Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:04:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] -NEW BURST OP- MINE ANY FREE SPACE-(HDD MINING)- ATs, AE, P2P MARKET+MORE!  (Read 346475 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Clam.E.Jackson

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:56:50 PM

Hi everyone!

Have traded burst a few times and I like the potential Burst has so I am now going to start building a rig. I have downloaded the Burstcoin_Wallet_AIO_Setup_0.3.9.4 and I am waiting for it to sync so I can get to grips with it on my laptop before doing the same on my rig (once it's built!). Is that the best wallet for mining and storing tokens or should I use a stand alone miner?

If anyone has any links to resources or how to's they would be greatly appreciated,I built a lot of rigs a few years back but they were all GPU so HHD mining is a whole new world to me

Thanks Smiley

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:03:07 PM

I know that this is a bit late but I just wanted to congratulate the Burst community. This is regarding the increase of its price in the past days. I believe it went x3-x5 from its lowest price few days ago. People should be celebrating right now and having parties because of the profit that they got. Crowe and Adam is very happy in their Youtube videos regarding this surge in price. And we should be looking far ahead as this is just the beginning.  Grin
maffiamaes

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:31:05 PM

If you're using the AIO GUI Wallet that has the plotter and miner built in, it uses xplotter by default - so just tell it what drive, and it'll optimally plot it.

Thats really great :-)
One more question. you can choose how many manually set your CPU cores and the Threads. Cpu i totally understand, but what about the treads? i see the more threads i choose the higher my ram usage is... so the more threats the faster it will make the plots or the bigger or?  And if you choose for more threads, does it affect the mining speed when i start mining plots created with more threads?

Thanks in advance.

Somebody who can help me out here? i really should like to get my hdd's starting to plot this evening :-)

A big thanks already
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:45:59 PM

If you're using the AIO GUI Wallet that has the plotter and miner built in, it uses xplotter by default - so just tell it what drive, and it'll optimally plot it.

One more question. you can choose how many manually set your CPU cores and the Threads. Cpu i totally understand, but what about the treads? i see the more threads i choose the higher my ram usage is... so the more threats the faster it will make the plots or the bigger or?  And if you choose for more threads, does it affect the mining speed when i start mining plots created with more threads?

Thanks in advance.

Somebody who can help me out here? i really should like to get my hdd's starting to plot this evening :-)

A big thanks already

Choose all you can spare it will plot faster. What CPU you got?
maffiamaes

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:54:39 PM

One more question. you can choose how many manually set your CPU cores and the Threads. Cpu i totally understand, but what about the treads? i see the more threads i choose the higher my ram usage is... so the more threats the faster it will make the plots or the bigger or?  And if you choose for more threads, does it affect the mining speed when i start mining plots created with more threads?

Thanks in advance.

A big thanks already

My CPU: Intel Core i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50 GHz

The thing is... For CPU you can choose how many cores you want to use, from 1 up to 8 in my case. So its easy to say ok i will use 7 so i dont use the maximum of my CPU.
But with the Treads i can fill in whatever i want 10 , 100, 1000000 ... so there its difficul to choose whats the best option, or whats the middle way. Do you understand me? :-)
sud

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:57:16 PM

Thanks in advance.

A big thanks already

The thing is... For CPU you can choose how many cores you want to use, from 1 up to 8 in my case. So its easy to say ok i will use 7 so i dont use the maximum of my CPU.
But with the Treads i can fill in whatever i want 10 , 100, 1000000 ... so there its difficul to choose whats the best option, or whats the middle way. Do you understand me? :-)

Yes I understand. Your CPU has 4 cores and 8 threads (2 for each core) so if you want full speed, and don't plan to use computer for anything else go for 4/8.
maffiamaes

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:02:43 PM

Thanks in advance.

A big thanks already

Yes I understand. Your CPU has 4 cores and 8 threads (2 for each core) so if you want full speed, and don't plan to use computer for anything else go for 4/8.

Great thanks a lot men! Just now installed core temp because its in fact a new (old) computer, i thought there where 8 cores. and yes core temp tells me there are 4, and guess what, next to cores i see 8 threads. Lol now it make sense :-)
maffiamaes

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:05:30 PM

btw one more questions. If i start plotting my 5tb's, then its always the best chose to select the max capacity in the gui for one plot? or can you do like 1 plot per terabyte, or this make no sense? Does plot size make any difference anyway?

Or other tips or things i should now before i start? I already know if i start my second drive i offcourse not have to start from 0. the most ovious things i know... :-)
haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:19:36 PM

One more question. you can choose how many manually set your CPU cores and the Threads. Cpu i totally understand, but what about the treads? i see the more threads i choose the higher my ram usage is... so the more threats the faster it will make the plots or the bigger or?  And if you choose for more threads, does it affect the mining speed when i start mining plots created with more threads?

Thanks in advance.

Hyperthreaded CPU's have two threads per physical CPU core. I haven't used the AIO for a while, but expect it allows you to set only threads. The more threads, the faster it mines. More RAM is not required for more threads, but I believe the AIO assigns a default amount of RAM per thread - you can override that though.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
haitch

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:23:18 PM

btw one more questions. If i start plotting my 5tb's, then its always the best chose to select the max capacity in the gui for one plot? or can you do like 1 plot per terabyte, or this make no sense? Does plot size make any difference anyway?

Or other tips or things i should now before i start? I already know if i start my second drive i offcourse not have to start from 0. the most ovious things i know... :-)

A single large file will mine a little faster than multiple smaller files.

If you're only plotting one PC you don't need to use the advanced settings - as long as you don't change drive letters around it'll automatically pick a non-overlapping start nonce. Using the advanced settings and manually specifying the starting nonce - SN = Last Starting Nonce + Last Number of Nonces.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
maffiamaes

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:26:47 PM

Thanks in advance.

