Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:56:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum has run dry on funds  (Read 3417 times)
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 12:40:41 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2019, 05:49:10 AM by HCLivess

vn

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 12:48:59 PM

I think Ethereum platform is pretty much complete.  Homestead is released in a week or so. 

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 01:39:36 PM

They are still in a good position, as many people see ETH as some sort of Holy Grail of the cryptocurrencies what will instantly lift everything to the next level. So the ETH crew needs only small developments and keep communicating to keep prices in a good (or at least acceptable) range.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:09:08 PM

And what do you want ?

Buterin is bash scripter, who use his Bitcoin magazine to promote his IPO.
It happens that he is a genius salesman, sells like crazy.
He used collected funds to hire a C++ dev to code some of his ideas.
Flys around the word, sells.
Now the money is gone. People is gone. No exponential grow in Dapps.

Thus, I predict a slow decline in price during 2016 year. It may be a short splash cause of Buterin skills to sell a chunk of Eth some guys with big ears for USD.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:12:51 PM

The market does not seem to react to this bad news. Instead, the price of ETH is stable and is increasing slightly. The news is old and many people from ICO already cashout out earlier.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:16:51 PM

Can anyone answer for me a basic technical question about Ethereum.

We know that every program has to be verified by every full mining node. So how do all these mining nodes get paid ether gas to pay for their costs of verification  Huh

For me that was always the critical flaw that Ethereum didn't solve. Did they solve it? How?

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 02:20:50 PM

We know that every program has to be verified by every full mining node. So how do all these mining nodes get paid ether gas to pay for their costs of verification  Huh

For me that was always the critical flaw that Ethereum didn't solve. Did they solve it? How?

You have pointed out no critical flaw.  Just a vague fud in ethereums general direction.   Literally waiting for one of your 10000 word replies. Nutbar.

<-- Click here!
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 04:16:22 PM

We know that every program has to be verified by every full mining node. So how do all these mining nodes get paid ether gas to pay for their costs of verification  Huh

You have pointed out no critical flaw.  Just a vague fud in ethereums general direction.   Literally waiting for one of your 10000 word replies. Nutbar.

This is a serious technical issue. Ethereum will not function correctly because of it. Watch what happens when it scales. Mark my word. Unless of course, they solved this issue. Which is why I asked. Does anyone know the answer?

I would appreciate an answer.

I tried to find the information at their wikis but it is not easy to locate. I might spend more time on it later, if no one is capable of answering. Amazing you invest in shit you don't even understand.

Someone could write any glamorous feature fluff, and you'd bite. Sad.

RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

We know that every program has to be verified by every full mining node. So how do all these mining nodes get paid ether gas to pay for their costs of verification  Huh

You have pointed out no critical flaw.  Just a vague fud in ethereums general direction.   Literally waiting for one of your 10000 word replies. Nutbar.

This is a serious technical issue. Ethereum will not function correctly because of it. Watch what happens when it scales. Mark my word. Unless of course, they solved this issue. Which is why I asked. Does anyone know the answer?

I tried to find the information at their wikis but it is not easy to locate. I might spend more time on it later, if no one is capable of answering. Amazing you invest in shit you don't even understand.

I must admit, I love your style.

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 05:01:16 PM

You have pointed out no critical flaw.  Just a vague fud in ethereums general direction.   Literally waiting for one of your 10000 word replies. Nutbar.

You literally failed to explain what The actual problem is.

"Mark my words". Lol  youre losing it mate.

<-- Click here!
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:17:43 PM

You literally failed to explain what The actual problem is.

"Mark my words". Lol  youre losing it mate.

Because your technical understand is nil perhaps. I did explain the problem.

Let me explain it again for you.

Every miner has to verify every (programmable block chain) program that is run. This is the same as in Bitcoin every miner has to verify every transaction. No miner can accept a block until it has verified everything in the block.

The problem with a programmable block chain is that programs consume resources. Thus Ethereum invented the concept of gas or paying ethereum to run each script. But the problem is which miner receives this gas? Only the miner who announced the block solution? So then how are the other miners paid to verify the block solution since they also have to run the programs to verify to make sure that no node is lying. This is a fundamental requirement of trustless decentralization.

I am asking did they ever find a solution to that? That was the fundamental reason I said Ethereum can never succeed.

Okay go hide under a rock now idiot. And next time be a little bit more respectful.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 05:31:24 PM

Doesn't that simply mean it is a lottery like Bitcoin, all the miners compete to get the pay because the time they do win it pays for all the failed attempts?

Surely like Bitcoin only as much mining power will tend to be applied as the payouts generally tend to cover on the average?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:47:05 PM

Doesn't that simply mean it is a lottery like Bitcoin, all the miners compete to get the pay because the time they do win it pays for all the failed attempts?

Surely like Bitcoin only as much mining power will tend to be applied as the payouts generally tend to cover on the average?

-MarkM-

But but the amount of gas is consistent system wide. How will that work such that the profitability is market adjusted and not a centralized action? Otherwise you can't be sure your script will run because you don't know which miner will win the block. Any way, I just want someone to explain to me what their current design is, so I can analyze it.

They were in research before and changing designs so much I stopped tracking them.

Bitcoin doesn't have this problem because TX/s rate is so low and block reward is the majority of the reward. Once TX/s goes high, Bitcoin will also break because of this.

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 05:56:40 PM

So is ethereum pretty much dead now? Ive been hearing about it for ages now in the altcoin market and everone seems to rave about how its the next best thing yet its probably the only one ive never gone near.

stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 07:17:55 PM

-MarkM-

But but the amount of gas is consistent system wide. How will that work such that the profitability is market adjusted and not a centralized action? Otherwise you can't be sure your script will run because you don't know which miner will win the block. Any way, I just want someone to explain to me what their current design is, so I can analyze it.

They were in research before and changing designs so much I stopped tracking them.

Bitcoin doesn't have this problem because TX/s rate is so low and block reward is the majority of the reward. Once TX/s goes high, Bitcoin will also break because of this.

Its a solved problem obviously since everything is running just fine.  Your attempt at fud was pretty poor. 

The real question is why are you so butthurt about ethereum? Is it because they actually achieved something while all you seem to do is post on this forum.

<-- Click here!
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 07:20:04 PM

So is ethereum pretty much dead now? Ive been hearing about it for ages now in the altcoin market and everone seems to rave about how its the next best thing yet its probably the only one ive never gone near.
Fudding hard i see,  move on nothing to see here.

<-- Click here!
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:41:03 PM

Its a solved problem obviously since everything is running just fine.

Obviously. Just like Mt Gox was running fine. Your technical acumen is 0.

I am not investing in any altcoins. Yeah my butt hurts from sitting too long in my chair displaying real technical acumen.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Fudding hard i see,  move on nothing to see here.

I am the decider.

I don't need Junior members telling me what i should read..

His comment was fair and accurate by the way.
If you KNEW why didn't you answer his question ?
bad answers ?

Crying FUD ?

ETH must be legit then  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:47:01 PM

well. i klicked on this link and found a lead:

The goat has been milked. In light of the recent financial management readjustments, Gavin Wood has left the Ethereum team. This could make the price turn down, as he was one of the more talented developers (while there still were the money)

now please tell me where the article is?

thanks.

Rastanan

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:26:07 PM

The market price has gone up in dollar terms recently. It seems that news does not affect the price negatively.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: