Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe way to buy my first S7?  (Read 1016 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:25:05 AM

I think we would all agree buying direct is better option then buying that Craigslist he mentioned.  And that is before you take in fact it sounds he wants BTC 1/2 in advance for Craigslist ad.... which sounds scamy to me still.

Even at the higher B8 price I would still do that over his offer he had.  It is true he could get lucky or not lucky on B9 shipment date no way to say for sure.  So it is a gamble.

Its not much Gambling with craiglist however, its a garanteed "Throwing BTC down the drain." Regardless, the buy now price of S7 is still better than best case scenario with Craiglist so there is not much point in considering the craiglist offer. The PSU from Bitmain is arguably cheap. I would go with an alternative, however. Especially since it need 240v and there are better options here.

For 120v i'd go with Avalon6 no contest, since ATX PSU at that capacity range are still affordable.

I would not consider 240 a lesser option or PSU's that run on it.  It is actually a really good option just not everyone is set up for it.   But for those who can I would go 220/240 go for it.  I really like it in my hobby mining area.  

S7 could go on 120 to, its just for a ATX psu with 10 PCIe is so expensive.  There are not many and they are a lot higher then a 240 server psu that is as good if not better on some.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:33:27 AM

I think we would all agree buying direct is better option then buying that Craigslist he mentioned.  And that is before you take in fact it sounds he wants BTC 1/2 in advance for Craigslist ad.... which sounds scamy to me still.

Even at the higher B8 price I would still do that over his offer he had.  It is true he could get lucky or not lucky on B9 shipment date no way to say for sure.  So it is a gamble.

Its not much Gambling with craiglist however, its a garanteed "Throwing BTC down the drain." Regardless, the buy now price of S7 is still better than best case scenario with Craiglist so there is not much point in considering the craiglist offer. The PSU from Bitmain is arguably cheap. I would go with an alternative, however. Especially since it need 240v and there are better options here.

For 120v i'd go with Avalon6 no contest, since ATX PSU at that capacity range are still affordable.

I would not consider 240 a lesser option.  It is actually a really good option just not everyone is set up for it.   But for those who can I would go 220/240 go for it.  I really like it in my hobby mining area.  

S7 could go on 120 to, its just for a ATX psu with 10 PCIe is so expensive.  There are not many and they are a lot higher then a 240 server psu that is as good if not better on some.

I meant to say that the Bitmain's PSU is 220V+ only AND (the Bitmain PSU) is a lesser option when you have access to 220V+. I'd probably go with some of those packages with J4bs pci-e breakout board and get some ultra kaze or some such to cool the PSU's relatively quietly. Or EVGA psu's that do 220-240V.

I ran my S7 with two PSU for a bit, it worked just fine, it would definitively reduce costs vs a single 1500~1600 or whatever, but its still expensive unless you already have them on hand.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