Hyperthreaded CPU's have two threads per physical CPU core. I haven't used the AIO for a while, but expect it allows you to set only threads. The more threads, the faster it mines. More RAM is not required for more threads, but I believe the AIO assigns a default amount of RAM per thread - you can override that though.

As test i am starting to do a 500gb partitoin on a 1TB. Just a test. then i gonna do both my 5TB's.
Now i just see my 1TB is format as NTFS, is this ok? Or should it be better FAT32 or does it not make any difference?

thanks

https://ibb.co/ktMjgQ 
haitch

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:29:49 PM

Thanks in advance.

As test i am starting to do a 500gb partitoin on a 1TB. Just a test. then i gonna do both my 5TB's.
Now i just see my 1TB is format as NTFS, is this ok? Or should it be better FAT32 or does it not make any difference?

thanks

for XPlotter it MUST be NTFS - FAT32 or exFAT will not work.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
maffiamaes

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:38:54 PM

Thanks in advance.

thanks

Ok good to know.
The image i wanted to show you is here... I first started the gui wallet, then i see its already using a lot of memory on java too. I am wondering, now the doss comands started, can i close the burst gui wallet and java? For plotting i dont know why this should still be running on my computer. Or am i wrong?

http://imgur.com/a/WVtR0
haitch

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:20:05 AM

Thanks in advance.

thanks

Ok good to know.
The image i wanted to show you is here... I first started the gui wallet, then i see its already using a lot of memory on java too. I am wondering, now the doss comands started, can i close the burst gui wallet and java? For plotting i dont know why this should still be running on my computer. Or am i wrong?

That's a really high value for RAM that Xplotter is using. AFAIK without being over-ridden, it'll never be higher than 50% of total system RAM, your's is over 80%. Xplotter can be stopped and restarted to resume the current plot, but you'll need to manually do it - which will involve editing a batch file and manually launching it. If you want to restart let me know and I can give you the steps, or do a TV session and set it up for you.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
maffiamaes

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:44:36 AM

Thanks in advance.

thanks

Ok good to know.

That's a really high value for RAM that Xplotter is using. AFAIK without being over-ridden, it'll never be higher than 50% of total system RAM, your's is over 80%. Xplotter can be stopped and restarted to resume the current plot, but you'll need to manually do it - which will involve editing a batch file and manually launching it. If you want to restart let me know and I can give you the steps, or do a TV session and set it up for you.

Ok, well i am testing plotting on a 500gb and its already done for 80% so i will leave it like that for now.
So when i do my 5TB, i probably choose less "threats" via the plotter in the gui wallet? Like 6 instead of 8? But then it will take longer? In fact i have no problem with the fact it using so much ram. I am not doing anything else on that computer. I was just wondering if i even have more ram space for xplotter i i shut down the gui wallet and java after starting the plotting :-)
haitch

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:22:17 AM

Thanks in advance.

thanks

Ok good to know.

Ok, well i am testing plotting on a 500gb and its already done for 80% so i will leave it like that for now.
So when i do my 5TB, i probably choose less "threats" via the plotter in the gui wallet? Like 6 instead of 8? But then it will take longer? In fact i have no problem with the fact it using so much ram. I am not doing anything else on that computer. I was just wondering if i even have more ram space for xplotter i i shut down the gui wallet and java after starting the plotting :-)

As I said, I've not used a recent version of the AIO, but you should be able to set ram and threads - set threads to your system total - 1, and RAM to half of what you have

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
maffiamaes

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:29:59 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 09:55:26 AM by maffiamaes

Thanks in advance.

thanks

Ok good to know.

As I said, I've not used a recent version of the AIO, but you should be able to set ram and threads - set threads to your system total - 1, and RAM to half of what you have

Only able to set threads cpu cores thats it.
I been mining with my 500gb plot as test for 10 hours now (see printscreen)
Also a 5TB hdd is plotting since 10 years ago. Only 3% is done by now ... wow this takes sooo long.

Can anybody see on the printscreen if i got any burstcoin with mining? i always see no deadlines. but this is probably because i only using 500gb right now?

IMINEBLOCKS on youtube says it should take around 24h to plot a 5 TB drive. But when i check the stats its only for 3 or 4% done like i said... and this in 8hours time. So i think there is something wrong?

Anybody willing to do skype session with me?
maffiamaes

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:04:02 PM

I closed java that was running on the background. I am on 20% now of the 5TB.

but still i would like to discuss some things about plotting.  The cores and threads, are they related to eachother. can you take 1 core and 4 threads or is this a bad idea? Is is better to have 2 core and 4 treads, or 4 cores and 8 treads, or 8 cores and 16 threads.

I would be really helpfull if somebody want to send me a pm with his skype so we can have a small skype session. Offcourse i am willing to give you a tip in btc, eth, burst, ltc, ripple, or ever other coin :-)

I gonna receive 8 x 5TB this week, so i really wanne know if i doing the best performance now to plot. maybe somebody have some tips to speed up the process or tell me what i am doing wrong... I also have teamvieuwer, so its easy to share my screen with you if you want.

Not that its not working now, but i am bit a pefectionist, so i really wanne know everything in detail, i am a bit a computer nerd hah :-)

thanks in advance community!
maffiamaes

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 03:44:28 PM

Still only 25% lol

see prinscreen, any settings that are wrong?
http://imgur.com/a/eOhX5
sud

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:11:38 PM

Still only 25% lol

see prinscreen, any settings that are wrong?
http://imgur.com/a/eOhX5
It takes time, my 2TB disk plotted 3-4 days as far as i remember. And yes threads and cores are related - each 1 physical core got 2 threads, so it's always threads=cores*2.
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: