Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:31:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin & Paypal  (Read 1185 times)
dk8218

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:20:37 PM

ahhh.... this question is repeated many times..
anyway.. i prefer btc always..
because Paypal can limit your transaction whereas in case of btc no limit.. unlimited money transfer..
and Paypal user can reverse their transaction by saying deal not done or product not received or someone can pay you buy a hacker or stolen Paypal..
so Paypal is too risky in my opinion..
technology2015

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:51:03 PM

Paypal is popiler now and it s common but when bitcoin will be more popiler and common it will be better than paypal
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:18:17 PM

There are no "clever" ways to exchange Bitcoin and Paypal. You can head to the Currency Exchange section in the Marketplace if you want to find someone to exchange your Bitcoin and Paypal.
Don't forget to use escrow!

We have been warning against the dangers of using Paypal to buy Bitcoin since the very beginning when the first people saw business on this in eBay and they started selling BTC through there, but it seems people is still willing to get scammed.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:23:48 PM

Recently I heard many bad stories about people who did some business and paypal blocked their funds because of some dispute or complain.
Even some of my friends can't access to their paypal account anymore because of some strange security reasons and lost their funds in paypal account.
when you hear about it you really start to like bitcoin even more Smiley
We don't have such problems and can recommend bitcoin to everyone.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
edoncoin

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:09:08 PM

What are the clever ways to exchange Bitcoin and Paypal? How we can make this exchange possible and regulated?
Is there any user friendly platform where we can exchange Paypal and Bitcoin!

I still wonder why not a normal exchange
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:31:01 PM

Wences Casares appointed to PayPal's Board of Directors!!
Some interesting news I would say.

AN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:PYPL) today announced it has appointed Wences Casares to its Board of Directors. A successful international fintech entrepreneur and recognized next-generation payment and crypto-currency thought leader, Casares will serve on PayPal’s Compensation Committee. His appointment was effective January 12, 2016.

Casares is the founder and CEO of Xapo, a company that provides the tools people need to purchase bitcoins and then manage them through an easy-to-use online wallet, spend them through the Xapo Debit Card or store them in Xapo’s secure Vault.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160113005322/en/PayPal-Appoints-Wences-Casares-Board-Directors

PayPal Just Appointed This Bitcoin Startup Entrepreneur to Its Board
http://fortune.com/2016/01/13/paypal-adds-wences-casares-to-board/
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:35:01 PM

These are amazing news and I've no doubts it will have a MAJOR impact more than anything else in the upcoming months. The goal it's clearly Bitcoin & Paypal integration since Wences Casares has been running Xapo with the intention to make it more user friendly and get mainstream adoption for some time now. If Paypal and Bitcoin could have a more fluid integration, buying and selling Bitcoin with the click of a button just imagine the potential.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:35:21 PM

Write PayPal and tell them you will use their service when it includes bitcoin. They are thinking about it now, but if we all wrote today this could be done by autumn 2016.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:41:34 PM

I thought doing a SEPA transfer would incur more taxes and would take longer than taking the Paypal route. Or am I very wrong on this? I looked into using Bitstamp but they require a lot of personal information I am not comfortable providing in the first place.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:41:58 PM

Write PayPal and tell them you will use their service when it includes bitcoin. They are thinking about it now, but if we all wrote today this could be done by autumn 2016.

what would happen about chargeback? how they will handle them?
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:49:46 PM

That is their problem lol. But I bet they are discussing your question is meetings. Perhaps they will act as an escrow for transactions?

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:04:42 PM

We will need further development of second layer protocols to deal with such problems, right now there is not a clean, scalable solution yet, so I can't really blame them in being invested in Bitcoin, but nonetheless Elon Musk is an idiot when it comes to Bitcoin, he isn't giving it all the credit it deserves and he doesn't believe yet in it taking over the world. I guess he is up for a rough awakening.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 07:22:53 PM

Like others already mentioned there are a few ways to exchange btc for paypal.
There may be a btc <-> pp exchange in near future due to news of pp recruiting xapo ceo

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:47:04 PM

Like others already mentioned there are a few ways to exchange btc for paypal.
There may be a btc <-> pp exchange in near future due to news of pp recruiting xapo ceo
I really hope so. Right now it is possible to exchange BTC for PP, but it is a poor choice. The profound risk of charge-backs and the lack of legal recourse through PayPal make it a scammers paradise. If PayPal allowed the option of keeping a balance in a wallet and facilitated transactions they could become the largest exchange site on Earth, IMO. I assume Wences Casares understands all this and that is why he has been asked to join the board. Let's have his back by telling PayPal that they are on the right track!

BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:57:48 PM

These are amazing news and I've no doubts it will have a MAJOR impact more than anything else in the upcoming months. The goal it's clearly Bitcoin & Paypal integration since Wences Casares has been running Xapo with the intention to make it more user friendly and get mainstream adoption for some time now. If Paypal and Bitcoin could have a more fluid integration, buying and selling Bitcoin with the click of a button just imagine the potential.

What does Paypal gain in this?  Remaining relevant in a future with only Bitcoin?

I love Bitcoin
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:37:01 PM

I'm not sure but Wences Casares is not just a guy with a vague interest in Bitcoin, they hired him only because of Xapo and his tremendous interest in BTC and I'm sure they have full integration in mind for the near future. Maybe they idea is to offer a fiat to fiat service with Bitcoin as bridge, it depends on the ambition and budget they have reserved for this project/process.

If it happens just think about how many scams related issues will vanish. Getting a hold of Bitcoin (and worst, selling it for fiat) is still a huge barrier except in certain countries that have more trusted services. If you could buy and sell Bitcoin directly in Paypal, you will never use another option.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: