Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:12:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A safty place to place all the money?  (Read 1019 times)
TheLastSpicyTuna (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 09:44:38 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 10:21:40 AM by TheLastSpicyTuna

I'm thinking and thinking a lot about  following thinks, maby you will call me paranoid but i thinking still about it Smiley

1) whats happen if tomorrow all BTC is 1$ worth?

2) what if all countries govoment do crypto currency eg. bitcoins illegal?

3) I can put my bitcoins in a physical product where I can graders me much better against the volatility that is bitcoin exchange rate?

4) The very best way to protect against a hacker attack or against a steal all your money from your wallet ?, are there any ways to choose a safe solution here?

I am a little worried about it and naturally want to protect myself as best as possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:55:40 AM

Yea, I thought about this before, I guess if you want to play safe about having your bitcoins stolen one day, you can try storing your bitcoins offline with a paper wallet. Exchanging bitcoin to fiat is also a way too if you are afraid of bitcoin's volatility, like exchanging to Paypal, Skrill or other stuff, or even withdrawing through a BTC ATM. Smiley

Even though I have the same thoughts as you, I trust online wallets, and I dislike using other currency exchanging methods. Use multiple wallets to play safe too!

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 09:57:34 AM

I'm thinking and thinking a lot about  following thinks, maby you will call me paranoid but i thinking still about it Smiley

Thats not realistic. There are many people that would buy as much as they can at 100 USD or even 200 USD. It would if ever take a long time for bitcoin to fall to 1 USD.

2) what if all countries bills do crypto currency here in the mix bitcoins illegal?

Sorry can you rephrase that? I dont get the "in the mix bitcoins" part.

3) I can put my bitcoins in a physical product where I can graders me much better against the volatility that is bitcoin exchange rate?

No, you dont own bitcoin anyway. You just own (or know) a private key that allows you to spend certain coins. You can store the private key on a physical item (e.g. paper), but that does not attach value to the bitcoin.

4) The very best way to protect against a hacker attack or against a steal all your money from your wallet ?, are there any ways to choose a safe solution here?

I am a little worried about it and naturally want to protect myself as best as possible.

For most the safest solution is probably a hardware wallet.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
JITENDERPAR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:13:58 AM

according to my way you should put your money or btc at different location that will be results into save your money in another different way .
if someone trying to steal your bitcoins then he should try to hack your all account since he can't do the same at the same time so i think i would be better if you place your money in different place .

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Smita

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:34:35 AM

honestly i dont see why would bitcoin become illegal someday , for me it is like saying " open-source " is illegal .
and from what i ve read on the forum the safest way to keep your bitcoin is a hardware wallet
madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:10:27 AM

honestly i dont see why would bitcoin become illegal someday , for me it is like saying " open-source " is illegal .
and from what i ve read on the forum the safest way to keep your bitcoin is a hardware wallet

Or maybe you can create a aper wallet from an offline computer, then store it in a safe place, i think it's better to create 2 or 3 of the same paper wallet
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:48:59 AM

nothing it would have mean that it was a good bet afterall since it's more difficulty(far more) to reach $1 than reaching 10k

no way some of them already welcome bitcoin, and they are not hindering it at all, so this point is even stupid to discuss

no

use a simple cold storage, no hacker can hack you any coins in that way, or buy a trezor if you feel unsecure with your device
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:27:33 PM

if you store your coins on a paper wallet, you can deem yourself safe from hackers. however this doesnt mean youre safe from the volatility of bitcoin.
only way to do that imo is by converting your btc to your local currency.
adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:38:28 PM

I'm thinking and thinking a lot about  following thinks, maby you will call me paranoid but i thinking still about it Smiley

1. I think someday it will happen, but for today and tomorrow i think it's not now.
2. Nah we can still doing bitcoin things by using internet and online.
3. Don't know bout this.
4. Offline wallet in your pc seems good. and prevent to download something that contain virus or smth.
SuperCoinGuy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Defender of Bitcoin

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:45:34 PM

If you are unsure about the future safety of bitcoins then you could invest the money in precious metals instead.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:51:15 PM

Op, we can tell you than no one will guarantee that bitcoin price will be always good. As you know bitcoin is volatile currency mainly due to fact that bitcoin is totally sovereign.

