it loses you money, which is why I'm holding only Bitcoin since it actually has high upside potential.

Since $5000 isn't that much, your only option of actually growing that money into something useful is with a potential high growth hail mary play anyway.  That is, unless you consider yourself a master day trader and plan to do +1-2% per day in some kind of forex market.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░