Bitcoin economy is not centrally controlled by central banks or FRS, but I can tell you for sure that bitcoin won't go bankrupt in near future, that is for sure, amount of money invested in this technology is far too large at this point.

Secondly, don't fear bitcoin ban because for it to be effective every country had to do it. So far bitcoin is theoretically banned in some countries, but it didn't stop people from using it there.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 02:04:51 PM

I'm thinking and thinking a lot about  following thinks, maby you will call me paranoid but i thinking still about it Smiley

1) People like me will buy a whole lot of bitcoins.
2) Then it will be difficult to buy/sell bitcoins but people will still use it.
3) If you're worried about this then its better you buy something you sure is not as volatile as bitcoins in the first place.
4) Use a cold storage wallet, read up on it here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Cold_storage

But the bottom line is, no body knows the future, what if WWIII happens in future? We either believe in something or we don't, I believe that bitcoin have a great future and I buy it and use it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:05:49 PM

The biggest problem you have is only yourself. I would add another question toy your four made at your main post. If in this moment happen an earthquake and everything die (including me firstly) and on the earth will remain live only you what you will do? Add even this question to your questions and think and think to find a solution.

Meanwhile I am giving my answer to your 4 "big" and "important" questions (which probably leave you without sleeping every night):

1. I can assure you (giving all the amount in us dollar with the today price of bitcoin if happen otherwise) that tomorrow the price of bitcoin will be not for sure 1 us dollar. It will not be even after tomorrow. We will discuss about after two days because exist a risk that this day the price of bitcoin can go at the amount given by you. In order that you be safe sell tomorrow of after tomorrow all your bitcoins with half of the today price (to be sold immediately) and then buy again bitcoin after two days when the price may go 1 us dollar. And to be sure that everything goes without any problem I am ready to buy your bitcoin (all those) with half of the today price.

2. If will happen the supposition made by you at the second point be sure that when all the countries will have concluded such action you would be already in that place when are most of the humanity (whatever can be your actual age) and, according to me, in that place have no importance what happen with bitcoin.

3. In this point I can call you stupid you don't do this. If you would tell me that you don't know which is this product I can tell you that how do you know that exist (te mention it in your third question).

4. Very simply a 100% secure. Use Coinbase as your wallet. Offer all the possible warranties and securities which can be imagined by the human brain.

Be safe my friend and begin to sleep because will arrive ad one point in which will ask to the others: What is my name?

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 02:13:37 PM

You should be far more concerned about the virtual money you have deposited with the banks than with the money you have invested in Bitcoin.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
WENGER

Activity: 274

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 02:15:28 PM

1. Nothing happens, it would for those users who don't have any funds kept in their wallet but will result to some serious wealth damage to those who invest a lot in Bitcoin but again highly unlikely to happen.
2. They could make it illegal all day long but at the end of the day, the users won't stop using it just like few users I know that are located in countries that Bitcoin use is illegal.
3. Not getting what you meant.
4. Use hardware wallets.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:31:06 PM

No thing is going to happen if you are afraid losing your money why just not earn it thru Signature or other methods to get it.
Is not that difficult and when you are earning bitcoin actually you are not buying so that is okay if something bad happen with bitcoin.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 02:33:31 PM

There would have to be some sort of pretty significant event to cause a drop to a dollar each,  people would be snapping it up before it got anywhere near that levels.  I wouldn't worry about that as a possibility at the moment.

nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:37:27 PM

No thing is going to happen if you are afraid losing your money why just not earn it thru Signature or other methods to get it.
Is not that difficult and when you are earning bitcoin actually you are not buying so that is okay if something bad happen with bitcoin.

Not a good advice. When you "earn" them, it means you worked for them.
Why to risk any coins when there are ways to secure them?
Why not just store them in paper wallets and put them in a safe place?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 04:26:13 PM

Hooray!  Then I can buy a lot of very cheap bitcoins!

Then people will have to avoid telling their government that they are using bitcoins.

I don't understand what you are asking.  You can certainly exchange your bitcoin for other products if there are any you would prefer to have.  I have exchanged mine for Pizza many times.  Mmmmmm pizza.

Make sure you are using a truly random source for generating your private key.  Do it offline, and keep it protected from access by anyone else.
edoncoin

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:15:37 PM

If the network breaks down then bitcoin can be 0$  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: